December 12, 2019, 11:48:30 AM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 122502 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2011, 01:03:34 PM »
United have moved fast to ensure we dont get phil jones aswell, hes having a medical there now. Pitty a top centre back for the future is probably more needed than a centre midfielder. Cant win them all though

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2011, 11:15:37 PM »
It's a pity we couldn't land Jones but Kenny and Damian will have other choices. I think we need to get Enrique before Barca make a move. It would be hard for him to resist them.

Next up? We have to get Downing. A wide left man is essential  for service to Carroll. Kelly can provide good service down the right. And another striker would be handy. A marque signing would be useful as Carroll does seem a little injury-prone I'm sorry to say.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »
United have moved fast to ensure we dont get phil jones aswell, hes having a medical there now. Pitty a top centre back for the future is probably more needed than a centre midfielder. Cant win them all though

Juan, I think we pretty much forced Fergie's hand regarding Jones.  My understanding was that the scum would have made a bid next summer but due to Liverpools swiftness in capturing Henderson from under their noses, Fergie was obviously worried that Jones would end up at Anfield.  No major loss imho opinion, I'm sure LFC have a number of targets for each position.

In Dalglish we Trust!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »
In defence we're being linked with Scott Dann for central defence and Gael Clichy for left back...Clichy for 5 mil would be an absolute steal and can't quite understand how clichy is rated at 5 mil and Dann who got relegated with Birmingham can be valued at 10m. Would be good acquisitions though as they are experienced premier players...

As for other english players? Where would Charlie adam play?
IF we get CLichy then that might end any interest in warnock...
And as for Downing and Young then sure....for the right price...never been really convinced by both tbh...but as a preference would prefer downing...but it seems we might have signed mata so that's the left wing sorted...
Conor Wickham would be one for the future...

As kopite mentioned Mata being a signing when the international market opens on July 1st...
then we've also been linked with jeffren who's a young striker at barca who can't dislodge messi, villa and pedro (who could?)... might be a loan deal though...

And the long shots? Hazard, alexis sanchez becomes more and more distant and it seems he's signed for barca...

could see gerrard being played on the right wing now...with kuyt foraging upfront...

Clichy, Mata, Hazard and Sanchez and i'll be in dreamland... 8)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
Steven Gerrard proclaims: "Let's hope he (Jordan Henderson) is the next Steven Gerrard.  That's what good football clubs do - they replace their best players.  Liverpool needs a new Steven Gerrard and it will need a new Jamie Carragher."
_______________________________________ ___

for goodness sake lad, have a listen to yourself.

Liverpool FC was always built around humility.  How you ever got to be our friggen captain, I will never know.

I hope the new lad Henderson's feet are kept on the ground.

Lads like Gerrard and Torres are examples of lads who got way ahead of themselves.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
In defence we're being linked with Scott Dann for central defence and Gael Clichy for left back...Clichy for 5 mil would be an absolute steal and can't quite understand how clichy is rated at 5 mil and Dann who got relegated with Birmingham can be valued at 10m. Would be good acquisitions though as they are experienced premier players...

As for other english players? Where would Charlie adam play?
IF we get CLichy then that might end any interest in warnock...
And as for Downing and Young then sure....for the right price...never been really convinced by both tbh...but as a preference would prefer downing...but it seems we might have signed mata so that's the left wing sorted...
Conor Wickham would be one for the future...

As kopite mentioned Mata being a signing when the international market opens on July 1st...
then we've also been linked with jeffren who's a young striker at barca who can't dislodge messi, villa and pedro (who could?)... might be a loan deal though...

And the long shots? Hazard, alexis sanchez becomes more and more distant and it seems he's signed for barca...

could see gerrard being played on the right wing now...with kuyt foraging upfront...

Clichy, Mata, Hazard and Sanchez and i'll be in dreamland... 8)

Clichy is entering the final year of his contract and has refused a new one. I'm not sure what Dann's contract situation is, though he probably has longer than just a year left which would explain the differences in 'valuation'. Also, we have to remember the prices we are reading are just the media's take on things. The relevant chairmen/chief executives/owner(s) may see things 'slightly differently'.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »
Steven Gerrard proclaims: "Let's hope he (Jordan Henderson) is the next Steven Gerrard.  That's what good football clubs do - they replace their best players.  Liverpool needs a new Steven Gerrard and it will need a new Jamie Carragher."
_______________________________________ ___

for goodness sake lad, have a listen to yourself.

Liverpool FC was always built around humility.  How you ever got to be our friggen captain, I will never know.

I hope the new lad Henderson's feet are kept on the ground.

Lads like Gerrard and Torres are examples of lads who got way ahead of themselves.

Agreed Dude, it was cringeworthy to say the least. We want Henderson to develop into the next Jordan Henderson and have the same impact as the likes of Gerrard, Souness, Callaghan etc and help the 'team' to success.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
Agreed Dude, it was cringeworthy to say the least. We want Henderson to develop into the next Jordan Henderson and have the same impact as the likes of Gerrard, Souness, Callaghan etc and help the 'team' to success.

exactly.

team comes first.

And I don't even agree with his sentiment.   As much as I like Jamie Carragher, I don't want another one.  I want a moderately fast centreback......someone who has time on the ball........someone who can dribble out of defence....someone who is not always having to make last ditch saving tackles....someone who doesn't have to hoof it forward.....someone who can get forward for corners and set-pieces and score occasionally.  So no, I actually do not want another Carra.

And as for Big Head Me Me Me Gerrard - I predicted years ago, that we would only start to win league titles again, when he was gone (or playing a minor role).  He is Liverpool's Bryan Robson.

I enjoyed the football we played in the final months of the season (i.e. with no Gerrard in the team).  We actually looked like a tight team.

*battens down hatches*
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »

And as for Big Head Me Me Me Gerrard - I predicted years ago, that we would only start to win league titles again, when he was gone (or playing a minor role).  He is Liverpool's Bryan Robson.

I enjoyed the football we played in the final months of the season (i.e. with no Gerrard in the team).  We actually looked like a tight team.

*battens down hatches*

[/quote]

Blasphemy, Sirrah! If i wasn't orf chasing down the lastest spanish harlot i'd damn well seek ye out and demand a duel.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
exactly.

team comes first.

And I don't even agree with his sentiment.   As much as I like Jamie Carragher, I don't want another one.  I want a moderately fast centreback......someone who has time on the ball........someone who can dribble out of defence....someone who is not always having to make last ditch saving tackles....someone who doesn't have to hoof it forward.....someone who can get forward for corners and set-pieces and score occasionally.  So no, I actually do not want another Carra.

True...would be nice to get a cultured pacy player...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »
Blasphemy, Sirrah! If i wasn't orf chasing down the lastest spanish harlot i'd damn well seek ye out and demand a duel.

fist-fights at dawn it is (or whenever you get home from chasing senorettas and I sober up - possibly early afternoon)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »
True...would be nice to get a cultured pacy player...

excatly.

someone comfortable on the ball.

someone who has some pace, can dribble, can score the occasional goal.

thoiugh he was slow, I still miss Big Sami.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »

fist-fights at dawn it is (or whenever you get home from chasing senorettas and I sober up - possibly early afternoon)

Duels sirrah, are invariably best fought when blind drunk, always prefer pistols meself dontcha know, and at sunset when you can see bugger all, being thin and concealed in darkness tends to add to my win ratio...

As regard to that blighter Gerrard i have had second thoughts and to be perfectly honest i would concur on your appraisal that our team of heroes did in fact benefit from his absense...
his legs have gone see? gone and heading for the knackers yard...the gerrard of 2 years ago when he and alonso controlled midfield and tore through many a damn foreigner are but a distant memory...

i would even go so far as to suggest that next season he might find himself pushed out to the right wing and have to be bloody well happy about it, what with merieles, mata, henderson, etc filling his place...

so perhaps now that i have concurred with what you say, we can forget all this talk of duels and the like and have a drink as gentlemen...what say you?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »

I misread that as 'duet' initially. I thought you were offering Dude a threesome with the Spanish harlot or is that in Spanish Harlem?

Damn, I'm confuddle.  :D

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
Sky sports are reporting that liverpool will hold talks with adam this week. Good news although i am more than a little perplexed with the number of central midfield players we will have in the team. After the phil jones episode id expect fergie to register his interest soon.

One worrying aspect sky report in relation to what they call the uncertain future for meireles if adam is purchased. Surely he was one of the major positives of last season and can only go from strength to strength next term.