Poll

Jonathan Ross - back him, or sack him?

back him
0 (0%)
sack him
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 09, 2008, 05:13:31 PM

Author Topic: Jonathan Ross  (Read 2684 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Jonathan Ross
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
Well, what do you reckon pop pickers.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Durgs

Re: Jonathan Ross
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
to be honest, i don't see what the fuss is about.
I admit, i have not HEARD the interview/call/prank, but its what Ross and Brand are all about, taking the p**s and that.
Ross does it on TV week in week out and Brand, while not my cup of tea, is just doing what he does.

Seems to me like they have upset someone with a bit of political pull.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:14 PM »
Durgs,  I think the nation despises Ross.

And this time, when he went way way too far, they had their opportunity to put the boot in.

I find him obscene, a twit, up his own bottom and talentless.

I stopped watching Film 2007 etc when the BBC dumbed down and gave that fuker the job.

He's a hypocrite as well....he likes to take the  p**s out of people..but calls in his lawyers when people fire back at him.

He can give it, but can't take it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3286480/Jonathan-Ross-rude-lewd-and-crude.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3280695/Jonathan-Ross-legal-history.html

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

martin

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »
Out of order and tasteless but has got out of hand. I would rather be reading (well not actually) about killers and rapists who were put away than because of some prank phone call - seems rather trivial to me. The media in general are just as culpable. They criticise Ross and Brand for publically embarassing Manuel but they have made it a much greater spectacle than it would ever have been.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 01:33:20 AM »
Out of order and tasteless but.......seems rather trivial to me.

:o leaving several messages on an old man's answering machine telling him that you've shagged his granddaughter, singing a ditty about it and then indicating the victim might best kill himself, is trivial?   Not only is it obscene, disgusting and among other things, a clear invasion of privacy....it is also a criminal act.  And if you or I did that, our employee would sack us on the spot. 

I would rather be reading (well not actually) about killers and rapists who were put away

multitask, multitask. 

We're all well capable of dealing with several ongoing news stories at once.

But you're right re the media and entertainment industry in general.  They are a bunch of hypocrites.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »