September 21, 2019, 10:35:07 AM

Author Topic: Albert Riera done deal  (Read 8001 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Riera done deal
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »
I am very unhappy about those players (and Barry was one of them) who's wish to come to Liverpool is simply because it allows them to play in the Champions League. I would much rather hear their reasons as "I wanted to play for a world-famous club" or even "I wanted to play for Benitez or with players such as Torres and Gerrard".

To me their reasons simply smack of selfishness and Liverpool is simply the vehicle to allow them their desire. I'm willing to bet that should we fail to qualify tonight the Riera deal will not go through.
Cheers,
Ray

iskoppa

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:36 PM »
Looks like they have worked out the details and he flying in for his medical!

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
I'm getting a bad feeling about the Riera deal. If he passed a medical last Thursday and a fee of £8M has been agreed why has the club not announced anything yet?

Is this a case of them not being prepared to release funds until Pennant is sold or a deal done? If we fail to sign a wide left player we will really struggle. Teams know how to play against our one-dimensional style.

If we fail to land Riera in time Rafa's blood will boil!  :o
Cheers,
Ray

wittsy

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
I'm getting a bad feeling about the Riera deal. If he passed a medical last Thursday and a fee of £8M has been agreed why has the club not announced anything yet?

Is this a case of them not being prepared to release funds until Pennant is sold or a deal done? If we fail to sign a wide left player we will really struggle. Teams know how to play against our one-dimensional style.

If we fail to land Riera in time Rafa's blood will boil!  :o

Have faith, lots of things happen in the last few hours of the window.

But saying that it has taken them along time considering he's been trying to sign for months.

Jas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »
But why would they delay any announcement if the price has been agreed and he's passed the medical? Personal terms? No, they're done as part of the deal aren't they?

And surely he wouldn't take a medical unless he's agreed PTs.  :(

I'm sure you're right wittsy but the delay seems strange.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
have faith, Rick is on the job as-we-speak.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
have faith, Rick is on the job as-we-speak.

;D Oh well, that's another deal b*gg*red!  :'(
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
The BBC are reporting that Steve Finnan has signed for Espanyol. Presumably part of the deal to bring Riera to Anfield.

Sorry to see him go. Quality RB who served us well. Good luck in Spain Steve!  :D
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
The Riera deal looks to be dependent on Rafa having to offload certain players so the Yanks don't have to put any of their own money in! Tight swine!  >:(

I would expect Pennant to go before they announce the Riera deal. I just see any other reason for the delay.
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
LFC have just announced the Riera deal is done!  ;D Why do they put us through all this torture? Phew!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
I told you that you could rely on Rick!  :P

Well at least we now have someone who can operate on the left.......time will tell if is any better than the ball-boy who runs that same touchline.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Ourlad

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »
The BBC are reporting that Steve Finnan has signed for Espanyol. Presumably part of the deal to bring Riera to Anfield.

Sorry to see him go. Quality RB who served us well. Good luck in Spain Steve!  :D

Sorry to see Finnan go but i'm a bit disgusted with who ever runs liverpoolfc.tv. Its being nearly 3 hours since the story broke and not a mention of it on our official website.

One of the heroes of Istanbul and a loyal servant to the club and he always gave 100%, even bloody Vorinins loan move to Berlin got a mention. It would of being nice for the club to thank him in some way for his service.

All the best Stevie good luck in Spain.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:45:48 PM by Ourlad »

RFStyles1977

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »
Excellant, we finally have that natural left winger to go into the first team. Except as we all now know and get infuriated about, Riera is most likely going to be used on the right wing from now on

wittsy

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
Its good that we got him, would still like to think we will have some fire power for the UTD game but Torres not likely to be fit by then and Gerrard still not defo (even  if they say he will be) maybe he will be much needed in what will likely be his first game.

Nothing like no pressure and an easy start  :D

Surprised Finnan has gone, thought he'd stay in the prem or even the championship.

Jas

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
Surprised Finnan has gone, thought he'd stay in the prem or even the championship.

I think I'd have chosen Spain myself, before the likes of stoke or bolton.

:D