October 21, 2019, 08:59:38 PM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 107764 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 12:44:13 AM »
Bales story could have been very different. With his disastrous spell at left back at times keeping him out of the team had he not been pushed into left midfield who knows where he would have ended up and what would have happened him. Spurs may have decided to cut thier losses and he may have gone on to play at left back for club afer club.

His story could have mirrored Johnsons. Thats why i'm surprised we have never seen Johnson given a chance on the wing.

But as you guys say Harrys a good judge of character and Bale was pushed into midfield. Although there is grounds to dispute that, did he not pay 14 or 15 million to take Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane. We may have had to cut our losses but Parry and Benitez must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

But in all seriousness you just have to look at what he did and who he brought in to Portsmouth to see that Harry is a shrewd man. If hes flogging Krancjaer I really hope its not to us

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
Juan, I think the one weakness 'Arry has is that he has his favourites and these all tend to be forward players.

Taking Keane back was an odd one and the only people who would have benefit financially would be Keane and his agent.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
One report here linking Wolfsburg with a 5 million move for Skrtel. 7 million and I'd take it.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/177687/Germans-like-a-bit-of-Skrtel-/

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
It also seems Comolli was watching Conor Wickham of Ipswich. I'm not sure what kind of money you would be looking at for a player like Wickham but if Walcott and Bales fees are anything to go by and the apparent talent of this guy it would in the region of 10 million at least I suppose.

I have a problem paying that kind of money for players that arent tried and tested in the PL but we also need to start competing for top level young talent.  I guess I'd prefer the club to be paying 10 million on a young player with big potential talent than using the money to buy two has beens like Poulsen and Konchesky.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17946

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »
One report here linking Wolfsburg with a 5 million move for Skrtel. 7 million and I'd take it.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/177687/Germans-like-a-bit-of-Skrtel-/

Agreed, Juan. For me Skrtel has kicked on and developed.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
It also seems Comolli was watching Conor Wickham of Ipswich. I'm not sure what kind of money you would be looking at for a player like Wickham but if Walcott and Bales fees are anything to go by and the apparent talent of this guy it would in the region of 10 million at least I suppose.

I have a problem paying that kind of money for players that arent tried and tested in the PL but we also need to start competing for top level young talent.  I guess I'd prefer the club to be paying 10 million on a young player with big potential talent than using the money to buy two has beens like Poulsen and Konchesky.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17946

I'm not sure that Wickham is quite the 'prodigy' that Walcott or Bale were. I just have a bad feeling about paying £10M and then finding he was a early developer who doesn't push on a flourish.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
Tes,

Your signature is way out of date. Get your thinking cap on an entertain us with something new!  ;D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »
Tes,

Your signature is way out of date. Get your thinking cap on an entertain us with something new!  ;D

I hadn't noticed that, thanks ASI. The first part is thanks to Juan. It still makes me laugh everytime I think of it.

I'm running short of ammunition now that the worst of the storm seems to have past.

I shall have to think of something else though I agree.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »
Tes, you passed with flying colours! That brought a smile to my mush!  :D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
Tes, you passed with flying colours! That brought a smile to my mush!  :D

We all need a sense of humour after our setback today, but there's no better chance to pick ourselves up in the next game. It's why we all love football so much.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
I hadn't noticed that, thanks ASI. The first part is thanks to Juan. It still makes me laugh everytime I think of it.

Lol Tes if only I had meant that to be humorous at the time. Thankfully I finally got my wish.

As for your new signature its as funny for all of its own reasons. Its very satisfying to see Mascherano eat his words and warm the Barca bench. While Guardiola is in charge Mascherano will never be a mainstay in that team. He doesnt offer enough going forward and there are too many young players there capable of ensuring he reamins on the bench. No doubt he will still treat Barcas impending title win as if he played an integral part but deep down he knows his contribution was worth nothing.

I struggle to think of any player that has left Liverpool and gone on to better things. Mcmanaman is the only one who comes to mind in the last 15 years. Owen, Mascherano, Alonso have yet to do any better. Even Torres move to Chelsea looks far shakier now than it might have when he signed on the dotted line. I still think he will regret leaving and that his stay at Chelsea may not go beyond summer 2012. 

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »
We've been linked recently with Michel Bastos of Lyon and Brazil...plays left back for Brazil and left wing for Lyon...27 years old so the 17 mil asking price means little in the way of a selling on fee...but he's an excellent passer of the ball and shoots at goal (scored 14 in a year and a half)...
There's also been a mystery bid for Alexis Sanchez of Udinese...can play as a right winger and an attacking midfielder...
I like the versatility of both players and would really increase the pass and move...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
We've been linked recently with Michel Bastos of Lyon and Brazil...plays left back for Brazil and left wing for Lyon...27 years old so the 17 mil asking price means little in the way of a selling on fee...but he's an excellent passer of the ball and shoots at goal (scored 14 in a year and a half)...
There's also been a mystery bid for Alexis Sanchez of Udinese...can play as a right winger and an attacking midfielder...
I like the versatility of both players and would really increase the pass and move...

I think the mystery bidder is/was Chelsea, who've been very heavily linked for a while.

Bastos is class, but pricey.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »
Report: Italy Left Back Domenico Criscito 'on His Way to Liverpool'

by Nick Coman on Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:03PM   

The "Which left back will be linked to Anfield today?" game continued on Friday, as 24-year-old Italy international Domenico Criscito has now been tipped for a move to Anfield.

According to the Guardian, the Genoa left back "is on his way to Liverpool," though the report appears to be no more substantial than a rumor.

While Criscito may not be as highly-touted a prospect as Benfica's Fabio Coentrao, he is a bigger name than Sweden international Oscar Wendt, Emilio Izaguirre and Jose Enrique, all of whom have recently been linked to Anfield moves.

Criscito has become a fixture at left back for Italy and has been impressive for Genoa in the Serie A. His value, which has consistently risen in recent years, now sits at £10.5 million, according to TransferMarkt.co.uk

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-italy-left-back-domenico-criscito-on-his-way-to-liverpool.html

I think Oscar Wendt but be a good acquisition as cover, with the additional bonus of him being available on a free. I'd cash in on all three of Aurelio, Insua and Konchesky as I think the latter two won't be  and aren't good enough and Aurelio simply can't be relied upon to be available when needed or for the duration for which he'd be needed. Alternatively, we look to blood Mavinga and/or Robinson as second choice but a top class first choice has to be priority this Summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2011, 12:21:05 AM »
Liverpool join AC Milan and Juventus in race to sign Villarreal starlet Musacchio

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:26 AM on 4th February 2011

Liverpool have joined AC Milan and Juventus by scouting Villarreal's promising young central defender Mateo Musacchio.

The 20-year-old Argentine has only been in the first team a year but has emerged as one of the brightest talents in the Primera League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1353417/Liverpool-join-race-sign-Villarreal-starlet-Mateo-Musacchio.html

That would potentially gives us 3 young centre halves with Musacchio, Ayala and Wilson, with Musacchio looking like he could possibly go straight into the team, maybe alongside Agger/Carra and that would give us the chance to cash in on Skrtel, whilst he still has some sort of value and get Sotiris Kyrgiakos off the wage bill and freeing up a squad place for Ayala.
As Ayala has been out on loan for a good part of this season, maybe we could have him as 4th choice and then send Wilson out on loan to somewhere he will get match time, at least for the first half of next season.