November 18, 2019, 09:34:47 PM

Author Topic: Deadline for stadium money nearing  (Read 11105 times)

Texas_Dawg

Re: Deadline for stadium money nearing
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 10:34:57 PM »
TD have you heard anything about DIC coming back with an offer a couple of weeks ago?? Do you think Hicks will get sole ownership this year??

I haven't heard that, Phil, but I also have quit bothering Tommy with the questions about all this (because the answer is always the same anyway and has been for months now).  I think it will be Hicks/Gillett for the foreseeable future though. 

Texas_Dawg

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
My real concern is that a situation develops where Hicks is faced with a choice between making money and harming LFC, or walking away having not made money and leaving LFC in a stable condition. I don't think it would take Hicks longer than the blink of an eye to make that decision...

Well... as I've said from the first day I started posting here (or the older site I guess)... Hicks isn't primarily in this to make money.  His primary interest is to own a great club and win with it... because he enjoys sports, owning sports clubs/teams, and winning.  That's not to say finances are of no import... just that they are secondary (up until a point anyway... but it would take a pretty substantial decline in the value or cash flows of LFC for that point to arrive). 

skippy

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »
Well... as I've said from the first day I started posting here (or the older site I guess)... Hicks isn't primarily in this to make money.  His primary interest is to own a great club and win with it... because he enjoys sports, owning sports clubs/teams, and winning.  That's not to say finances are of no import... just that they are secondary (up until a point anyway... but it would take a pretty substantial decline in the value or cash flows of LFC for that point to arrive). 

hicks has a very starnge way of showing he wants to win things. No transfer budget, having a manager that wants a player but not giving him the funds to buy that player, no stadia, lining up a replacement for the manager, lying to fans, falling out with a fellow owner. Wow thats a certain recipe for winning things kinda like the Corinthians, Rangers model.

Let me guess............its all gg's fault.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
hicks has a very starnge way of showing he wants to win things. No transfer budget, having a manager that wants a player but not giving him the funds to buy that player, no stadia, lining up a replacement for the manager, lying to fans, falling out with a fellow owner. Wow thats a certain recipe for winning things kinda like the Corinthians, Rangers model.

Let me guess............its all gg's fault.

Nicely put Skippy. To suggest that Hicks has bought Liverpool as a sporting interest first and a money making machine second is just a complete insult to the intelligence of every single Liverpool fan. Hicks and Gilette will never be welcome at liverpool, the sooner they are driven out the sooner we can start to forget the embarrassment and misery that their short lived legacy has caused. 

iskoppa

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:01 AM »
Well it looks our so called owners can not get the funds to start the ground work at Stanley Park!  Surprise, surprise NOT!!!!!  >:(

Texas_Dawg

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »
kinda like the Corinthians, Rangers model.

LOL.  Well I see you have the talking points down.

Funny... you seem to have left one off your apples and oranges comparison list though.   ::)

Ourlad

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
Dawg your full of sh*t just like our to owners. No money to start the stadium followed up with another spin about how now we can just build a 73,000 seater stadium. January will be very interesting we'll just see what the banks have to say then.

martin

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 12:50:41 AM »

LOL! C'mon Dawg, at least have the integrity to admit the truth. He's not in it primarily for the money? Bollocks.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »
I look at the positives - and this latest episode just is a further example of the deceit and spin used by the yanks (like they think the positive spin of 'we'll use the time productively to re-examine plans to increase the capacity to 73,000' is gonna wash with the fans)......and their failure to start the build is just one more nail in their demise as anfield owners.

it's all good news.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »
Dude I would like to think there are some positives in all of this but reading this mornings daily post we really look to be facing a very uncertain future.

And if the Sheiks interest in the club is waning as suggested we could really be up sh*ts creek.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/08/30/stanley-park-lease-fear-for-liverpool-fc-64375-21636849/