November 12, 2019, 12:52:50 PM

Author Topic: The possibles, the probables and the definites..........  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
The possibles, the probables and the definites..........
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
Of who will be in the 2012/13 first team squad.

First of all the definites, who no matter what, will be at the club in 2012/13:-

Reina, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Suarez, Gerrard, Carroll, Henderson, Lucas, Shelvey, Bellamy.

Second of all the probables of players who will probably leave in the summer:-

Jones, Aurelio, Maxi, Kuyt, Doni, Aquilani, Cole, Wilson

Thirdly the possibles of players who will only leave, if we receive an offer that goes above our valuation of them*:-

Johnson, Downing, Spearing, Adam.

I've also been told that we are looking to "retiring out" Carra and giving loans to Coates, Flanagan, Robinson and Sterling.

* This does not mean we value them at the same price we bought them.....We don't want to get rid of Johnson and are not, in the slightest, looking to sell him, however if we get an offer that is above our valuation of him (£14m plus) and considering we have Kelly and Flanagan, then we'd be willing to consider it. Stewart Downing, from the people inside the club, has been considered the biggest flop and if we receive anywhere between £10m-12m we'd sell him.

If I was a betting man I'd say all of the probables will leave and Downing and Adam may go too. Seeing as Shelvey has done more in the games he has played for us than Adam has done.

What you are hearing regarding our budget is correct. We will only have  £20m-25m plus any money from sales for buying players. Thus we are looking at bosman dealings, player exchange deals and such forth.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The possibles, the probables and the definites..........
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »

First of all the definites, who no matter what, will be at the club in 2012/13:-

Reina, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Suarez, Gerrard, Carroll, Henderson, Lucas, Shelvey, Bellamy.

Thirdly the possibles of players who will only leave, if we receive an offer that goes above our valuation of them*:-

I've also been told that we are looking to "retiring out" Carra and giving loans to Coates, Flanagan, Robinson and Sterling.

* This does not mean we value them at the same price we bought them.....We don't want to get rid of Johnson and are not, in the slightest, looking to sell him, however if we get an offer that is above our valuation of him (£14m plus) and considering we have Kelly and Flanagan, then we'd be willing to consider it. Stewart Downing, from the people inside the club, has been considered the biggest flop and if we receive anywhere between £10m-12m we'd sell him.

If I was a betting man I'd say all of the probables will leave and Downing and Adam may go too. Seeing as Shelvey has done more in the games he has played for us than Adam has done.

What you are hearing regarding our budget is correct. We will only have  £20m-25m plus any money from sales for buying players. Thus we are looking at bosman dealings, player exchange deals and such forth.

And long may that continue if Kenny gets to steer the ship towards the abyss. Or rather, in a few years time 20-25 million + money from sales will no doubt be considered a giant transferbudget if Kenny will be kept.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »

Ed, imo, you're full of sh*t. When has one of your 'predictions' from deep inside Anfield ever
amounted to anything...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
A spot of 'Ed banging there.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »
If/when Dalglish leaves, if we get a sizeable bid for Suarez, then I think we'll see him go. I would imagine the board are ambivilous to whether he stays or goes.

Downing is too much of a loss maker to let go. If we received the the stated £10-12M most of that would be taken up paying up/off his contract.

Adam should be easier to rid ourselves of.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »

:D

or the Flaming Eds

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »
If/when Dalglish leaves, if we get a sizeable bid for Suarez, then I think we'll see him go. I would imagine the board are ambivilous to whether he stays or goes.

Downing is too much of a loss maker to let go. If we received the the stated £10-12M most of that would be taken up paying up/off his contract.

Adam should be easier to rid ourselves of.

as we have said many times.....not only do we have to rebuild the team, but we also have the added burden of getting rid of the costly driftwood that dalglish brought to the club last summer.

these guys will be on lucrative contracts too, which the next tier of clubs (the villas, evertons, etc) cannot afford to match.

we are fecked in many cases.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
:D

or the Flaming Eds

The expanded version of The Flaming Lips - though the video wins this week's Surreal Award (yes, it's beaten one of Woy's press confewences).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJR3RBwwHlg

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »
The expanded version of The Flaming Lips - though the video wins this week's Surreal Award (yes, it's beaten one of Woy's press confewences).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJR3RBwwHlg

surreal alright!

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 10:41:24 PM »
It insults my intelligence when he posts Gerrard is definitely staying at the club
next season...really? :o Besides he's never correct, so what's the point in taking it
seriously...

if we get a sizeable bid for Suarez, then I think we'll see him go. I would imagine the board are ambivilous to whether he stays or goes.
Dunno, lad's a superstar! I think we're owed a season of him ripping PL defences to shreds!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
I think this is where we and the board differ. As long as we don't sell him and bring in any more 'premiership proven' players.