August 25, 2019, 08:58:37 PM

Author Topic: New CEO imminent?  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
New CEO imminent?
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
There a topic on the LFC Forum sourced from a Norwegian LFC site that reports John Henry and Tom Werner are coming to Anfield this week for 'big things' to be announced. Although this may sound a bit speculative the source is close to the club and there seems to be a belief something will be announced.

My guess is the announcement of the new CEO. That's probably not a surprise to many of you but what is interesting is the use of plural in 'things'.

My guess is that there may be an announcement about the stadium or failing that, some new signings. They'll also be taking in the game on Sunday and possibly tomorrow night's game at Blackpool.

Interesting times!  :)
Cheers,
Ray

DeepestL0NGROD

Re: New CEO imminent?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:38 PM »
There a topic on the LFC Forum sourced from a Norwegian LFC site that reports John Henry and Tom Werner are coming to Anfield this week for 'big things' to be announced. Although this may sound a bit speculative the source is close to the club and there seems to be a belief something will be announced.

My guess is the announcement of the new CEO. That's probably not a surprise to many of you but what is interesting is the use of plural in 'things'.

My guess is that there may be an announcement about the stadium or failing that, some new signings. They'll also be taking in the game on Sunday and possibly tomorrow night's game at Blackpool.

Interesting times!  :)

All that I hope for is new signings.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
All that I hope for is new signings.

Do you not consider the appointment of a CEO important then? The US owners need some guidance on football matters which makes the appointment crucial. Someone like David Dein would be a great catch but I suspect it will be someone else.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
New CEO imminent?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
I've heard it's a marque signing. Lionel messi was spotted at a chippy in anfield the other day!

Realistically though you probably are right. Unless it's a rumour made up purely on the fact they're coming over for the derby.

I'm hoping its to sign off huge cheques for some quality. Brian reade said he wouldn't be surprised if the owners wanted to make a big signing this month to announce their arrival and their future intent. And brian's not a sensationalist so I'm praying he's right

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
New CEO imminent?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:42 PM »
P.S David dein would be a good call. Didn't he oversee arsenals move from highbury to the emirates?

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
It's not Lionel Messi we need. It's that irish chap who scored that brilliant flicked goal for some unknown team a month or two back that got played on the BBC news yesterday.

I don't see them coming over just for the CEO appointment even though it's obvious they need to put in a personal appearance for that. It would be highly unusual for the press not to get a whiff of a new signing but you never know.

Dein was instrumental in that move. He's a quality chairman. In the Sir John Smith mold.

My money is on the stadium statement plus CEO. Be nice to see Linda Henry again though.  :-*
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
New CEO imminent?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »
Emirates is a great stadium. Got to be one of the best in the world. Ive been lucky enough to have been there twice. Dein as CEO and to oversee the building of a new stadium would be a dream ticket
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:49:34 PM by Kopite999 »

DeepestL0NGROD

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »
It's not Lionel Messi we need. It's that irish chap who scored that brilliant flicked goal for some unknown team a month or two back that got played on the BBC news yesterday.

I hope your joking.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
I hope your joking.
What do you think?  ;)
Cheers,
Ray

jcred85

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »
They have sorted the managerial problem out so signings and the stadium issue are the two other pressing concerns for the fans. If they can at least start to address both with announcements in the coming week it would be fantastic.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »
when I recommended david dein last year, I didn't think you'd all be so sold on it.    8)    :-*

david dein, like he did with arsenal............could help with the stadium move, from anfield to the KFC Stadium.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
New CEO imminent?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
when I recommended david dein last year, I didn't think you'd all be so sold on it.    8)    :-*

david dein, like he did with a*senal............could help with the stadium move, from anfield to the KFC Stadium.

I nominate Dude for chairman!!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
I nominate Dude for chairman!!

many thanks.  I accept.

I sure could do with the money.   :D

(and if I am rubbish, you can fire me after 6 months, for 2 million)

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
P.S David dein would be a good call. Didn't he oversee arsenals move from highbury to the emirates?

Keith Edelman was the brains behind that.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.