December 13, 2019, 08:54:42 PM

Author Topic: FIFA, what a farce  (Read 5250 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
FIFA, what a farce
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
The English FA, and other national associations, have to leave this ridiculous entity (FIFA).

FIFA is finished.  They are now incriminating each other - like rats turning on each other, as they leave a sinking ship.

Nobody can have any faith now in this organisation.

I see sponsors today - adidas and coca cola - are expressing dismay at what is going on.

And I see an Australian politician today is demanding that FIFA refund the near 50 million dollars that the Aussie bid for the 2022 World Cup cost.

I have no faith in the awards of the 2018 or 2022 world cups.  I think England should leave the FIFA umbrella, and along with other similar-minded nations, set up their own international tournament - to replace the 2014, 2018 and 2022 world cups.

If the English FA do not have the b*lls to do the right thing, then we should see footballers announce their international retirement (and refuse to take part in future FIFA sponsored world cups).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
FIFA, what a farce
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
FIFA makes my blood boil. The FIFA family is always mentioned and they like to keep things in house. I wonder why?

Nows the time to make a stand. The FA need to speak with other major nations Spain, Italy, France and Germany and threaten to leave unless everything becomes transparent, blatter leaves, and a whole new committee is formed.

The Russian and Qatar bids were chosen not because they were the best bids but because of the brown envelopes they offered and the personal guarantees they made to the committee members.

They're not accountable because the president turns a blind eye. I honestly think it's time there was a police investigation into their dealings. The can of worms that would open would be unbelievable

The cracks are widening but we need to act now to make sure they are not smoothed over once again

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
FIFA, what a farce
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »
Warner and the bin are now urging members to support blatter!! I wonder what deal they've been offered.

FIFA make the mafia look like amateurs

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA, what a farce
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
yes, you couldn't make it up......it's like some cheap latin america daytime tv soap opera.

all the main characters hate each other.....they have no scruples....they would turn on each other in a second.

warner wanted blatter out yesterday, but today he backs him...and urges the rest of the caribbean nations to back him too.

but these people are stupid enough to think that they can get away with this all.....but the world is watching, in disgust, and things can never go back to being the same again.

there are two ways to go after them.

1) the english fa, and other national fa's, resign from FIFA (to help focus attention, international players....especially young ones - e.g. jack wiltshere - should start to retire from international team, citing no interest in taking part in future FIFA run world cups.  The heat of Qatar is a great excuse).

2) the Swiss government need to start actively investigating FIFA.  And throw FIFA out of the country.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:52:39 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
FIFA, what a farce
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »
There was a bbc panorama programme on recently not the one before the 2018 vote but more recent. I'd imagine you could get it on the web somewhere. There was a criminal investigation recently but it got settled by FIFA out of court, surprise surprise

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:31:34 PM »
Chuck Blazer (the whistleblower) has had his services 'terminated' tonight by FIFA's acting president of CONCACAF. That won't be Warner so who is it?

This gets messier by the day. I don't see how Blatter can survive this. The key part is how the major sponsors will react. If Coca-Cola and Adidas withdraw support I think he's history.

Sadly, the FA's and SFA's call for the election to be postponed will fall on deaf ears. But if the German or French FA were to suggest such a thing it would probably happen. Pity their silence is deafening!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
don't see it on the news wires - is chuck gone?

yes, if the sponsors start to make noises, blatter's goose is cooked.

but there are over 200 national associations, so a few FA's will not make much impact.

it will have to be big tv coverage nations/populations - e.g. spain, uk, italy, germany, etc.

if such nations leave FIFA, then Batter is sunk.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 11:50:51 PM »
Sky news ticker is running the story about Chuck. The UK press doesn't have the story - yet.

As much as I would like Germany, Spain, France to make noises it doesn't seem likely they will. Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Time for bed here. Have fun!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
FIFA, what a farce
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »
Apparently he's been sacked or chucked!! The whistle blower is sacked. Unbelievable.

Is it just us that can see it or Is the rest of the world blind?

It wouldn't surprise me to wake up tomorrow to hear the English FA has been banned by FIFA for making up all the allegations.

I can't stand platini but surely uefa need to do something at least behind closed doors

I'll lose my faith in justice if this is all swept under the carpet. And I'm starting to think it will be

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Good men were in short supply today.  :(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
Chuck was not chuckable it seems.

Yes, time for the home nations to leave FIFA.

This carcus is rotten to it's core.  It's like some bizarre nightmare, where we stand alone and everyone else derides us, whilst standing up to their necks in dubious dealings.

It's like 1941.  We stand alone. 

Time to break away and start afresh.

(I see Germany are demanding the 2022 world cup vote be held again)

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
I totally agree dude. I have nothing but contempt for Blatter and his corrupt organisation. Sadly we have been outcast to the wilderness for the forseeable future. I've just turned 60 and don't expect to see the WC in England again in my lifetime. At least I have memories of 1966.

I'm very surprised at the major European nations not giving us some support. At least we know who our friends are.

I don't see how we can breakaway when all we would have is a small group of teams spread around the globe. It isn't feasible. Hopefully we can get strong leadership in the FA and Blatter's replacement will be a more honest individual.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »
The FA need a complete re-vamp before we can even think of life outside of FIFA. As with so much throughout football, the important and influential positions are held by non-football people, with the exception of Platini.

We're hardly seen as an integral part of Europe on any level and in any sphere, and football's no different.

I just hope that football's not damaged beyond repair once Blatter finally releases his grip. It would be nice to see wholesale changes  once he steps down. Maybe the other FAs will seize their moment then. I think the FA though needs to sort itself out and reclaim the power within English (and Welsh) football, bring in wide ranging financial changes to the game in this country and learn a bit of humility in the process.

I don't see any chance of anything altering whilst the Swiss meglamaniac has breath in his  'Monty Burns' type body.   
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.