October 25, 2020, 07:54:17 AM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 353668 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
Now now Dude lets play fair  ;D .

Even if Kenny didnt earmark Suarez Comolli was probably the catalyst there. Roy went to watch him but that was most likely on Comollis recommendation.

And if you are going to give them guff for signing Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc how about also affording them some credit for signing Enrique, Adam and Bellamy. All 3 were brilliantly spotted bargains.

Theres no question Maxi deserves to be starting but he wasnt always Mr consistent. When he arrived first he actually looked like a 1.5 million pound player rather than the quality player we see today so it can take players time to find their feet at a club.

>:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ???

Juan, I had spent ages on a long reply.....and then it didn't send.............grrrrrrrrr..... all lost

pee poo pee poo

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 14, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
Guys, I'd be quite optimistic at the moment.

I think Kenny is showing good management skills,
at a tricky point in the season. The important thing
v QPR was the result and we got it.

The positives, imo. Skrtel has come a lot on under Dalglish
and Clarke. Crikey, i even saw him do an Agger-esque
feign and switch against QPR.

Henderson has an opportunity now in the absence of
Lucas to get more game time (same way once upon a
time, Lucas himself did).

Maxi has been fantastic for us recently.

Whatever is being done on the training ground in terms of
keeping possession was there for all to see on Saturday.

Shelvey & Bellamy are two guys that give us energy and
attacking options from the bench in the last 10 minutes.
Particularly at Anfield in the case of Shelvey.

Stevie G is on the way back (i think!).

Most importantly, i get the impression of a good team spirit
in the dressing room and i think there's a lot of character in
the side. We could be in with a good chance of a cup this season!

Hoping Downing lets rip against Villa!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:21:36 PM by Ed »

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 14, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
>:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ???

Juan, I had spent ages on a long reply.....and then it didn't send.............grrrrrrrrr..... all lost

pee poo pee poo

Hate that Dude. Happens to me regularly  >:(.

Saw an interesting story that made me think "What would Dude say to that". Anyway it was to do with Rafa, he states that Gerrard is the best player hes ever managed. Thats high praise for someone who managed a Valencia side with some very good players and an Inter side who had just won the European Cup.

I know your feelings of Gerrard and of Rafa. Would the fact that Benitez thinks so highly of Gerrard make you change your mind on the player and what hes done for the club?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
Hate that Dude. Happens to me regularly  >:( .

Saw an interesting story that made me think "What would Dude say to that". Anyway it was to do with Rafa, he states that Gerrard is the best player hes ever managed. Thats high praise for someone who managed a Valencia side with some very good players and an Inter side who had just won the European Cup.

I know your feelings of Gerrard and of Rafa. Would the fact that Benitez thinks so highly of Gerrard make you change your mind on the player and what hes done for the club?

yes, a pain in the posterior when a long reply doesn't send, Juan.   I usually right-click select/copy before sending....but this time I forgot to. 

as for Rafa and Captain Marvel.....Rafa is probably talking about Marvel's engine.  Plus, Rafa's a political animal.  He craves a chance to manage again at Anfield, thus he will say the right things. 

Marvel was our version of Utd's Bryan Robson.   They won no titles either during his glorious me-me-me reign.  It was when the english emperor was on the wane and had turned 36, that Utd won their first title since the black and white era.

the english media need an english god, to worship.  Nothing has changed in my lifetime. 

Didi Hamann's second half introduction transformed the CL final, but you'll have to whisper that in lowered voices, lest  you be hung drawn and quartered (in front of your wives and Clarkson).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »
Of course Rafa's gonna say that. ffs, Stevie G inspired our Istanbul triumph by
standing up to the arrogant AC Milan and sticking it past (i forget the name of
their keeper) in what is one of the great goals in all of football. Similarly in the FA
cup final, in the dying seconds he hits a screamer with the last kick in normal time.
Not forgetting the other important goals he scored during Rafa's reign.

Nobody's going to deny (even Dude, methinks) the contribution that Gerrard has made
to LFC.

However, we have also been completely humiliated in the league for the last 20 years
by a certain c**t managing our fiercest rivals up the motorway. That's the problem, Stevie
has never delivered the title....enough said!!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 16, 2011, 03:59:00 AM »
Of course Rafa's gonna say that. ffs, Stevie G inspired our Istanbul triumph by
standing up to the arrogant AC Milan and sticking it past (i forget the name of
their keeper) in what is one of the great goals in all of football.

it's all kept hush hush.....but ac milan raped our central midfield in the first half.  They by-passed it.  It's like it did not exist.

it's a team game....but the transformation was made at half time, when Didi Hamann came on.  But he's a German, thus he cannae get the plaudits from the english media.

Similarly in the FA cup final, in the dying seconds he hits a screamer with the last kick in normal time.

great saving goal, but it's the other 89 minutes contribution that caused concern, Ed.

Bryan Robson used to pull off similar super-hero antics. 

When you've got a good man in a crisis, you always tend to have crisis.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »
When you've got a good man in a crisis, you always tend to have crisis.
ROFL, Jan Molby could hit screamers too and was one of the most
intelligent distributors of a ball, I've ever seen (I could watch Molby
play football all day). I can't argue with some of the heroics
Stevie has performed over the years. I just prefer Graeme & Jan.

It's 2008/2009 that proves the point for me regarding the league.
Captain should have stood up & driven us to the title, he should
have been in Fergie's face after the "fakt" debacle. But, alas, it's just
not his way.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
ROFL, Jan Molby could hit screamers too and was one of the most
intelligent distributors of a ball, I've ever seen (I could watch Molby
play football all day). I can't argue with some of the heroics
Stevie has performed over the years. I just prefer Graeme & Jan.

me too.

yes, Jan was a joy to watch.  For a player of his stature, he had such a delightful touch.  His distribution, and strength of pass, were second to none.

It's 2008/2009 that proves the point for me regarding the league.
Captain should have stood up & driven us to the title, he should
have been in Fergie's face after the "fakt" debacle. But, alas, it's just
not his way.

yes, in the modern era, the big egos get pandered to.  Never was the Liverpool Way.

Can't imagine what Sir Bob would have said.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Kenny so needs to take off either Henderson or Shelvey or both. We're effectively playing with 9 men. If he waits, as per usual, to the 80th minute before making any changes and we drop points then I'm done with him. Thank God Villa's so poor going forward or we'd be down by now.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 18, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
We're 2-0 up and Shelvey created the first and all you can do is criticise. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 18, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
If he waits, as per usual, to the 80th minute before making any changes and we drop points

Im sure dropping points would make your day Martin, give you more to moan about.

If we lose or draw, we're crap. If we win we're crap. Fans like you have unrealistic expectations and are never happy.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 18, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
Suarez has hit the woodwork twice in the last 10 minutes. He's crap!!  ;D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 18, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
Another 3 points, another good performance, more nice football, the best defence in the premier league, tough times to be a Liverpool fan, sack Kenny and the board!

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 18, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Another 3 points, another good performance, more nice football, the best defence in the premier league, tough times to be a Liverpool fan, sack Kenny and the board!
;D Good times indeed Juan. Pity we couldn't add any more in the second half to overtake Arsenal but with the Wigan game on Wed it was important we had no injuries. We're leading by a mile for post hitting. Another 2 today!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 18, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
;D Good times indeed Juan. Pity we couldn't add any more in the second half to overtake Arsenal but with the Wigan game on Wed it was important we had no injuries. We're leading by a mile for post hitting. Another 2 today!

I think we are very close to being an excellent side that will challenge for major honours. And whats even more pleasing is the style of football we have adopted under KD.

If we can add that elusive goalscorer up front we wont be far off City and United.

Good times arent far off Ray.