November 19, 2019, 05:02:37 AM

Author Topic: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be buying Liverpool FC!!!!!!!  (Read 87535 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be buying Liverpool FC!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »
Just more internet fantasy from people with nothing better to do

The Yanks are going nowhere; at least Hicks isn't. He's sitting on a goldmine, with or without the stadium, and will be able to refinance easily

Little dose of reality for all you dreamers.

Hicks is sitting on nothing but his fat ass and a pile of debt.

The banks will tell him when to jump and how high.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »
Whilst I am cautiously optimistic this buyout will go through I am concerned about how the stadium project will go.

Despite all the negativity towards G&H they did at least recognise the immense value of the Kop and the redesign gave great prominence to it.

If the Sheikh does take over how will the club ensure that any stadium redesign will take the Kop into account. H&G should be given credit for that at least.

What I don't want to see is a generic 75,000 seater stadium bereft of any soul. The new Anfield must retain its soul - it's one of our strongest magnets and to lose that would be a crying shame.
Cheers,
Ray

skippy

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
Cheers for the abusive private mesage Cally. Nice way to treat a fellow red. I stand by what I have said in this forum. If I am wrong then I will be castigated but I believe in what I have been told. If I gave you my source you would understand why but I can't. Time will reveal wether I was right or wrong. Some people do not understand the mindset of the folks from Dubai. They will remove any object in their path sooner or later. Lets sit back and see if I was right.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 05:04:13 PM »
ignore him skippy.....anyone with a mere two posts to their name, and who fires off an abusive private message to someone, has got major issues.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Cally

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »
You can't reveal your source???

What a shock.

Because you don't have one. At least one high up enough in the decision making process, much like the rest of the internet forum Walter Mitty's. And certainly not one who would allow you to post such sensitive info on a public internet forum.

I just don't see what the attraction is in making this stuff up, other than living a shallow, unfulfilled life.

As for the 'New Anfield' retaining its soul. Firstly; there will be no 'new stadium. Secondly; stadiums are not born with soul, they develop it over time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:08:55 PM by Cally »

Cally

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
ignore him skippy.....anyone with a mere two posts to their name, and who fires off an abusive private message to someone, has got major issues.

I hardly think sending him a message saying you have no source constitutes 'abuse'. But then most of these dreamers get a bit touchy when you bring them back to reality.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
I hardly think sending him a message saying you have no source constitutes 'abuse'. But then most of these dreamers get a bit touchy when you bring them back to reality.

why all the cynicism and rudeness?

will you apologise when the yanks sell?

Cally

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:04 PM »
why all the cynicism and rudeness?

will you apologise when the yanks sell?

Because I don't like head the balls making this stuff up and giving our fans false hope.

Don't worry, they won't sell.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:40 PM »

As for the 'New Anfield' retaining its soul. Firstly; there will be no 'new stadium. Secondly; stadiums are not born with soul, they develop it over time.

Its the people in the stadium that are its soul.

And why has Skippys comments on the potential takeover ruffled your feathers so much?

If you had been on this forum long enough to realise that Skip isnt known to be a wind up merchant so if the guy says he is privy to some relitively private/confidental information I am willing to allow myself believe that what has been said just might be as he says. If it does turn out to be true then everyones is happy and if its not well dont shoot the messanger.

Cally

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
Its the people in the stadium that are its soul.

That's us fucked then.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
Cally,

Why come here as a newcomer and instantly start castigating people for their posts? If you don't agree with Skippy then just find a forum where you can share your opinions with like-minded people.

OTOH, you could disagree with what's been said but in a far more reasonable way. With the sort of reputation you've now got no-one is going to take you seriously anyway.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!  ::)
Cheers,
Ray

skippy

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »
Hold up a minute. My source has nothing what so ever to do with any decision making regarding anyone. They are nothing more than a cog in a very large wheel but the fact is if and when a deal is being made or is on going they get to find out by virtue of the fact the wheel cannot turn without them knowing. Watch and see.

Cally

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »
Hold up a minute. My source has nothing what so ever to do with any decision making regarding anyone. They are nothing more than a cog in a very large wheel but the fact is if and when a deal is being made or is on going they get to find out by virtue of the fact the wheel cannot turn without them knowing. Watch and see.

Hehe, it gets worse.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Hehe, it gets worse.

To quote Basil Fawlty... "you are a waste of space". Either post something constructive or belt up! God, anyone would think you were a Manc in disguise!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
To quote Basil Fawlty... "you are a waste of space". Either post something constructive or belt up! God, anyone would think you were a Manc in disguise!

agreed, Sticky.

I reckon Cally is no more a Liverpool fan, than John Lennon was lead guitarist in the rolling stones.

when a 'newcomer' comes into a forum swinging, you know there is one helluva an agenda at play.