September 19, 2019, 01:37:19 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd are nuts  (Read 2149 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Man Utd are nuts
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
Man Utd are 600 million quid in debt - and yet are determined to keep on spending big in the transfer market.

I have heard reports suggest that they are paying ashley young some 130,000 pounds per week. 

this is pure madness.

the world is in depression, Man Utd are in dire debt, and yet they keep on spending. 

Bring in the clowns.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Man Utd are nuts
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
As long as they can afford the debt, the actual amount is academic, but I totally agree with the sentiment.

It seems every Summer we expect/hope that the transfer market will finally settle down and get an injection of sense. As per, this Summer seems to be reaching new heights of craziness. So much for Financial Fair Play bringing a touch of sanity.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
yes, so much for the financial fair play rule.

having said that, perhaps clubs are spending big now, in the knowledge that they won't be able to in a year or two.

* saving much of my thinking for my end of season report.   8)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
* saving much of my thinking for my end of season report.   8)

:D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
I wrote all my bullet points back in March for the report.  I just need to take an hour and pad out my points.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »
Dude, I doubt it will only take an hour, knowing the depth with which you view things.

It will be well worth the wait.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
thanks, Tes.

I just need a spare night, and a few beers, and it can get done.

One or two may choke on their lobster, but it will be from the heart (as always).

It has been a very eventful season - and not just at Anfield.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »
Potentially another body blow to the Scum's fortunes is the failed IPO of Samsonite on the Hong Kong stock exchange.  The scum, as mooted in the media last week were looking very closely at recent IPO's on the Hong Kong market in the hope that they may also list the club at nearly twice the price they paid a few years ago.  Samsonite was one of the companies the Glazers were watching to see whether or not their IPO would be successfull.  So far it does not seem to be the case with it falling 11 percent on its debut.

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Samsonite International SA , the world's biggest luggage maker, dropped 11 percent in its Hong Kong trading debut on Thursday, underscoring tepid investor appetite for initial public offerings as global markets struggle.

Samsonite's slump is the latest in a string of weak Hong Kong IPO performances as China's strong growth shows signs of weakening and it bodes ill for the impending share sale of Italian fashion house Prada SpA .

"Of course you have to attribute that to the weak sentiment in the market and in the meantime people won't be too interested in IPOs," said Alex Wong, a director with Ample Finance Group.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
If it were not for Fergie, Utd would have been dead and buried along time ago!  As much as I can't stand whisky nose, you have to admire the job he has done.  He's kept Utd a float imho.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
If it were not for Fergie, Utd would have been dead and buried along time ago!  As much as I can't stand whisky nose, you have to admire the job he has done.  He's kept Utd a float imho.

It's definately through gritted teeth but I totally agree. This is why I see the Mancs hitting the buffers once Taggart retires/dies. Their offield commercial activities may be strong but that won't help if Taggart's replacement isn't up to standard, and as the Mancs proved after Busby and we've seen at first hand, replacing that sort of successful management and maintaining a dominant era is incredibly tough.

This is why I think that Dalglish's main contribution won't be in the present, but in the ways of doing things that he establishes, a bit like the legacy Cruyff has left at Barca.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
This is why I think that Dalglish's main contribution won't be in the present, but in the ways of doing things that he establishes, a bit like the legacy Cruyff has left at Barca.

Totally concur with that view.  Below is a statement from Guardiola after they beat Utd in this years CL final.

Guardiola "This team (Barca) is fresh in people's minds, but they dont remember Milan under Sacchi or Liverpool from before."

If Kenny can bring back the old principles and instill that back into the club we will be successful! 

On a side note, just found this video on youtube....hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3DeqELS8A&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:55:07 PM by Gurdeep »