October 16, 2019, 04:15:15 AM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 104476 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2011, 05:33:07 PM »
Inter have bid for Kuyt.

Super player great experience but if the price is right would it be good business to sell and reinvest the money in someone younger?

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
Inter have bid for Kuyt.

Super player great experience but if the price is right would it be good business to sell and reinvest the money in someone younger?

Don't agree Juan. With all our new midfielders we need Dirk's experience until they bed in.  I'm not sure he would want to go anyway. He's been one of our most consistent performers over the years and has fantastic energy levels.

We also need him as a spare striker. With Ngog probably leaving that only leaves Carroll and Suarez as recognised strikers. Injuries or suspensions to those two could leave us in the do-do without Dirk.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »
Im not saying let him go ASI but more exploring the idea.

I agree hes been one of our top players. But one thing about being a top manager is knowing when the time is right to let a player go. Fergies done it, so has Wenger. Is this one of Kennys first big tests?

On another note Krgiakos signed for Bremen. We must have another centre back en route.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2011, 06:49:57 PM »
Juan,

We offered him a contract extension in the wake of last season's 2nd half performances. Reading the story on Sky Sports it seems his agent is the one making the suggestion. I take your point about when to release players but he's too versatile and intelligent a player for us to lose this season.

Good news that Soto has gone. A reasonable performer for free but we need better quality. I suspect having released him and El Zhar and with Poulsen, Cole and Aquilani looking for new clubs the way does look clear for a new CB and maybe striker.

Ngog to Bolton and Cahill in return is my guess.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:01 PM »
Inter have bid for Kuyt.

This is false.  This is a story from last year when Benitiz was in charge @ Inter.  It's been released again but there is absolutely no truth in it whatsoever. 

Move on, nothing to see here..lol
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 22, 2011, 11:52:34 PM »
Seems we are now being linked with sebastian coates and craig bellamy. Not sure bellamy would be the best influence for carroll

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:23 AM »
On another note Krgiakos signed for Bremen. We must have another centre back en route.

Soto's signed for Wolfsburg, Juan. Shame they couldn't take Degen and Poulsen back to the Bundesliga also.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »
IF Kuyt was to go for a reasonable sum and it meant we could bring Adam Johnson in to replace him it wouldn't be the end of the world. The only negative aspect would us being a striker light and then finding a replacement could prove tough.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2011, 06:56:04 AM »
Can't see Kuyt wanting to go tbh....but after Torres then nothing can be taken for granted...Inter are being linked with nearly every player in christendom lately (in spain it's all about kaka inter bound) so i take it with a pinch of salt...
i see we're linked with bellamy and sebastian coates...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028992/Liverpool-interested-signing-striker-Craig-Bellamy.html

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
Dirk is an inspiration.

He is always my first man on the team-sheet (him and Reina).

Do not believe the media.  The stray dogs will hunt in the sewers, in order to try and sow seeds of unrest at Liverpool. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
If reports are correct, LFC have signed Sebastian Coates from Nacional.  Time for YouTube me thinks!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
If reports are correct, LFC have signed Sebastian Coates from Nacional.  Time for YouTube me thinks!

Sorry, correction.  We've made a formal bid to Nacional.  Sheikh City plus another club are monitoring.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.528731,-0.578937

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
Sorry, correction.  We've made a formal bid to Nacional.  Sheikh City plus another club are monitoring.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.528731,-0.578937

Apparently Mancini's been told that Nasri will be the last player in (if the deal goes through) unless he swifts his expensively assembled dead forest.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
wow, gurdeep, you are near david brent country (slough).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 23, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
Apologies Tes meant Wolfsburg.

Poor Mancini, cant believe the Sheik wont let him go for anyone after Nasri. Cant see why Coates would sign for Citty over us anyway, well aside from £££. He probably wouldnt get a game and we have Suarez already there if he needs any convincing.

City will surely have so many players outside of the 25 man squad rule who wont be able to play. And 14 of them wont be happy because they cant get a game. Its a nice luxury to have but wont be a nice club to be at if the results dont always go their way.