September 17, 2019, 06:01:58 AM

Author Topic: Anyone wanna hear my music? (no?!)  (Read 4951 times)

martin

Anyone wanna hear my music? (no?!)
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »
A bit random but I produce dance music and have entered this track into a competition for a nationwide magazine called Future Music. It is a remix competition to remix a famous producer called Ian Carey. I actually featured in last months magazine which sells close to 100,000 copies across europe and the states with another track 3rd in their top 3...

If you care, let me know what you think! Thanks.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/126742488e11bacb/

(Jim, I know you'll love this! hahaha)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:10:10 PM by martin »

I am The Egg Man

Re: Anyone wanna hear my music? (no?!)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »
A bit random but I produce dance music and have entered this track into a competition for a nationwide magazine called Future Music. It is a remix competition to remix a famous producer called Ian Carey. I actually featured in last months magazine which sells close to 100,000 copies across europe and the states with another track 3rd in their top 3...

If you care, let me know what you think! Thanks.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/126742488e11bacb/

(Jim, I know you'll love this! hahaha)

Martin it sounds good but It's hard to tell how good your one is because you could just be replaying the original.

I am The Egg Man

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:27:13 PM »
Martin, where about in Liverpool are your family from?

martin

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »
Thanks Anthony, the vocal is the only thing that isn't mine...

Mum lived in croxteth and rest of family are dotted around in and around Liverpool. Where abouts are you from/live??

I am The Egg Man

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
Thanks Anthony, the vocal is the only thing that isn't mine...

Mum lived in croxteth and rest of family are dotted around in and around Liverpool. Where abouts are you from/live??

I live in Aigburth the Dingle end.  If you know Aigburth at all I live just off Aigburth road by Ullet Road over the road from the Mc Donalds

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »
I'll have a listen to that later Martin, I'll get some evil stares if I put the sound on now!

martin

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »
I'll have a listen to that later Martin, I'll get some evil stares if I put the sound on now!

haha! I'm sure it won't be your cup of tea Jim to be honest but what the hey! Thought about 10 times before posting it as it doesn't really pertain to anything particular but thought there wouldn't be much harm.

I was thinking actually of contacting that guy who made the Torres song and asking him for parts to make my own version, I remember Dario G making that world cup theme that was so big and was thinking of a similar idea...

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »
haha! I'm sure it won't be your cup of tea Jim to be honest but what the hey! Thought about 10 times before posting it as it doesn't really pertain to anything particular but thought there wouldn't be much harm.

I was thinking actually of contacting that guy who made the Torres song and asking him for parts to make my own version, I remember Dario G making that world cup theme that was so big and was thinking of a similar idea...

I'll give it a listen, but you might be right, I'm turning into an old fart and I've always been a guitar and drums type!

We're probably going to have to come up with a new username for you with all these hidden talents.

(If you want me to forward your email address to the Torres song guy let me know.)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
I had a listen Martin, and while like Jim I am a guitar and drums man too, I did like it. 

I had my doubts when it started off - thought oh fig-leaf, another modern drum machine type automated 'anybody can make this on a computer' track.  But after the first 45 seconds or so, it kicked in.  The vocals were a bit low in my headset - but maybe my headset is a bit cheapo (currys). 

Yes, I definitely can imagine disco folks jivving to this on Toremolinos (or wherever they club at these times).  Well done.  Good work.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

martin

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »
I had a listen Martin, and while like Jim I am a guitar and drums man too, I did like it. 

I had my doubts when it started off - thought oh fig-leaf, another modern drum machine type automated 'anybody can make this on a computer' track.  But after the first 45 seconds or so, it kicked in.  The vocals were a bit low in my headset - but maybe my headset is a bit cheapo (currys). 

Yes, I definitely can imagine disco folks jivving to this on Toremolinos (or wherever they club at these times).  Well done.  Good work.

lol Thanks Dude!

martin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »

(If you want me to forward your email address to the Torres song guy let me know.)

Actually thinking about it i reckon I can probably do something myself without him but thanks...

Watch this space, hopefully I can get something together before the start of the season...

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
Look forward to it.

I am The Egg Man

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »
Look forward to it.

I have found a security issue with the site that you may or not ber aware of.

admin

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »
I have found a security issue with the site that you may or not ber aware of.

Thanks Anthony - I've explained it all in the "Your Email" topic.