December 07, 2019, 08:54:54 AM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 121820 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
Apparently mata is a done deal announcement on 1st July!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bloody hell! We're signing Mata Hari? That could make the dressing room interesting!  :D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2011, 12:44:33 AM »
doesn't have an agent apparently.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
doesn't have an agent apparently.
Dude, Superb  ;D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
Bloody hell! We're signing Mata Hari? That could make the dressing room interesting!  :D

:D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
I realise it's only 'media speculation' but there seems to be a 'buy British' theme running through the players we're linked with. Jordon Henderson and Conor Wickham (again) are the latest two. I've no problem with looking at 'Premiership proven' but I have with the prices we'd be paying.
We'd get better value shopping abroad, whilst at the same time looking at youngsters we could turn into our own 'young Brits' and save ourself a fortune both now and long term.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
TBH I'd rather us buy British. Would I prefer Ngog on the bench or wickham I'd take wickham. A hungry English lad who's got a bright future ahead of him. Ngogs got potential but the lack of passion and effort just can't be put up with.at the very least we expect players to give 100 percent and wickham will do that.

We've always been priced out of up and coming Englishman and then up paying at least double the price when they become proven. Kennys not stupid he'll pay what he thinks there worth and no more.

We've had years of cheyrous, pongolles, and numerous Spanish youngsters, I'm delighted kenny is going down the british route

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
TBH I'd rather us buy British. Would I prefer Ngog on the bench or wickham I'd take wickham. A hungry English lad who's got a bright future ahead of him. Ngogs got potential but the lack of passion and effort just can't be put up with.at the very least we expect players to give 100 percent and wickham will do that.

We've always been priced out of up and coming Englishman and then up paying at least double the price when they become proven. Kennys not stupid he'll pay what he thinks there worth and no more.

We've had years of cheyrous, pongolles, and numerous Spanish youngsters, I'm delighted kenny is going down the british route

We've certainly missed the boat in the past, most recently Gary Cahill when he moved from Villa to Bolton, Daniel Sturridge, Man City to Chelsea and Adam Johnson, Boro to Man City.
The prices being bandied about though are just crazy. Will we get real value for money or as technically and tactically proficient player if we sign, let's say, Jordon Henderson, as we would if we spent the same amount on a European or South American player?
Bottom line, I'm not bothered where a player comes from, and as I've said many times, I'd get much more joy from unearthing another Hyypia, Arbeloa, Reina, Alonso etc at those sorts of prices than going out and spending £20M+ each time on 'names'. 

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
Well Kopite you may be getting your wish. It seems the club are close to the signature of Henderson as reported here in the Guardian  http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/06/jordan-henderson-liverpool-sunderland

But with a midfield of Gerrard, Meireles, Spearing, Lucas and maybe Aquilani do we need another one? I suppose Kenny knows a bit more than me though.  :D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2011, 10:53:20 PM »
It is expensive but its great to see us getting great potential for the future. If he ends up spending his whole carreer here maybe it wont look that expensive in years to come. I also think he'll end up on one of the wings like you say we've got a lot of players in the middle.

But i'm pretty sure aquilani wont be with us next season even though with the new style we're playing it coud also suit his game.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
I don't understand why were are going for Henderson and now, are being linked to Adam again. Henderson at close to £20M seems far too much money. Who would he replace? Same for Adam. Does that mean Spearing loses his place? And then what about Shelvey? Kenny and Steve seems to be trying to build 3 teams!

I'd like us to go for Young. Surely he's worth as much as Henderson and would give us a top winger who can provide Carroll with some ammunition. And what's happened about Enrique? That's gone quiet.

I'm pleased we're looking to spend some serious money but I do worry about our targets.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:42 AM »
13M plus Ngog by the sounds of it. canny business for kenny if its true

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:30 AM »
13M plus Ngog by the sounds of it. canny business for kenny if its true

An absolute corking bit of business if true...I think Henderson might be bought as a potential replacement for Gerrard in a couple of years...

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
The henderson deal looks done with ngog going the other way...only 20 and english...he has much to learn but with gerrard and meireles and the 2 barca coaches i have no doubt he'll improve and he must show enough promise to be able to...
if it works out at about 13/14 mil for an englishman and with all these new rules then it's all good..

not sure where charlie adam could fit in if we get him also...

if we can get another englishman as in phil jones for the defence we'll have cover for gerrard and carragher when they close in on retirement..