September 23, 2019, 04:27:01 AM

Poll

How Many Times Have you Been To Anfield This Season?

Havent Been
5 (50%)
1-2
0 (0%)
3-4
2 (20%)
5-6
1 (10%)
6 or more
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: How Many On This Site Actually Go To Games??  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
How Many On This Site Actually Go To Games??
« on: October 31, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »
Just wanted to get an idea of the number of people who go OR dont go to Anfield on a regular basis :) :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:56:09 PM by Kopite999 »

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How Many On This Site Actually Go To Games??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »
Sadly I haven't been to Anfield since the early 80s when I stood at the back of the Kop. Back then you could get in for £2 and £2.50 on European nights! ;D

And just to show you youngsters how it used to be I remember turning up for a mid-week Milk (League) Cup game against Arsenal and the stadium was half empty! Mind you it was a freezing December night in the 81/82 winter.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »
The main reason i set the poll up was ticket prices this season. Its now 39 quid for European and big prem games, an increase on 7 pounds on last season. Its starts to add up when 4 of you go.

Ourlad

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »
I living in Dublin and about 5 or 6 years ago i'd be over between 4 and 8 times a season but a mortgage and family is were most of my money goes now. I aim to get over twice a year now. Haven't made it over this year yet.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:21:52 PM »
live too far away to see regular games.

saw my first at anfield in 1979, I believe.

kenny, terry, phil, graeme, jimmy, era etc

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

martin

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »
The main reason i set the poll up was ticket prices this season. Its now 39 quid for European and big prem games, an increase on 7 pounds on last season. Its starts to add up when 4 of you go.

I go to games mate. At least I try - getting tickets is difficult. Me and my two mates have applied today for the e-season ballot, and failing that we'll phone up (this is v Fulham). I have only seen the game V Stoke so far this season but I saw over a dozen last year.

Don't mean to p**s on your fire or anything mate but weren't the tickets £36 quid last year? And the Fulham ticket is £37 quid not £39? Mind you, you do have a £1.50 handling charge.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 10:27:47 PM »
Fulham isnt a category A game so it wouldn't be. 

I'm hoping for at least a price freeze on all tickets next year given the current economic climate.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:31:56 PM by Kopite999 »

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »
Martin its a good point though becoz i'm sure the gap between category A and cat B has closed aswell. With increased ticket revenue and TV money it makes you wonder where its all going. Maybe on a new training facility for Gilletts other team!!!

Dude and ASI it must have been a pleasure watching the team of the 70's and 80's, winning trophies at a canter. I'm too young to even remember much about the last time we won the league. So the day we eventually do it again i'm declaring a six week public holiday!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:54:30 PM by Kopite999 »

martin

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »
Martin its a good point though becoz i'm sure the gap between category A and cat B has closed aswell. With increased ticket revenue and TV money it makes you wonder where its all going. Maybe on a new training facility for Gilletts other team!!!

Dude and ASI it must have been a pleasure watching the team of the 70's and 80's, winning trophies at a canter. I'm too young to even remember much about the last time we won the league. So the day we eventually do it again i'm declaring a six week public holiday!!!

I didn't realise the gap had closed actually. It does seem like a lot of money too. It's my own problem really, but because I'm an OOT'er by the time you add in petrol and food, etc you are looking at 80 quid for a game believe it or not, which is a lot. My mate I go with gets paid a lot (bounder!!) and I only get average so he's always wanting to go but 2 games or more a month is too much for me, ideally. I applied for the game V Tottenham - last game of the season through corporate hospitality and it got rejected. But get this - the ticket cost 85 quid - and you got a seat in the centenary stand plus a cup of tea and a programme!! So that's £45 quid for the cup of tea I guess!! We felt it was worth it in case we won the league this season - would be amazing to be there the day we won it, can you imagine?!!

wittsy

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »
Never been but always hoping, I'm the only bread winner in this house and don't drive so as you can imagine it'll cost me around £120 by the time travel etc is added, gutting.

My claim to fame is though that I was at the game when I'm sure Liverpool last won the league (villa v man city where villa lost and couldn't win the title). Thats about as good as it gets for me.

Thank the lord for TV.

Jas

iskoppa

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 12:44:18 AM »
Just wanted to get an idea of the number of people who go OR dont go to Anfield on a regular basis :) :)

I have not been for a fair few years (being an Ex-Pat don't help), booked flights and got tickets, hotel etc for the Boro game the other season!
Then due to champions league commitments the game was cancelled!  So me and my mate were stuffed big time, as we could not afford the ticket prices for the CL game.

But on a strange note the first game I went to at Anfield was in 1976 and we beat Spurs 2-1, that was a great day! 

Not like today!

The bloke who took me there was called Trog, bless his cotten socks!  For I am indebted to that man for the rest of my life!  ;)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »

I didn't go as often as I would have liked to. It wasn't always plain sailing. Losing at home to Leicester sticks in the memory but I do remember them being applauded by the Kop at the achievement. Other notable occasions...

1) Beating Olou Palasthera (sp.) 10-0 in a European Cup game and then going to the VIP area afterwards and shaking the hands of Ian St John and Ron Yeats!  ;D

2) The game against Spurs in 81/82 (I think) when Hoddle scored a great goal at the Kop end to go 0-1 up. We then scored twice to win the game and the title. Fantastic!

3) First home game after Shankly's death was a European game if I remember correctly. Very emotional atmosphere.

But we still used to lose to the Mancs.  :( I remember having to leave early as my lift needed to get back to Sth Manchester and hearing a loud roar from the visitors end. Hated them then and still do today! >:(
Cheers,
Ray

Kingjari

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »
I go every home game, all competitions and its a dear do lad.

Kingjari

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »
Fulham isnt a category A game so it wouldn't be. 

I'm hoping for at least a price freeze on all tickets next year given the current economic climate.

ha ha ha ha ha ha keep on hoping mate, with the Yanks still in charge you've no chance.

martin

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
I go every home game, all competitions and its a dear do lad.

I've come over all jealous! I take it you're a season ticket holder? if only...