December 12, 2017, 11:23:43 PM

Author Topic: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be buying Liverpool FC!!!!!!!  (Read 71853 times)

skippy

From earlier posts I revealed I had become privy to information I never previously had access to, I can't go into details of my source and you can choose wether to believe me or not but I have been told today that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is buying Liverpool FC. Its all very hush hush but leaks have already begun appearing hence Oliver Kays article amongst others. I have been assured this info is 100% correct and the wheels are in motion. One of the chief reasons for this change is the purchase of Man City. Arsenal will also be owned by the Arabs and I believe it will be Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's cousin although I am slightly less sure on this because my only interest is Liverpool. The rivalry stems from their rivalry in horse racing and horse ownership.
This is no rumour,its no lucky guess or me taking a punt and I stand by what I am revealing. I also said on this forum that David Ngog had signed for LFC before any media source broke the story.
Its is 100% true and only hicks and gg can prevent it. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is determined to push this through. Remember the time and date that I have posted this. It is going to happen. I am just telling you what I know and what I have been told.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:10:51 PM by skippy »

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be buying Liverpool FC!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
Skippy,

So you're saying that rather than DIC it will be a purchase by a private individual. Presumably Amanda Stavely is the front-lady for this and will be the chief negotiator with H&G with a seat on the board if she's successful.

It's certainly a buyer's market at the moment be it houses or footie clubs. Let's hope that Hicks in particular is not the stubborn mule he has shown himself to be to date. The Telegraph are reporting a potential profit of £75M for each of them and in the current climate that would represent a good piece of business for them.

Assuming this sale goes through in say the next 12 weeks would anyone care to comment on how that would leave the stadium build. I guess new architects would need to be hired and then once a design is in place a fresh submission for planning approval. I'm not trying to get too far ahead of myself here but just trying to get a handle on how it affects the stadium should the sale go through.

I'm old and wrinkled enough not to get excited about this because we've been here before with media reports of an imminent sale. That's no disrespect to you Skippy - just my opinion of newspapers - even quality ones - and what they'll do to fill the column inches.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »
deep-throat is among us!   :o ;D

the arabs are comin, the arabs are comin....we're doomed.....don't panic, don't panic.

hope your source is right, skippy.

we need major change at anfield, if we are not to be left behind.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »

he's always reminded me of terry mcdermott

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

skippy

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
I don't expect anyone to believe me as we have all been there before but I believe my source 100% and I am sharing what I have been told. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has personally taken charge and will buy Liverpool. I have to be very careful what I say and my information is linked with DIC but its is the Sheikh that wants Liverpool and as I said the wheels are now firmly in motion. It will happen. I speculated earlier that I believed the delay in the stadia is due to this deal going through and the current design will not be acceptable to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. This is a man that wants the best and wants to be the best at everything.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »

they don't make  tea towels as good as these, in north east

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 03:45:38 PM »
I have no doubt that you are sharing with us genuine information but my only concern is in relation to one thing you mention below;

Its is 100% true and only hicks and gg can prevent it

There goes the biggest obstacle of the previous takeover attempts. TOM HICKS. I know the circumstances are different this time around, and certainly the americans look to be in a far more vunerable position now but until I see some kind of report to suggest that Hicks has softened his stance with regards selling then Im afraid as far as I can see the route of all of our problems still exists.

I wish it was just a case like the Ma City takeover where by the Sheik makes an offer Hicks and Gilette accepts and everyone ends up happy but as far as I can see Hicks doesnt do happy endings, a cynical view I know but I have felt let down too many times to be foolish enough to think these two mugs will give up so easily now.

Thanks for the info Skip - I just hope the Sheik make Hicks an offer thats too good to refuse

skippy

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:52 PM »
I too am hoping my source is right and to be honest they cannot be wrong as its virtually from the horses mouth (not one of sheikh Mo's). I'm not just posting this info because I am anti yank ownership or to seek attention like other posters I am just sharing my knowledge. Only hicks and gg can prevent this happening now. The offer will be made.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »
I don't expect anyone to believe me as we have all been there before but I believe my source 100% and I am sharing what I have been told. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has personally taken charge and will buy Liverpool. I have to be very careful what I say and my information is linked with DIC but its is the Sheikh that wants Liverpool and as I said the wheels are now firmly in motion. It will happen. I speculated earlier that I believed the delay in the stadia is due to this deal going through and the current design will not be acceptable to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. This is a man that wants the best and wants to be the best at everything.

skippy, I believe you mate.

it's pretty obvious that the yanks have nowhere left to go now, re liverpool fc.  The yanks are very close to a check-mate scenario.  They have very limited decision making possibilities.  The banks essentially own our club.

and when it all happens, it will happen very quickly.

Durgs

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
I've enjoyed reading everyones thoughts on this topic and this is what everyone wanted to hear...
i hope your right in your sources Skip!
I echo ASI thoughts on this..
All in all, this is another potential bid, nothing more. Who knows what GG and TH will do if a bid is put on the table? In the "new liverpool way" we will have on-going talks, lots of press talk, the Rafa will sulk, football will take a back seat and nothing will happen!! (a la Barry/previous bid saga!) ::)

GG and TH can still knock it back but the banks would then be pulling their hair out..
I think skip has got a real intrest in this and its not a post due to any anti yank feeling
me fingers are crossed!

skippy

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »
I am as excited as anyone about this news, its almost a dream come true to be able to get info like this especailly being a life long red. I don't think hicks will resist now as he is desperate and as I said I believe this is why the stadium has been delayed. The bottomline is I have been told Sheikh Mo wants Liverpool and has told his men to get Liverpool Fc. The process has begun an offer will be made. I wouldn't get fellow fans hopes up if I wasn't sure the info is correct.

Durgs

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

Love that guys tea towel in the background with the gigs on - its Aerodynamic!

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »

:D dude, you crack me up! Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 05:55:57 PM »
Hmmm, The Times say's one thing and the Telegraph another. The Telegraph's is the later report (4pm).

Skippy, have you got an update for us please?
Cheers,
Ray