October 14, 2019, 01:57:57 PM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 104133 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »
Liverpool FC's Daniel Ayala off to Hull City

by James Pearce  Aug 6 2011

DANIEL AYALA is set to join Hull City after Liverpool agree a fee with the Championship outfit.

The 20-year-old Spanish defender has been given permission to discuss personal terms with the Tigers.

Ayala signed for the Reds from Sevilla in 2007 but has made just five first team appearances.

He impressed during a spell on loan at Hull last term and Tigers boss Nigel Pearson has made no secret of his desire to take Ayala back to the KC Stadium.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/06/liverpool-fc-s-daniel-ayala-off-to-hull-city-100252-29191276/

I hope we've inserted a buy back clause or at least a sell-on clause incase he comes good in the Championship.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
Werder Bremen defender Per Mertesacker has admitted he fancies a move to England. The German international has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool this summer.

"For a national player it is a good thing to get experience of playing abroad. I have said England excites me," Mertesacker said in the Bild newspaper.

No idea if he's any good...but hopefully he's like beckenbauer!!! Combined with Agger that'd be very fancy!

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
Oliver Holt is claiming on twitter that Liverpool have made the first moves towards the signing of Scott Dann. No bids yet but its now a work in progress.

Im a bit sceptical about Dann. Havent seen alot of him but he doesnt strike me as a commanding presence that we need. Also he seems to have had problems with calf strains, hamstring strains etc. We dont need another Agger in terms of injury proneness. As I say though haven seen alot of him so not too sure how good he actually is. Obviously KD must rate him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Oliver Holt is claiming on twitter that Liverpool have made the first moves towards the signing of Scott Dann. No bids yet but its now a work in progress.

Im a bit sceptical about Dann. Havent seen alot of him but he doesnt strike me as a commanding presence that we need. Also he seems to have had problems with calf strains, hamstring strains etc. We dont need another Agger in terms of injury proneness. As I say though haven seen alot of him so not too sure how good he actually is. Obviously KD must rate him.

Ditto, Juan. I hope that the fact he's a Scouser and ex match going regular isn't having any influence on this decision. Obviously it would be brilliant to have another Scouser in the team. Maybe he's a late developer, which can definately happen, especially with centre halves.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2011, 11:09:59 PM »
Dunno about you guy's but I think we made a huge error by signing Henderson first.  I have no doubt in my mind that Fergie wanted Jones but not this season but the next.  As soon as he got wind that LFC we're making an offer he moved fast to capture him.  The speed and swiftness in how we concluded the Henderson deal surely must of had Fergie scared $h1tless.  I personally feel we should have gone for Jones first, a CB should have been the number 1 priority.  Having watched Jones in the Charity Shield I couldn't help myself thinking only if..........

Scott Dan? Gary Cahill?  Who knows?  But neither will be as good Jones imho :(
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Gurdeep, Ferdinand and Videc will be first choice with Jones filling in as required. Funny though. His first choice defenders conceded twice but his second choice kept a clean sheet.

Time will tell as to how wise the Henderson purchase was. He'll probably get his chance in League Cup games.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »
Dunno about you guy's but I think we made a huge error by signing Henderson first.  I have no doubt in my mind that Fergie wanted Jones but not this season but the next.  As soon as he got wind that LFC we're making an offer he moved fast to capture him.  The speed and swiftness in how we concluded the Henderson deal surely must of had Fergie scared $h1tless.  I personally feel we should have gone for Jones first, a CB should have been the number 1 priority.  Having watched Jones in the Charity Shield I couldn't help myself thinking only if..........

Scott Dan? Gary Cahill?  Who knows?  But neither will be as good Jones imho :(

I guess they had their reasons but it would have been more comforting to have got the defence sorted first. Our need for someone like Henderson was less than our need for someone like Jones. Likewise leftback.
Hopefully we'll defend better by keeping hold of possession, something Henderson should help us do from what I've read about him.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »
Valid point about the potential benefits of signing Jones first. Kennys transfer plan seemed to backfire in the sense that once United could see what we were up to not only did they sign Jones they made sure they got Young too.

I suppose on the other hand there was always a chance Jones would have still rejected us and that might of swayed Henderson toward signing for United too.

While Jones is a big miss surely there is one Jones playing in every major league, its just up to the scouting department and Comolli to weed them out. I think we need someone of the Vidic stature.

Anyway if we are intent on signing Scott Dann we are going to have to make our move, Arsenal have begun talks.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »
Also it seems the breaking news is that we have agreed a 6 million fee with Newcastle for Enrique. He will now travel to us for a medical. Considering earlier in the summer Newcastle were quoting 10-15 million 6 million seems like a good deal. Now for a centre back.........

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
Very happy with the Enrique signing.  Seen quotes of £5.5M which if true, will be the bargain buy of the summer imo.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
Also it seems the breaking news is that we have agreed a 6 million fee with Newcastle for Enrique. He will now travel to us for a medical. Considering earlier in the summer Newcastle were quoting 10-15 million 6 million seems like a good deal. Now for a centre back.........

£5.5M according to the Echo: http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2011/08/11/jose-enrique-set-for-liverpool-fc-move-after-fee-agreed-92534-29220528/

Either way it's an excellent piece of business. We should have a really good supply from the left flank. It's been a long time since we had so much creativity on that flank. Gleen Johnson could have a real battle to get a starting position at either full back slot but it would be good to see what he could do further forward on the right.

With a new centre half we could rest Carra enough so that he could play in the League Cup this season. I'd like to see him play all League Cup games with Danny Wilson next to him so he could mentor him like David Weir did at Rangers. If we can also save Aurelio for the League Cup, then Wilson would be flanked by two vastly experienced players. Carra would be making a huge contribution to the future of the club if he can help develop Wilson and he could be made captain for the competition. Also with Aurelio in the team it would help Doni and if Flannagan gets the nod at right back, we'd have the perfect blend of youth and experience without weakening the defence too much like we've done in recent seasons in this competition.
As we're the most successful team in the history of this competition it would be nice to further our record this season. We need to start winning trophies again.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Sky Sports reckon we'll lose out to Arsenal over Scott Dann but I reckon if we make an approach he would choose us over them. He was born in Liverpool after all and was a season ticket holder.

I don't know if you're allowed to approach someone once another club is 'talking' to them but I don't see why not. If we don't get him then realistically who is left? Per Mertesacker has been linked and seems pretty good. He's 26 too.

Who would be the better choice? Once the CB position is filled that's all the boxes ticked I think.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
Valid point about the potential benefits of signing Jones first. Kennys transfer plan seemed to backfire in the sense that once United could see what we were up to not only did they sign Jones they made sure they got Young too.

I suppose on the other hand there was always a chance Jones would have still rejected us and that might of swayed Henderson toward signing for United too.

While Jones is a big miss surely there is one Jones playing in every major league, its just up to the scouting department and Comolli to weed them out. I think we need someone of the Vidic stature.

Anyway if we are intent on signing Scott Dann we are going to have to make our move, Arsenal have begun talks.

Unfortunately with both players there was always a better than evens chance that both would choose the Mancs over us. They can offer CL football and realistically are a better bet to challenge for and even win the title. Additionally, despite our high wage bill, they could offer even more than us should they choose to do so.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2011, 12:02:43 AM »
Trotters in bid for Ngog

August 11, 2011 8:55pm

Skysports.com understands Bolton Wanderers have made a bid to sign Liverpool striker David Ngog.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is in the market for attacking additions after Daniel Sturridge returned to Chelsea after an impressive loan spell and Johan Elmander joined Galatasaray.

Turkish forward Tuncay is close to finalising a loan move to the Reebok Stadium and Coyle is now stepping up his interest in Ngog.

The 22-year-old has scored 19 goals in 94 appearances for Liverpool since he moved to Anfield from Paris St Germain three years ago.

He was linked with a move to Sunderland earlier in the summer as part of the deal which saw England midfielder Jordan Henderson join Liverpool.

However, he could now be offered the opportunity to link up with Bolton after the club made a bid in the region of £4million for the Frenchman.

Coyle has also been linked with Birmingham City's Cameron Jerome as he tries to improve his options up front before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11672_7094128,00.html

If the £4M fee is true then let's get the deal done. That gives us a near 300% profit and another inflated salary off the payroll. Let's just make sure we insert a sell-on clause so that if he does come good and a more wealthy mid-table team come in for him, we get a slice of that pie also.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »
So Enrique signs on. I cant see him playing tomorrow but we are slowly but surely assembling a quality squad.

Tes you point out Ngog is on his way out. Well if the Liverpool echo is to be believed we have no interest in signing Scot Dann. And with the way Liverpool have been deliberately slow in their attempts to sign certain players in the hope to get them cheaper, i.e Suarez, Adam, Enrique maybe they are doing the same with the likes of Cahill. Bolton wont want to lose him on the free next year. So what are the chance we sign Cahill slightly below market value also with Ngog going the other way. IMO if Arsenal are signing Dann chances we are after Cahill are probably rising. Although Id have my reservations on Cahill if he were to sign we would have the makings of a very strong and very British side.