October 17, 2019, 03:55:06 AM

Author Topic: Potential Summer Transfers in and out  (Read 105129 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #390 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
Exactly Juan, it's become a circus. They've already got Kompany, who was arguably their player of the season, Toure when his mess is sorted out, Lescott (another massively expensive signing), Micah Richards and Stefan Savic, who they signed earlier in the Summer.

There's a large pool of players there not even named in their 25 man squad, being paid huge sums in order to simply train, with no chance of any match time.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:55 AM »
I have felt for some time, that what the second tier clubs (the likes of Villa, Spurs, Everton, etc) and below, should be doing, is to deliberately pursue an economic/financial war with the big spending top tier clubs.

the likes of man city, chelsea and united (liverpool too), will have all their players on top paying contracts.

well, these big clubs always need to get rid of some of their players each year (in order to get new lads in).....and if other clubs refused to take these players off the big clubs hands....then the top clubs would be totally snookered, financially.

instead, spurs, villa, everton etc should instead be buying cheaply abroad.  And in doing so, they would curtail the spending habits of the top tier clubs. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
wow, gurdeep, you are near david brent country (slough).

Not near me dear but live in David Brent country  ;D ;D ;D

Come to think of it, I've no idea how that map link came up.  Must be a new Tapatalk feature  ::)
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
Nacional board have approved the sale of Coates to LFC.  They had been waiting for a bid from Sheikh City to create a bidding war but that did not materialise.  Plus the player indicated that he preferred LFC due to Suarez.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
Not near me dear but live in David Brent country  ;D ;D ;D

Come to think of it, I've no idea how that map link came up.  Must be a new Tapatalk feature  ::)

I had to google to find out what tapatalk is (I am an old foggie when it comes to this new fangled mobile technology stuff).

loved that slough based Office series.  So close to reality in a lot of office environments. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
Nacional board have approved the sale of Coates to LFC.  They had been waiting for a bid from Sheikh City to create a bidding war but that did not materialise.  Plus the player indicated that he preferred LFC due to Suarez.

good name as a source for future humour.

Taxi for coates.

I'll get me coat.

Coates off.

Coates for posts.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
I have felt for some time, that what the second tier clubs (the likes of Villa, Spurs, Everton, etc) and below, should be doing, is to deliberately pursue an economic/financial war with the big spending top tier clubs.

the likes of man city, chelsea and united (liverpool too), will have all their players on top paying contracts.

well, these big clubs always need to get rid of some of their players each year (in order to get new lads in).....and if other clubs refused to take these players off the big clubs hands....then the top clubs would be totally snookered, financially.

instead, spurs, villa, everton etc should instead be buying cheaply abroad.  And in doing so, they would curtail the spending habits of the top tier clubs.

In theory doesnt sound like a bad idea Dude but couldnt see it working. Especially with the foreigner rules now and all that. Villa Everton etc feed off the scraps and players looking for a stepping stone to major clubs.

Smaller clubs do often benefit from richer clubs indulgences too. 10 years ago loaning a player like Adeybeyor who cost 25 million to another club who finished just 2 spots below them would have been unheard of. Now its run of the mill stuff.

Heck im surprised a smaller team didnt try to pick up Aquillani on the cheap, even someone like Stoke who have done tremendous work. Hes work a punt for the 5 or 6 million we seemingly want. His wages probably would have been the problem and it would have been doubtful whether he would have gone there but who knows. Could have added some finesse to the team.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:31:44 PM by Juan »

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
Seems like the Bellamy link is real. Doesnt fit in with our current player profile but maybe its just a one off.

The BBC are reporting that we will take him from City if we can get him for free. Hes definitely a risk. He could upset the apple cart off the field. Also not sure City would be willing to give us anyone for free.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
aye, Craig apparently is looking for a club.

John Arne knows all too well when that happened last time.

I'll get me coates.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »
Bellamy on a free makes no sense. His knees are shot to pieces and I can't see him agreeing to a 'pay as you play' contract at 32, and if we do stump up £95k a week, his current City wages, that would be sheer madness.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »
Aquilani's gone on loan to Milan. Apparently there's a mandatory purchase clause in his contract once he plays a set number of matches for them.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »
they have 25 games, before they have to buy him.

so essentially, he is on a 24 game trial at AC Milan.

And EVEN THEN, if they should lower themselves enough to buy him, it will cost them a mere 7 million quid. 

Peanuts, bluddy peanuts. 

Why can't we buy players under such conditions. 

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Potential Summer Transfers in and out
« Reply #402 on: August 27, 2011, 06:16:04 AM »
I'm actually quite gutted that he's gone back to Italy.  This guy was head n shoulders above the rest during pre-season.  A shame he and his family couldn't settle down here.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 27, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
I'm actually quite gutted that he's gone back to Italy.  This guy was head n shoulders above the rest during pre-season.  A shame he and his family couldn't settle down here.

On seeing him for 10 minutes against Valerenga I thought theres no way Kenny can sell.

A week later seeing him start against Valencia I was full of hope he would replicate his previous performance but I thought he ended up being poor enough.

I think it will be a case of we will never know if he could have made it. With all the players we have for his position I suppose Kenny couldnt have him hanging around to find out if he might succeed.

Still a pity to see him go.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
Bellamy on a free makes no sense. His knees are shot to pieces and I can't see him agreeing to a 'pay as you play' contract at 32, and if we do stump up £95k a week, his current City wages, that would be sheer madness.

What I dont understand is if we are willing to pay Bellamy those kind of wages why not just sign Forlan instead. I know he is seen as a flop from his United days but that was a different player.

Great attitude, great player and it would probably help get the best out of Suarez and Coates.

A free bellamy or 5 million quoted for Forlan. No brainer imo.  Forlan is guaranteed to add to team morale. Same cant be said for Bellamy.