October 22, 2020, 07:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 352186 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #780 on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
If we were to get relegated I've no doubts Tomkins would make it sound like something good.

we could come back stronger.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 19, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »
Does anyone really take a word Tomkins say seriously? That man is pathetic beyod belief. If we were to get relegated I've no doubts he'd make it sound like something good. He's a good larf tho, gorra give him that.

He's ok! Supported Rafa, was spot on about Hodgson and generally has
something interesting to say (unlike some people who just bang on!)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »
we could come back stronger.

Yes, and more gay.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 19, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »

In my view he's a retard alienated to reality trying to justify disastrous decisions made by both Rafa and Kenny. Also, his arguments are very often dishonest and intellectually void. Rather he twists reality in any shape or form needed to come up with his deluded rants about how splendid everything is. In fact, it's firkin sad the tosser can make a living on writing that shiite.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »
sounds like he's not your cuppa tea, Martin.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
In my view he's a retard alienated to reality trying to justify disastrous decisions made by both Rafa and Kenny. Also, his arguments are very often dishonest and intellectually void. Rather he twists reality in any shape or form needed to come up with his deluded rants about how splendid everything is. In fact, it's firkin sad the tosser can make a living on writing that shiite.
Really, how fascinating!

I do note his site is for "Grown-up views & discussions on Liverpool FC".

Face it Martin, you've always been just a WUM with no interest in the club!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Really, how fascinating!

I do note his site is for "Grown-up views & discussions on Liverpool FC".

Face it Martin, you've always been just a WUM with no interest in the club!

I don't know what a WUM, just as you don't have the first clue about me. You said somethingabout grown-up views...

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 19, 2012, 09:23:55 PM »
grown-up views...
Yeah, they're views that you would expect someone who is older than nineanaharf to possess...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »
Yes, and more gay.

Insert totally confused smillie.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 20, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »

Agreed Ed. At times he can be too positive although I was surprised to see him so critical of the Hodgson era while Roy was still in charge.  But he definitely does have something interesting to say and he doesnt make knee jerk judgements on players or managers.

John Henry seems to be a fan of his views considering he requested to meet him after they bought the club.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 20, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »

Great to see your so complimentary about a fellow diehard Liverpool fan.

Some nice comments there Martin.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 20, 2012, 08:06:58 AM »
Great to see your so complimentary about a fellow diehard Liverpool fan.

Some nice comments there Martin.

Well, I wasn't commenting on him as a die hard fan (what is that, and what makes a fan die hard, and how is he more of a die hard fan than me?). I was simply stating my feelings on his writing, which, in fact is purely ideological. His task is to keep the consumers happy, he is, what other would say, a useful idiot. That's prolly why Henry et.al. met with him. In any case he never say anything interesting or thoughtful because that is not his job. His job is to paper over the cracks in a semi-official role.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
Thought I'd share this tweet I've just had the pleasure to read. 

“@daveygladwell: “@guardian_sport: Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought" - how shed did you think he was Kenny? #Lfc”

LOLOLOL
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »
Thought I'd share this tweet I've just had the pleasure to read. 

“@daveygladwell: “@guardian_sport: Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought" - how shed did you think he was Kenny? #Lfc”

LOLOLOL

:D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »
Kenny does the quick two-step, a Hamilton-ism, covering all possibilities, saying everything but saying nothing of any substance, by saying that his opinion of Downing has changed:  "Stewart is a fantastic footballer.  He's better than I thought he was going to be.  He’s a better footballer - he’s also quicker than I thought."

And then two seconds later, our leader says:   "But we haven’t had any change of opinion on him as a player from what it was before."        Say what?    ??? :-X :-\ :'(

Regardless of the double-speak above from Kenny, how the heck can our manager suggest that Downing is a better player than he imagined he was going to be, when the lad has not scored one goal in the league to date, for the club, nor provided one assist.  On what radar, on what type of measurement on planet earth, does that equate to Dalglish concluding that the lad is even better than he had previously imagined.

Did the pre-Liverpool Downing contribute minus goals and minus assists?  How does a player who has zero assists and zero goals, especially from a creative midfield position, and that be considered by any stretch as an improvement on what had gone before?  What planet does Kenny call home.