September 17, 2019, 05:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Butch is dead  (Read 2357 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Butch is dead
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

iskoppa

Re: Butch is dead
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:34:56 PM »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Rest In peace Mr Newman! Thank you for the memories!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:56:36 AM »
paul newman was a big hero of mine....probably the BIGGEST movie hero of mine.  No-one else came close.   Only Paul McCartney is on that same level of stardom.  imho  One always knows there has to be a day where they leave us.  But it doesn't take away the sense of loss and the feeling of the closing of an era; indeed the end of a chapter in our own lives.

If I had a pound for every time I used a quote from butch cassidy and the sundance kid, or from cool hand luke, I'd be a very wealthy bloke.

he was a living legend. 

God bless you Paul.  You were a real World-Shaker.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

iskoppa

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
paul newman was a big hero of mine....probably the BIGGEST movie hero of mine.  No-one else came close.   Only Paul McCartney is on that same level of stardom.  imho  One always knows there has to be a day where they leave us.  But it doesn't take away the sense of loss and the feeling of the closing of an era; indeed the end of a chapter in our own lives.

If I had a pound for every time I used a quote from butch cassidy and the sundance kid, or from cool hand luke, I'd be a very wealthy bloke.

he was a living legend. 

God bless you Paul.  You were a real World-Shaker.

Hear!  Hear!