October 21, 2019, 08:59:34 PM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 107763 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2011, 06:31:37 PM »
I refuse to get dragged in to another Gerrard argument. My feelings on the man thats made us overachieve with a squad that has lacked quality over the years, is well known.  :o :o :o

I'm convinced Henderson will play on the right for a few seasons then more centrally as he developes. For the England u21's last night he was pretty poor in the middle. Most of his best bits for sunderland came when he was down the right creating and crossing. I honestly think he was bought because Kenny knew we were going to miss out on Young.

Aquilani will be sold whether its 10 million or 5 million. Poulson will be gone and kenny can even have my number to  do the taxi service myself for him to the airport.

So that leaves Meireles, Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey, and possibly Adam.

All the signs are that we'll continue with 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 , however you look at it.

Shelvey will continue his developement from the bench.

So the 3 central roles will be between Meireles, Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing and Adam. But theres the option of sticking Meireles or Gerrard on the right or left aswell if we get injuies.

We've lacked depth and security in the middle for a couple of seasons now. I think next season it'll be a lot better

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
P.S Great to see Kenny making the mancs pay 4 million quid more for Jones. I would have liked to have signed him but Kenny must have riled up whiskey nose with the antics over the weekend. Just Brilliant :P :P :P. Makes me smile everytime i think about it.

And watched Mata last night in the u21's game. I actually think i'd prefer Downing. More direct and a better crosser for Carrol, although Mata is a veryskillful player

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »
Meireles is being linked with a move to Inter. If that goes through we ought to look at Xavi Martinez of Athletic Bilbao or Moussa Sissoko of Toulouse.

Kopite, it's interesting that you see Henderson playing in a wide position initially. I see it the same way especially as we're still very strongly linked with Adam.

It's a shame about Phil Jones, especially as it means Taggart now has the U-21 pairing and arguably the two up and coming English centre halves. It's hard to think of any other English centre halves of the same calibre (at least who have regularly played in that position).
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Meireles will be here next season. I wouldnt be too worried about that. We no longer have to sell to buy. He's still got a lot to offer us and Kennys not going to get rid of a player that will probably be even better next season. Cole and Maxi will go before Raul does

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Your probably right about raul kopite, he was one player that consistently performed for kenny so its probably journalists being creative with their unsettled stories.

As for gerrard i respect what hes done for the club and seeing as this will be the first season without any negativity hanging over us maybe its time people give the guy a break as well as the benefit of doubt as to what drives him on.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »
If there's one man in the world who'll get the best out of Stevie its the King. Stevie idolises him and i can see him running through a few brick walls for him next year

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2011, 07:00:09 PM »
I wonder what Robert Paisley would have made of Captain Marvel.

I recall him subbing Craig Johnston, because the lad was disrupting our team play (by running all over the show).
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »

Duels sirrah, are invariably best fought when blind drunk, always prefer pistols meself dontcha know, and at sunset when you can see bugger all, being thin and concealed in darkness tends to add to my win ratio...

As regard to that blighter Gerrard i have had second thoughts and to be perfectly honest i would concur on your appraisal that our team of heroes did in fact benefit from his absense...
his legs have gone see? gone and heading for the knackers yard...the gerrard of 2 years ago when he and alonso controlled midfield and tore through many a damn foreigner are but a distant memory...

i would even go so far as to suggest that next season he might find himself pushed out to the right wing and have to be bloody well happy about it, what with merieles, mata, henderson, etc filling his place...

so perhaps now that i have concurred with what you say, we can forget all this talk of duels and the like and have a drink as gentlemen...what say you?

sir, I agree wholeheartedly.  Push the blighter out to the right wing.  He does most damage there to opposing legions.  Out wide, will also mean less injuries of other reds personnel when his massive ego has to get past.

the new season cometh quickly.  Let all men know their station.  And let all take up sword and shield, lest the Manure goeth even further ahead in olde english titles.  Let none be found wanting.

and as for duels, you are most correct, sir.  Let us not draw pistols at dawn.  Let us wet our whistles, with a brew of the finest old english lagers. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
I wonder what Robert Paisley would have made of Captain Marvel.

I recall him subbing Craig Johnston, because the lad was disrupting our team play (by running all over the show).

I don't understand attacking one of our players. Especially the captain and when all fans are optimistic, excited and looking forward

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »
Welcome to Ye Olde Anfield Road. com

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
M'Vila committed to Rennes

By Phil Seery.   Last Updated: June 14, 2011 5:08pm

French international Yann M'Vila has committed his future to Rennes, ending speculation of a big-money move to England or Spain.

The 20-year-old has been in fine form for the Ligue 1 outfit since signing for the club in 2009 and even forced his way into the French international set-up at the start of last season.

Real Madrid and Liverpool have been linked with a big-money summer move for M'Vila, who now has 10 international caps, despite the midfielder signing a contract extension until 2015 last month.

However, M'Vila has quashed any transfer rumours as he believes he is better off continuing his development in France as that gives him the best chance of playing at next year's European Championship.

"I want to play in the European Championship and I think the best thing is to continue at Rennes," M'Vila told Marca.

"At my age a lot of players would have gone [abroad] to earn more money but I want to continue my development with a coach that knows me well."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6989648,00.html

This is actually very good news for us, as we won't be losing out this Summer to a team that can offer CL football, and therefore if he does decide to move next Summer, hopefully we'll be in a position to offer that that we can't this Summer.

Also it seems to indicate a certain amount of loyalty and he's not off chasing the cash, instead he's more concerned with his development as a footballer. Both are qualities we should be looking at in players.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »
I don't understand attacking one of our players. Especially the captain and when all fans are optimistic, excited and looking forward

agreed, let all our lads get behind the TEAM (and not themselves).

Let's hope this new poster, that signed up today, is the next Dude Abides.  That's what good football forums do - they replace their best posters.  Anfield Road needs a new Dude Abides and it will need a new Tes too.

how does that sound to you?  On the scale of cringeworthyness, is must be a nine or ten?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »
Welcome to Ye Olde Anfield Road. com

cometh one, cometh all.

all the finest ale ye can drink.

and in the happy hour, the dude abides will recall tales of how he fought all the king's men, and cheated the hangman more than once.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »

Let's hope this new poster, that signed up today, is the next Dude Abides.  That's what good football forums do - they replace their best posters.  Anfield Road needs a new Dude Abides

Completely agree with that

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
Completely agree with that

see, there's the difference in you and me.

you hero-worship me, and yet I don't want to be hero-worshipped. 

Instead, I just want to be part of a great forum....one of a team of posters, that make up a great forum.