September 27, 2020, 07:54:00 PM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 344033 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »
Thank God Kenny's name not Roy Hodgson or the knifes would already be out. In my book Kenny has a lot of work to do to regain my confidence. Too many basic errors like last week. It's not a knee jerk reaction but I can't see us get better than 6th this season really - too many poor decisions this far.

There's a lot of talk about how good a squad we have so what about Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Carrol? Some 90-100 million worth of mediocrity I say.

Well done Skrtel. Well done Kenny. Well done Liverpool. 4th yer havin a larf?

Call yourself a Red?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »
Martin, we have plenty of top players at the club.

The problem is that they are badly organised.

The problem is in the dugout, not on the pitch.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »
Yes I do and I probably did a lot longer than you. Too many errors of judgement, too much mediocrity. That's the truth. Is speaking the truth disqualifying me as a red?
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
Martin. I don't think you're a LFC supporter at all. One bad gane and your panning everyone. The number of times we lose by 3 goals can be counted on the fingers of one hand over years.

So after 5 games you've already decided where we'll finish. Brilliant!!  :(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
Martin, we have plenty of top players at the club.

The problem is that they are badly organised.

The problem is in the dugout, not on the pitch.

I don't deny we have plenty of top players, just as I don't deny we have plenty of mediocrity. This is the second time Kenny's making it difficult for the team to get a result by his inept teamt selection. It seems it's more important to give Henderson game time than how the team fare. That's not acceptable to me. Where the fornicating hell the idea he could play Spurs away without Kuijt on the pitch comes from I don't know. How he could leave an unchanged XI after such a pisspoor first half clearly shows mediocrity is the preferred level at Liverpool. Shall I go on?
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »
Martin. I don't think you're a LFC supporter at all. One bad gane and your panning everyone. The number of times we lose by 3 goals can be counted on the fingers of one hand over years.

So after 5 games you've already decided where we'll finish. Brilliant!!  :(

Just like the majority of you lot decided Roy was the wrong man after 6 games last season.

It's not that we lose ASI, it's how. It's the number of errors of judgement on Kenny's part. It's the inability of the players to rise to the ocassion. It's how we approached the game. Shall I go on?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:26:29 PM by Martinmarx »

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »
Martin,

Hodgson was never the man for LFC. You're just the same as us if you think Dalglish is no good after  less than 1/2 a season.

Every team has shockers. But when your views are more balanced I'll believe you're a fan. You're quick to damn and slow to praise.

"Shall I go on?" No thanks, I've seen enough.

Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »
oh I agree, Martin re Kuyt.  Once I saw the team sheet at the start of the game, I went to another website to make sure it was correct.  I then checked to see if Kuyt was injured or on the bench.  Only Kenny knows why Kuyt was on the bench for this game.

But re mediocrity - no, we may have a lad like Carroll who is nowhere near good enough to lead the line at Liverpool, but the team is bristling with top class lads.  With  a genuinely topclass man in charge, I would have few worries about the direction of the club.

the match is almost over here, I wonder will Kenny be blaming the officials again.

4-0 now.

to be honest, we are lucky to have got away with 4.......could have been 7 or 8. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Martin,

Hodgson was never the man for LFC. You're just the same as us if you think Dalglish is no good after  less than 1/2 a season.

Every team has shockers. But when your views are more balanced I'll believe you're a fan. You're quick to damn and slow to praise.

"Shall I go on?" No thanks, I've seen enough.

Fair play ASI, reading his posts is so depressing and bringing up Hodgson??? No self-respecting Liverpool
supporter would have any sort of attachment to RH...

Anyway, there are loads of points to be discussed, hope to be back later to try trash out some
of the issues!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »
Martin,

And I never said he was the right man, I just thought he'd get more than 6 games. I fell humiliated and embarrassed by this. I think this was the 2nd time this season where Kenny's inability/reluctance to change the game cost us dearly. Here's my main criticism of Kenny and I for one think they're all down to very very poor error of judgement.

*Carra's been playing RB on and off for a decade. In steps Skrtel and have a nightmare for the first 20. What do Kenny do to help him? Does he switch places with Carra? Noop!

*It was written all over Spurs would start the game throwing what they have at us. What do we do? Do we start the game in a defensive mind to successfully get into the game? Noop, we start with an extremly naive 4-3-3 line up perfectly suitable to meet Spurs needs.

* Henderson and Carrol had a tough start to the season, while the more experienced Kuijt and Bellamy was on the bench? Let's play Henderson and Carrol says Kenny. "Hell, let them play in the worst half this club's produced this year and keep play them. They'll turn it around", seems to be Kenny's line of thought.

It's not one bad game. It's how we react to last weekend's result. We say this season in and season out it's just a bad game. It's games like this we need to win. Especially after last weekend. Now it's obvious we haven't moved one inch since Kenny took over. It's the same old. We'll drop points next weekend against Wolves and people will say it's early days. But the same symptoms that plagued us for the last 15 years are still there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:39:29 PM by Martinmarx »

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2011, 03:36:54 PM »
Ed,

AGreed. Can't see the point of bringing up our worst manager. Just put it down to a bad day at the office. Worst result in 8 years. Expect a reaction against Brighton.

After we lost to Spurs last season I thought we'd be better prepared. Everyone has to learn from today. Not our finest hour.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »
It was today we needed a reaction, ASI. Not in a Mickey Mouse compo against Mickey Mouse opposition.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »
And I never said he was the right man, I just thought he'd get more than 6 games. I fell humiliated and embarrassed by this. I think this was the 2nd time this season where Kenny's inability/reluctance to change the game cost us dearly. Here's my main criticism of Kenny and I for one think they're all down to very very poor error of judgement.
It was obvious from the start that Roy wasn't a big club man. His press comments showed him up as that. Kenny has a big-club attitude but no-one's perfect. With Agger off his options were limited but I think Carroll should have been replaced. But KK wants him to have game time.

*Carra's been playing RB on and off for a decade. In steps Skrtel and have a nightmare for the first 20. What do Kenny do to help him? Does he switch places with Carra? Noop!
We're unlucky that Johnson and Kelly are both injured. Carra would have been worse than Skrtel at RB with Bale's speed.

*It was written all over Spurs would start the game throwing what they have at us. What do we do? Do we start the game in a defensive mind to successfully get into the game? Noop, we start with an extremly naive 4-3-3 line up perfectly suitable to meet Spurs needs.
Really? Where did you say that prior to the game? After their last home game - 1-4 to City they might have been expected to start cautiously.

* Henderson and Carrol had a tough start to the season, while the more experienced Kuijt and Bellamy was on the bench? Let's play Henderson and Carrol says Kenny. "Hell, let them play in the worst half this club's produced this year and keep play them. They'll turn it around", seems to be Kenny's line of thought.

Henderson has done better than I expected. Agree about Carroll though. Bellamy was only bought 3 weeks ago so he hardly comes into the equation.

It's not one bad game. It's how we react to last weekend's result. We say this season in and season out it's just a bad game. It's games like this we need to win. Especially after last weekend. Now it's obvious we haven't moved one inch since Kenny took over. It's the same old. We'll drop points next weekend against Wolves and people will say it's early days. But the same symptoms that plagued us for the last 15 years are still there.

People aren't machines. They have bad days. We were unlucky not to get anything against Stoke. Today? Just write it off. Spurs won't play like that all season and neither will we. That's what I mean about a balanced opinion. If we win next weekend I look forward to your praise of the team. Then again...
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »
it's 10am here, but I feel like getting drunk today.

I am stepping outside the tent.  I may be some time.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Good call Dude. A few early morning beers will see you right.

I love the hysteria on here after a result like today. Martin you come across as the Roman Abramovich of football supporters. When we play a bag game its like the end of the world and your solution is to sack half the club. This has been our first bad performance of the season. And to compound our misery we got 2 deserved red cards. It didnt make for pretty viewing but I still think its far too early to be condemning players and making sweeping generalised statements like a certain player isnt up to it after 5 games in. I have no problem with people questioning the managers tactics or a players performance or contribution to the team in a game but lets not be shortsighted here. The squads been overhauled. It looks likes its going to take some time to find its rythm but until such time has passed that the squad has had a chance to settle together lets be a bit objective with our criticisms. Abusing Carroll, Henderson, Adam 5 games into a new season is not giving those players a sporting chance to succeed. Like the travelling fans at White Hart lane we should be getting behind the players especially the newer ones, not tearing them to pieces every chance we get.