November 21, 2019, 12:03:24 PM

Author Topic: This is Krisztian Nemeth talking about winning the reserve league  (Read 4750 times)

I am The Egg Man

"Fireworks and champagne - This is Anfield"

I don't have too much routine at the age of 19, but I feel that something magical happens to me nowdays. I am full of confidence, it would be good to store some of that for the future. I'm almost sure this won't be forever, but now everything is like a fairytale. In the past 72 hours I've played at Anfield, scored a goal, created one, I've been chosen the man of the match and last but not least got a call up to the Hungarian national team.

It sometimes happens, when a striker hits the ball it's always going to be a goal. With me, this is the situation now, not only on the pitch but off it too.

This time last year I've just figured out, that I'm going to be a Liverpool player. I've never even dreamed about such a good start to my Liverpool career. Especially after two months, when I had a knee surgery. I was in very deep back then. Now it gives me even better feeling, knowing I've just recovered from that injury. But I don't want to complicate things too much, I just have to keep on working to achive me goals.

I was thinking before the League Final, that I never used to be in a fever before matches and this helps a lot. I'm really calm when I step onto the pitch. Everybody was asking me about this before we played at Anfield, but I was really focused as always.

I woke up late in the morning and it was just like every other day. At 3 pm we met up at Melwood, where we held a little tactical discussion with Gary Ablett and headed to Anfield Road. This was the first time I took on my football dress at that dressing room and I got even more motivated. At last, before going to the pitch I could not miss the chance to touch the "This is Anfield" sign. On the top of that they played You'll Never Walk Alone before the match and I could see Rafa Benitez and Rick Parry in the stands. Some of the senior players came too, so we had lots of inspiration.

At the end we won 3-0, but I say we were not at our best. I was not satisfied with my performance eighter. We have played far better than this. Of course Aston Villa fielded 5 players with Prem experience, so we played against a good team.

Everybody was talking about my goal with my weaker foot, even on Liverpool TV they said I can use both of my feet very well. Of course this is one of the things I still work on, but I have to admit it was a well taken shot. After the match Gary Ablett critized me about being too unselfish and I could have shot instead of passing in 2 or 3 occasions. He is right, but I was really delighted, that my good mate Jordi scored from my pass. After his goal he ran to the KOP and skid on the turf like Gerrard uses to. We are laughing about that for 3 days now

Oh and I haven't even talked about the celebration yet. They have built the podium in 5 minutes we got the tropy and there were fireworks, confetti and champagne.

The next day we went to the last training at Melwood and with the hungarian boys I went to John Lennon Airport and came home for the U19 games. I've been home for only 1 day, when I got a phonecall saying Erwin Koeman selected me for the national team to play agains Croatia. I was in the team once, but never played. I am really honored with this chance, it will be good to play with Gera and the others.