December 12, 2019, 10:49:39 AM

Poll

What do fans really think of Steven Gerrard?

'Greedy Capitalist pig'  (Quote from Dude)
0 (0%)
LFC Legend
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 9558 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
couldn't hit a barn door against bolton or blackburn, then runs rampant tonight.

he's done well tonight.  Great game chaser. 

good time to flog him.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 11:23:38 PM »
Kopite999, it was a sublime hat-trick and I've no problem giving him his dues on this occasion....I hope he's as fired up against Chelsea!

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 12:48:10 AM »
TBH if i was in Gerrards shoes i'd leave us tomorrow. We were absolutely awful for 70-75mins tonight. Anyone see the ultra's banner? I tried translating it on my phone but as always at Anfield  signal is pretty shitty. The first bit was 'Anfield Road niente.......' and there was another one. If someone saw them and knows what it said i'm intrigued to know.  Napoli fans were f@cking everywhere tonight. Horrible knob ends

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »
Looks he saved Hodgson's bacon.....twit, I want him out  :P :P :P
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
aye, he's saved Woy's bacon at least for 2010.

see what a good kick up the ass does tho.  no more hero worship, more kicks up the ass to keep his feet on the ground.

I've said for years, that he'd make a great david fairclough.......a super-sub.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
aye, he's saved Woy's bacon at least for 2010.

see what a good kick up the ass does tho.  no more hero worship, more kicks up the ass to keep his feet on the ground.

I've said for years, that he'd make a great david fairclough.......a super-sub.

;D

Dont think i need to reply to that after last night. ;)

We are a very very poor team.Whethers its our squad depth or Roy i cant decide :-\

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
;D

Dont think i need to reply to that after last night. ;)

We are a very very poor team.Whethers its our squad depth or Roy i cant decide :-\

I've said it for years, there's no better player to bring off the bench when we're chasing a game, kopite.

where chaos and inaction reigns supreme, direct action by captain marvel often reaps reward.

e.g. their keeper didn't fancy it for that opening goal.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
Maybe it'll set a trend. Every game every team must stick their best players on the bench and arent allowed to bring them on until half time. Sounds like a plan. If we did that in the premiership we'd be 4-0 down at half time every game, because we've got a squad that without Gerrard, Torres and Reina thats no better than Stoke City

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/he-s-the-best-we-ve-ever-had

'He's the best we've ever had'

Jamie Carragher today reflected on Steven Gerrard's stunning Napoli hat-trick and declared: 'He's the best player we've ever had.'

With Liverpool trailing by a goal at half-time, the captain came off the bench to fire a second-half treble and help the Reds to a 3-1 victory over the Italian club on Thursday night.

It puts Roy Hodgson's side on the brink of qualification for the knockout stages of the Europa League - and Carragher is eager to laud the qualities that have made Gerrard one of the world's most outstanding talents.

"Stevie is just an unbelievable talent, we all know that," he said. "We have seen him do things like he did last night time and again during his career.

"But he keeps on producing when it matters and, to me, that makes him the best player the club has ever had and the most influential player ever in the Premier League.

"You could see the crowd responded to him when he came on in the second half and he lifted everybody's performance. He was outstanding and we were able to get out of a tight spot.

"Thankfully we were able to get the win and now we have got to make sure we can keep this run going for as long as possible."

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
Maybe it'll set a trend. Every game every team must stick their best players on the bench and arent allowed to bring them on until half time. Sounds like a plan. If we did that in the premiership we'd be 4-0 down at half time every game, because we've got a squad that without Gerrard, Torres and Reina thats no better than Stoke City

Stoke were above us in the table until we stole the three points with that late winner on Sunday at Bolton.

Reina has been world class this season, as always.  Without him, we'd be bottom of the pile.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »
Jamie Carragher says of his best mate: "Stevie keeps on producing when it matters"

apart from against the boltons and blackburns of this world.

Jamie goes on to say:  "Stevie's the best player the club has ever had and the most influential player ever in the Premier League."

so why were we in the relegation area til last weekend?

why do we rarely compete for league titles?

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
so why were we in the relegation area til last weekend?

why do we rarely compete for league titles?

Dude in fairness to Gerrard he cant win titles single handed. If we had players with half as much talent and contribution as Gerrard in every area of the pitch we would have number 19, 20, 21 and many more titles by now.

Look at Newcastle with Shearer. Even though he was so good for so log at Newcastle and scored so many goals he couldn't bring them the league on his own.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »
Like you have said dude on numerous occaisions, a team involves more than one contributing. He cant where his blue costume with big 's' on it everyweek. Anyway i doubt theres any Kryptonite left, after the amount of times he's dug us out of a hole over the years. I personally would have sent him to rescue the Chilean miners ;)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
 :D  @ chilean miners

but don't we see the same excuses pulled out all the time.

are we also saying england also fail because stevie has nobody decent to play alongside him?

the reality IMHO is that teams cannot function properly without disciplined individuals.  Maradona was an exception......you gave him the ball, even if you were a journey-man, and he beat the opposition on his own, lots of the time.

I've always maintained that Stevie is Liverpool's version of Utd's Bryan Robson.  A super hero who's role ill-fits in a properly firing top team.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
I dont think anyone on this forum follows England TBH

'We're not English, we are Scouse'