May 24, 2019, 05:03:55 PM

Author Topic: Predict scores for the rest of the season  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Predict scores for the rest of the season
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
I've entered my predictions on the BBC Premier League Predictor for the games involving ourselves, Manure, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City.

Once the updated league table scrolled off the screen I didn't revisit it until I had finished.

According to my predictions we will finish 4th ahead of Spurs and Chelsea who finish 5th and 6th.

Manure (80pts) win the title by 10 pts from Arsenal with Man City in 3rd on 68pts. Same as us and Spurs. We have a GD of 14 over Spurs 13. I didn't cheat to make these up.

Here's how I predicted our remaining games:-

West Ham (A) 1-2 W
Manure (H) 1-0 W
Sunderland (A) 1-2 W
WBA (A) 0-1 W
Man City (H) 1-0 W
Arsenal (A) 1-1 D
Birmingham (H) 2-0 W
Newcastle (H) 2-0 W
Fulham (A) 1-2 W
Spurs (H) 2-1 W
Aston Villa (A) 1-1 D

Now I realise that expecting us to win 9 of our 11 games and not lose any is a tall order but with Suarez looking good and Carroll back in a week or so it's possible. Hopefully no injuries and some luck will be enough.

And after tonight's result at Blackpool who would be a football pundit!!  :D

Feel free to join in!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
I'll have a glass of what you've been drinking tonight please ASI!! Sounds like good stuff. I can see us playing some good football until the end of the season but not going unbeaten. There will be a few away days at least where we're not at the races.But it certainly is a nice thought

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:07 PM »
You should play super six on soccer saturday. Predict the six scores right and win £100,000. It doesn't cost anything to play online either

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Predict scores for the rest of the season
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:36:39 AM »
Sunderland (a) and Birmingham (h) I can see ending as rather frustrating draws. It's known as the 'Bruce effect'.

We need Spurs and Chelsea to go as far in the CL as possible as they will be using their better players. We can probably get away with a few squadies until the Semis depending on a favourable draw.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:38:01 AM »
As my name is Albert Ross I'd rather not predict for fear of what it does to our season (for obvious reasons).

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
I'll have a glass of what you've been drinking tonight please ASI!! Sounds like good stuff. I can see us playing some good football until the end of the season but not going unbeaten. There will be a few away days at least where we're not at the races.But it certainly is a nice thought
Sadly Kopite neither can I see us gonf undefeated but looking at the games in isolation each one seems winnable. After Chelsea my hopes leapt.

Then again, the games I had our rivals winning may not come about so you just never know. Where there's hope...
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 05:34:15 PM »
It's nice to hear fans positive to be honest. Not long ago when I was asking what the score for the next game would be there was a lot of negative responses especially for away games. But nowadays we're not necessarily expecting to win them all but we know we'll give everyone a good game and not be a pushover

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
You should play super six on soccer saturday. Predict the six scores right and win £100,000. It doesn't cost anything to play online either

I'm pretty rubbish at predicting football scores to be honest Kopite. I've seen the programme but have never felt inclined. I was always rubbish at the pools too! A couple of wins in years of playing them.
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
It's nice to hear fans positive to be honest. Not long ago when I was asking what the score for the next game would be there was a lot of negative responses especially for away games. But nowadays we're not necessarily expecting to win them all but we know we'll give everyone a good game and not be a pushover
I'm happier with the club's situation now than I've been since 2007. Good owners, good manager, financially solvent club, some decent players, and a fan base second to none. The last one has always been there of course.

There'll be some minor setbacks in the games to come and we may not get 4th but Euro football seems certain for next season. And if we do lose Pepe he'll be the last of the Spanish imports. Since they won Euro 2008 and the World Cup their expectations have gone through the roof so you can't blame them for wanting honours at club level.

But I think he'll stay.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
We all hope pepe stays but I'm not sure if he knows what he wants to do yet. If we miss out on 4th this year but he see's us progressing and getting in top quality players I think he'll stay. After all the shelf life of a keeper is longer so he's got plenty of time ahead of him yet

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:30 PM »
He may get regular CL football (at least for the next season or two) by going to any of the top four but I don't see him having any chance of winning it with any of them. Arsenal look the best bet long term to be perennial qualifiers.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »
ASI after yesterdays result hopefully your predictions arent actually the reverse of the results we will achieve for the remainder of the season  :o. You could have some fans chanting for the board to bring back Roy

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
Manure (H) 3-1 W
Sunderland (A) 2-0 L
WBA (A) 1-1 D
Man City (H) 1-1 D
Arsenal (A) 3-1 L
Birmingham (H) 2-2 D
Newcastle (H) 2-0 W
Fulham (A) 1-0 L
Spurs (H) 2-2 D
Aston Villa (A) 1-1 D

That'll see us total a mighty 50 points. Enough for 8th I'd say.

The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
ASI after yesterdays result hopefully your predictions arent actually the reverse of the results we will achieve for the remainder of the season  :o. You could have some fans chanting for the board to bring back Roy
I feel like I've jinxed the team with my predictions. Hopefully it was a one-off with a tiring Thursday night game being the catalyst. I saw little evidence of the pass and move football of earlier weeks.

As for you last comment... never ever!  :o
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »
I think we'll win half of the games left if the whole squad is fit. But in amongst that will be similar disappointment to yesterday