October 23, 2019, 05:00:33 PM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 108794 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »
couldn't believe the Barton stuff when I saw it in the papers.

Barton is nowhere near Liverpool class.

And if Kenny thinks he is, and has supposedly been following the lad's career, then I am gobsmacked.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »
Heard a couple of rumours today a deal for Eden hazard is close. Everybody seems to rave about the lad but haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement really.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
Heard a couple of rumours today a deal for Eden hazard is close. Everybody seems to rave about the lad but haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement really.

I'd be surprised as he's said on more than one occasion that his prefered place to play in England is at The Emirates. Also, his price is overinflated. Yes, he has quality and bags of potential but he's proven nothing on the big stages yet and Ligue 1 is a deckchair job compared to the demands of the Premier League.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
But do arsenal really need another player like him? Id be very surprised if they did. They've got other areas that need immediate attention. The rumour is from the same source that I heard that suarez was in talks with us b4 it broke in the news. I'm still not convinced by hazard. He didn't do much against us last year but zidane seems to rate him highly and he knows a lot more about footy than I ever will.

Whether it's true or false it's nice to hear us mentioned with quality youngsters. Can't wait to see what actually does happen in the summer.

Kennys  definately the man for the job. I'm expecting an annoucement on him getting the gig on a full time basis either on the day of the spurs game or the day before

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
According to guillem balagues twitter Pepe has decided to stay!!! It was posted a few days ago but great news.

It also says we're after a left back, centre back, 2 wingers and a central midfielder.

And Jose Enrique hasn't signed yet because we're unsure on his defending

Mata is also a possibility.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »
Also read today that we're in poll position to get Ashley young.

Mata, young, Suarez, Carroll, meireles, kuyt, Gerrard and maybe maxi. That sounds like a cracking unit going forward to me with a lot of different qualities and depth. With a left back and centre back and the youngsters coming through the futures looking very bright.

A few months ago there were a few comments that said we wouldn't see champions league footy again until 2014. I honestly don't think that's the case now

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »
Mata will be tough to get as our rivals for his signature can all offer CL football.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
€16m Aquilani fee 'a little steep'

Friday 13 May, 2011

Alberto Aquilani’s agent feels the Liverpool buy-out clause is “a little steep” and Juventus probably won’t pay it.

The Bianconeri have been haggling over the €16m fee after taking the player on loan for this season and the deadline is looming.

“Juve want to sign Aquilani on a permanent basis, but they also want a discount from Liverpool on a price-tag that is effectively a little steep,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Sportmediaset.

“Clearly, if Alberto were to return to one of the top teams in the Premier League, then he wouldn’t be unhappy. He did sign a five-year contract with Liverpool.

“The important thing is that he had a good season and washed away those rumours he was constantly injured.”

Aquilani still in doubt for Juve
Alberto Aquilani’s injury has turned out to be less serious than first feared, but he is still a doubt for Juventus’ trip to Parma.

http://www.football-italia.net/may13r.html

Strange how the buy-out clause wasn't too steep for them to sign the loan contract it contained. Hopefully AC Milan will step up, especially as Pirlo is leaving on a free.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »
But do arsenal really need another player like him? Id be very surprised if they did. They've got other areas that need immediate attention. The rumour is from the same source that I heard that suarez was in talks with us b4 it broke in the news. I'm still not convinced by hazard. He didn't do much against us last year but zidane seems to rate him highly and he knows a lot more about footy than I ever will.

Whether it's true or false it's nice to hear us mentioned with quality youngsters. Can't wait to see what actually does happen in the summer.

Kennys  definately the man for the job. I'm expecting an annoucement on him getting the gig on a full time basis either on the day of the spurs game or the day before

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-make-move-for-20m-starlet

Anyone want to buy my crystal ball?

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »
I havent seen much of Hazzard but as you say its always nice to be linked with players who are rated.

It would be a very interesting transfer window if we were to make a couple of impressive early signings. Dont give the other teams a chance to react. Last season we were obviously very slow off the mark and i think we will need to move early to be able to compete with the four in the CL.

Saying that if its clear early on that a player is more interested in playing in the CL than at Liverpool move on to the next target.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »
I'm paticularly interested in players who have also been linked to Manure like Ashley Young and Jones at Blackburn. if we can get them it say's a lot about how players perceive the club under Kenny.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
The way kenny had us playing before spurs should hopefully be a big attraction for anyone.A long with the fact young for instance would be a regular starter rather than a bench warmer at the mancs

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
Agreed Kopite. It was no coincidence we lost when Meireles was out and Carroll played. That's not to say Andy isn't any good for us but we clearly played a different game without Raul's passing ability.

We need to learn to play to Andy's strengths which will be a lot easier when we have a couple of wingers.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
Hmmm Udinese has rejected a 30 million quid bid for Sanchez from an unnamed club it seems... can't see that being us..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389960/Alexis-Sanchez-30m-bid-rejected-Udinese.html