November 11, 2019, 09:54:57 PM

Poll

What do fans really think of Steven Gerrard?

'Greedy Capitalist pig'  (Quote from Dude)
0 (0%)
LFC Legend
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 9291 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
wigan, what a midfield.  They nullified our superstar.

stoke, what a midfield.  They nullified our superstar. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:03:25 AM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »
Dude pokes the wasp's nest once more.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Redman

• Settling in
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »
Well I'm sitting on the fence in this one. Stevie G our greatest EVER player, no chance, he'd probably just make it into my top 10. On the other hand I have to agree with the comments about him being our best player over the last 10 years or so, he's ploughing a lone furrow out there many a time and I actually feel sorry for the guy. If he had a couple more Carra's, Torreses, Reina's and Alonso types out there he would feel like he doesn't need to do it all. Look what happened when Alonso was there, Stevie pushed further up the field and supported Torres, it's no coincidence that we finished 2nd just 2 seasons ago 4 points off winning the league, the loss of Alonso last season when we finished 7th is hugely underestimated, it's the one thing I can never forgive Rafa for, trying to get Barry to replace Alonso, was he mad? The comparison was Hulahoop getting Diouf when he had the chance to buy Anelka, unforgivable. Oh well rant over.
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »
Dude pokes the wasp's nest once more.  ;D

you have to agree tho, it makes the forum a tad more colourful   :D
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
the one thing I can never forgive Rafa for, trying to get Barry to replace Alonso, was he mad? The comparison was Hulahoop getting Diouf when he had the chance to buy Anelka, unforgivable. Oh well rant over.

agreed.......tho rafa did have fair reasons (alonso had been playing poorly).

But Rafa's religion was football....and personal relationships came a distant second.

As for captain marvel....let's put it this way, there are others very/more deserving of some top scale recognition.

e.g. didi hamann (didi was the key to houllier being eliminated, by bayer leverkusen, from the CL......the worst Liverpool substitution in my lifetime), and Rafa winning it, in 2005.

Offline Redman

• Settling in
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »

e.g. didi hamann (didi was the key to houllier being eliminated, by bayer leverkusen, from the CL......the worst Liverpool substitution in my lifetime), and Rafa winning it, in 2005.

Oh that was an awful substitution and I have to keep reminding Pope Pumparse about that when he bangs on about Rafa having to use Didi in the 2nd half of the CL Final in 2005 to track and nullify Kaka, mind you we both know what a hypocrite Pope is. He now supports Roy whole heartedly, the man can do no wrong in his eyes but what do you expect when he wanted Rafa out from day 1.
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »
Oh that was an awful substitution and I have to keep reminding Pope Pumpa*se about that when he bangs on about Rafa having to use Didi in the 2nd half of the CL Final in 2005 to track and nullify Kaka, mind you we both know what a hypocrite Pope is. He now supports Roy whole heartedly, the man can do no wrong in his eyes but what do you expect when he wanted Rafa out from day 1.

;D

I re-installed my old fave xnews program this week..........the software that I used when posting in newsgroups.

I looked in all my old favourite music newsgroups, to see who was still around.  I have yet to look in the Liverpool group.

Pope will always try to be contradictory.........he has long since lost the ability to be sane or truthful.