January 26, 2021, 12:54:27 PM

Author Topic: NEW STADIUM  (Read 2582 times)

DeepestL0NGROD

NEW STADIUM
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knows about  NESV's plans for Stanley Park stadium or whatever they are calling it.  :-\

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: NEW STADIUM
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »
They've yet to decide if it's a Anfield re-vamp or a new ground.

As far as whether they'd re-design or go with the Toxics arena, I've seen nothing but I doubt they've reached the stage where they are deciding on stick or twist as far as any new stadium goes.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

anfieldr0ad

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »
They cant even decide to sack Roy or not so this is gonna be abit out of their depth!
Sell up and go! shouldve got the chinese in.. that wouldve got us millions more fans and they had the cash ready to spend..unlike the yanks only in it to see what they can get out of it

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
They cant even decide to sack Roy or not so this is gonna be abit out of their depth!
Sell up and go! shouldve got the chinese in.

go and support united, chuckles.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »
The Chinese bid was all smoke and mirrors with not an ounce of substance.

I can see exactly what NESV are doing. Unlike Hicks and Gillette they are planning for a future and the more I hear them speak the more confident I am that we will see long term gain even if it means a little short term pain like we're experiencing now.

anfieldr0ad

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
I'd like to hear them alittle bit more, tell us what the plans actually are... they dont give any answers.. just 'we are learning about football everyday' it doesnt take alot to know Roy is destroying the club, the fans have finally turned on him.. It doesnt take alot to know it's going to take alot of money to build a new team, doesnt take a lot to know Torres doesnt want to play for us no more, we are 3 points off relegation and theres no sign of improvement under Roy.

Offline thisisanfield

• Just starting out
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
Anfield road...

I fortunately missed last nights game. I agree the silence from John Henry is hard to take on the back of the way we are playing and the tactics employed by Roy.
But they are sticking to their word, they said they would try to be patient, give Roy a chance etc... we have to respect that. Otherwise we would be back to the back stabbing days of the 2 cowboys. But he has been given time and we are going south under Roy.
There is no question they are learning about the club but as you point out there are soo many issues. Even if they act (hopefully they will Now!) and sack Roy lets not fool ourselves that all will be fixed, no matter what, the other issues will not be resolved until they are given time to find the right solutions.

Players not playing = solution sack Roy.
Fans sick of tactics = solution sack Roy.
Torres wants out  =  maybe he will play better under a new manager but I feel its too late.   
Money to buy a new team = money is needed but you don't go to Harrods and get 8 players on a saturday.
Stadium = I am all for a revamp of Anfield Road... but also a new stadium option if it is the right decision.
Through all this lets be respectful to our new owners but also willing to voice our opinions as fans of this great club.

anfieldr0ad

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »
I would like to see Anfield revamped, Its our home. I think we could ground share for a season (or how long it takes) with Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park, Its about 4 miles from Anfield Holds 15 thousand?
While the work is being done, Anfield is 6th in the staduim capacity.
With the fan base we have we need to go from 45,500 - 70,000+
Longshot?!

DeepestL0NGROD

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
I would like to see Anfield revamped, Its our home. I think we could ground share for a season (or how long it takes) with Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park, Its about 4 miles from Anfield Holds 15 thousand?
Longshot?!
That could work but again it's a massively bold step for the tentative owners.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
Longshot?!

I doubt we'd get a revamped Anfield up to anything more than 60K. For 70K+ (and a very flexible ticket pricing policy needed to assure full houses as much as possible) we'd need a new ground.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.