October 14, 2019, 02:14:49 PM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 104138 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 01:48:57 AM »
Any truth in the rumours we've tied up the bosman signing of Sylvian Marveaux?

It seems to be appearing in too many places not to be true, Juan.

Left back is obviously the priority, so I think is a centre half. I keep saying this every Summer, but we need a top class, first choice centre half, and then let Agger (when fit to) and Carra compete to partner the new centre half. Let Skrtel and the Greek go and whoever is the most ready out of Wilson and Ayala get the fourth spot, with the other going out on loan.

Who for the left back spot is a tough one. There's a real dirth of quality left backs, nevermind available, quality left backs throughout world football.

Cissokh at Lyon is quality but would really cost. Taiwo at Marseille is highly rated but can't say I can remember seeing him play much. Jose Enrique at Newcastle is one we've been linked with and again appears highly rated. Like Taiwo, he's out of contract in the Summer. Both have turned down contract offers and negotiations at their current clubs.

We could do with a left footed Arbeloa.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
How under rated was arbeloa? He could play anywhere across the back four and do a job.

Is Enrique out of contract in the summer? That would be a good signing if he was.

I definately think zorba the Greek will be off. He's done well for us considering the fee. But if we want to move up a level we need to find another Sammy hypia.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
I've got a cunning plan baldrick for the summer. Sign up the whole barca team!!!

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »
Spoke to soon!!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:04 AM »
How under rated was arbeloa?

Totally agree Kopite. A top class player, who's doing very well for Real this season. We definately need to find ourselves a left footed version and Comolli won't find everything we're looking for just in France.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
I'd go out and get a top class left back. Sell konchesky and bring warnock in aswell for competition.

On getting a centre back we've been linked with Gary Cahill quite a bit. I've never really rated him as much as some do but he's English and must be doing something right because he's always linked with the mancs and arsenal.

If we can get Adam in get rid of poulson.

With marveaux looking likely to sign I'd get rid of maxi mainly because of his wages. And same for jovanovic. If we can get young in to replace the Serb I don't think we'll be a bad team next year

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:12 PM »
I'd go out and get a top class left back. Sell konchesky and bring warnock in aswell for competition.

On getting a centre back we've been linked with Gary Cahill quite a bit. I've never really rated him as much as some do but he's English and must be doing something right because he's always linked with the mancs and arsenal.

If we can get Adam in get rid of poulson.

With marveaux looking likely to sign I'd get rid of maxi mainly because of his wages. And same for jovanovic. If we can get young in to replace the Serb I don't think we'll be a bad team next year

Cahill's an odd case isn't it. Villa (O'Neill) let him go for £5M in Jan 2008 but within 18 months he was being valued in the £10M-£15M bracket. I can't why Villa let him go unless for some reason O'Neill didn't rate him. Seems like a bad decision.

I've never been totally convinced by him and feel he attracts a premium English premium where his value is concerned probably due to a lack of top quality English alternatives.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
We're being linked with a £10million bid for nico krancjaer of spurs. I remember saying when he was available at Pompey for a couple of mill he might be worth a punt. But 10 million, no way!

Gervinho who's in France somewhere, seems to be linked with us a lot at the moment. Has anyone seen much of him?

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
10 mil is an 'arry wheel and deal...Krancjar nearly walked for 2 mil less than 3 weeks ago after not being used by spurs...he gets two goals in 2 games and suddenly he's worth 10 mil??

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
Technically very good, but doesn't put in a high enough level of performances on a consistant basis. I doubt we'd consider it at £10M.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »
Krancjaer is one of those players you buy when you are trying to reach the next level but when you get there he becomes a squad player or surplus to requirements.

Cant see us going for him, we have enough squad players of our own that we need to get rid of, i wouldnt see the point in bringing in someone else.

From here on in we only need to be signing players that improve the team.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Krancjaer is one of those players you buy when you are trying to reach the next level but when you get there he becomes a squad player or surplus to requirements.

Cant see us going for him, we have enough squad players of our own that we need to get rid of, i wouldnt see the point in bringing in someone else.

From here on in we only need to be signing players that improve the team.

Exactly, just a short term, marginal improvement that wouldn't take us very far forward.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
harry's a good judge of a player.

if he is letting krancar go, then i would be dubious of buying him.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
harry's a good judge of a player.

if he is letting krancar go, then i would be dubious of buying him.

Bale's kept him out all season but as 'Arry obviously prefers Bale I guess we can judge Krancar against that standard.

Totally agree Dude. 'Arry tends to be a decent judge of a player and of how to get the best out of them.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
agreed, Tes.

if only we had the money, and intelligence, to buy Bales before Harry was employed at Spurs. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.