September 19, 2019, 02:02:13 PM

Poll

Were some Liverpool fans right to boo the team after the Fulham stalemate?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
8 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Fulham Boo Boys  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Fulham Boo Boys
« on: November 23, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »
Personally I couldnt believe some fans reactions at the final whistle to the bore draw with Fulham. Yes it was dissapointing to drop points but to boo the team even after our best start for years?? Or are fans entitled to boo if they pay alot of money for their ticket??

Irish_Mark

Re: Fulham Boo Boys
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
The most disappointing thing yesterday was the crowd... Flat, static, no heart... Unfortunately, more often than not, it's bloody DRY Irish supporters who won't chant and get behind the lads... I don't bloody know why. When I go to Anfield I sing my heart out!! Sitting around a few of the at Wigan game, one of which kept telling me to 'sit down'...  ??? Wish they'd get the finger out or just stop coming...

In front row of the Kop for Monday night :) Can't bloody wait :D

martin

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
No they have no right really. I don't want to be part of a supporting culture that cheers when we win and boo's when we lose. That's not what it's all about. Sure, we didn't play well, but in some games we won't and we have to accept that. It's not like we have been drawing every game and playing badly is it? These supporters are probably the same supporters who stayed silent the entire game waiting to be entertained.

martin

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »
The most disappointing thing yesterday was the crowd... Flat, static, no heart... Unfortunately, more often than not, it's bloody DRY Irish supporters who won't chant and get behind the lads... I don't bloody know why. When I go to Anfield I sing my heart out!! Sitting around a few of the at Wigan game, one of which kept telling me to 'sit down'...  ??? Wish they'd get the finger out or just stop coming...

In the games I have been to that has been the case. Flat atmosphere with little heart apart from a core in the Kop. I wonder why this is? It could be that too many out of towners come along and do not sing, I am an OOT'er and I do sing. To be honest there are plenty of Liverpudlian accents not singing too.

When you go to away games the support is magnificent! I think we have to accept that there are hardcore 'singing' Liverpool supporters who attend regularly and a mish mash of support attending on an ad-hoc basis who, whilst I'm sure absolutely love Liverpool, either do not know the songs or do not have that need built in them to sing.

iskoppa

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »
I watched the game down at my local watering hole yesterday and all I could hear for most of the match was the away fans screaming there collective heads off!  :(

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:56:15 PM »

Why, what's happening on Monday night?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

iskoppa

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
Why, what's happening on Monday night?

The next time we play on a Monday night at Anfield will be the 1st of Dec when West Ham come a calling!

Ourlad

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »
These are probably the same fans who tought the title was in the bag last year when we hammered Derby. They'll talk us up after one good win and then say we're shed if a game didnt go our way.

Its a pity that most saturdays Anfield is filled with fans who just want to sample the athmosphere instead of being a part of it and friends of fans with no intrest in Liverpool FC only how good of a weekend they're having in the city.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
I blame the out-of-towners, myself
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 10:11:08 PM »
Monday week v West Ham tes :)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
Monday week v West Ham tes :)

I thought you were referring to this Monday. It's what happens to you when you get older.  ;D

They weren't right to boo but have a right to boo as a paying punter but it's sad to see.
My philosophy has always been if you're in the ground you're there to support, period. When the team isn't performing or it just isn't happening for them then that's the time the support is even more crucial. Sure, not everyone knows the words to every song, but everyone can join in with the simpler chants. If it's your first time, surely the best way to enjoy the atmosphere is to immerse yourself in it by being part of it.
How anyone can simply sit there and watch is beyond me. I can't watch a kick about on the local rec without getting involved and opening my gob, but then football has always had that effect on me.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
I don't understand it either... In fact I hate it :( Bloody hell like if you're going to Anfield surely it's to support... And as you said Tes, it's more vital when the lads aren't at their best! I'll be sining at top voice on Monday :) Hopefully 3 points in the bag!!!

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 12:15:06 PM »
We cant tarnish out-of-towners with the same brush. I agree some maybe go to one game a year and expect us to roll Fulham over 5 nil. However i know a lad that sits in the Kop for every home game and it takes him 4 hours to get to Liverpool and another 4 hours home! Thats dedication

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »
I'm just glad the fans that were booing on saturday weren't in ISTANBUl!! fans are there to support no matter what goes on

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
we need a voting system, maybe a phone-in vote, that every 15 minutes allowed the crappiest Liverpool player to be voted off the pitch and thrown into the Kop (for some behavioural correction/attitude adjustment).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.