December 07, 2019, 08:56:18 AM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 121822 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
Hmmm Udinese has rejected a 30 million quid bid for Sanchez from an unnamed club it seems... can't see that being us..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389960/Alexis-Sanchez-30m-bid-rejected-Udinese.html

Chelsea had a £30M ish bid rejected in January. With Ancelotti going, I'd not be surprised if Abramovich has tried again in order to appease the natives. If not them, then City or Madrid, in that order.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
Looks like we could be losing out to Manure over Ashley Young. Shouldn't the club be busting a gut to get deals done asap now? What's going on? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390541/Manchester-United-beat-Liverpool-dash-sign-15m-England-winger-Ashley-Young.html
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
Its a shame he's gone to the darkside but I'm sure we'll get sum quality from somewhere. Kenny will make sure of that

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
There was a story about Dann in the echo. When they start writing stories on targets there normally close to the mark

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
There was also a story on the web about the benfica left back but apparently they want 25 million. He's a great player but not sure we should be spending so much on a left back.

Enrique plus kochensky and 6 or 7 million seems a fair deal to me when he's got only one year left on his contract.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
Kopite,

Didn't we pay a club record fee for Skrtel? £8M I believe. £25M is obscene.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
Yeah something like that. Seen reports today he's set on going to Real. Where we're at the moment that kind of signing just wouldn't make sense. Let's a assemble a very good young squad that's hungry and  can take us to the nxt step

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
Kopite,

Didn't we pay a club record fee for Skrtel? £8M I believe. £25M is obscene.

and that was 8 million PRE the depression hitting.

should be more like 4 or 5 million now.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »
I don't think football especially premier league clubs pays much attention to the depression dude eg players fee's and wages and also ticket prices

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
you're right, kopite.

and that is why we see such a gap now between football (clubs/players) and the fans.

I note that a senior QPR board member resigned this week, after his colleagues decided on higher ticket prices.....so even amongst club executives, there is a feeling that the prices are too high.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
you're right, kopite.

and that is why we see such a gap now between football (clubs/players) and the fans.

I note that a senior QPR board member resigned this week, after his colleagues decided on higher ticket prices.....so even amongst club executives, there is a feeling that the prices are too high.

Nice to see some honour amongst thieves board members for once.

Neither Enrique or Concentrao convince me defensively. I'd rather stick with what we've got (had this season) Johnson and Robinson than simply 'just get a left back'. For a player with just a year left on his contract Enrique seems overpriced and full backs that can attack, rather than defend, strangely always seem to attrack a irrational premium, a bit like English players.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »
Apparently mata is a done deal announcement on 1st July!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
Apparently mata is a done deal announcement on 1st July!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kopite, but who's done the deal?  :D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
Spurs sign Friedel on two-year deal

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the capture of Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel on a two-year deal.

The American veteran was out of contract this summer and Spurs have beaten off reported competition from both Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion for his signature.

"Brad is a top goalkeeper of real quality who has great experience," manager Harry Redknapp told the club's official website.

“It is good to have three such experienced top goalkeepers at the club in [Heurelho] Gomes, Carlo [Cudicini] and now Brad and it means we have competition for places, particularly with the number of games we will hopefully face next year both domestically and in Europe as well."

Friedel’s agent Tony McGill confirmed the move on skysports.com, saying: "Yes, I can confirm Brad has chosen Spurs, but it was a very difficult decision to leave Villa.

"Brad has really enjoyed his time there, the fans and staff have been exceptional, especially [Villa chief executive] Paul Faulkner, and I know Brad will wish Villa nothing but success.

"But Brad felt the time was right to move on, and he has not been short of offers. The last 48 hours have been hectic.

"Brad is now looking forward to moving to Tottenham and pushing for a starting place and helping them back into the top four next season."

Villa confirmed the move on their website with chief executive Faulkner stating: "I would like to thank Brad for the terrific contribution he has made at Aston Villa in his three seasons here."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/80698/default.aspx

That's a real shame. Would have been top class cover for Reina for a couple of seasons and then become a goalkeeping coach at the club.