October 14, 2019, 03:24:07 PM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 245600 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Seven games unbeaten............................... not bad considering everything............................. ...... ;)
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
Seven games unbeaten............................... not bad considering everything............................. ...... ;)

You're so boring Tes.  Much prefer the doom and gloom  ;D
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2011, 11:51:57 PM »
The spectre of Chelsea on the horizon... Swansea, Chelsea, Man City, Chelsea

Actually makes for a pretty severe early season test! (Terry vs Suarez, battle of the racists  :D).
Both away from home though....(beat them in the league & play for penos in the Carling cup!).
Apparently, there's been some criticism of Boas

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jonathan_wilson/10/31/avb.chelsea.tactics/index.html

Clarkey, get the notepad out!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
You're so boring Tes.  Much prefer the doom and gloom  ;D

Carroll should be given away to Marine (that's if they'd take him), Dalglish is clueless and Carra needs to be handed his pension book. Whilst we're at it, let's sell Gerrard, the crock, in January whilst we can at least get a packet of swizzles and half a curly wurly for him.

How am I doing Gurdeep?   :D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:13 AM »
Not a bad effort my friend.  A pity you had to be so tight on the curly wurly.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
Not a bad effort my friend.  A pity you had to be so tight on the curly wurly.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »
Today, 6-0 is my prediction!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »
Half-time. One-dimensional, errorprone, predictable, immobile, technically poor, what have you.

Henderson needs to be taken off. One reason we'll drop points again against "lesser" opposition is, again, Kenny's inability to realise what it takes to win games. Again, Kuijt's left on the bench at the expense of an inept and overrated Henderson. Carrol can't score to save his life. In short, we're an embarrassment to watch.

Final score 0-0 or 1-1. 4th yer havin' a larf.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Not that I told you so. Let's be honest about it and admit we're a mid-table team. If there's a Big Four we're certainly not one of the teams. All we got is our illustrious history carved out more than 2 decades ago. I'm just glad people aren't as harsh on Kenny they were on Roy. For all the stick Roy got for splashing out the stunning sum of 3 million on Konchesky and Jovanovic maybe we should look at the tens and tens of millions Kenny wasted on Carrol, Downing and Henderson. Some 75 million spent on what must be said is poor mediocrity and then I'm being generous.

4th is gone. The question now is, can we even challenge for a top 7 spot? Maybe, if we're lucky. ManC, ManU, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will no doubt finish at least 7-8 points ahead of us. Newcy I still think is playing well above their level but considering the fixture list their advantage may be too much for us. So 7th should be the realistic goal from now on.

It seems as the fact Kenny's been out of the game for well over a decade is finally catching up. Everybody spent the whole spring stating we're now moving in the right direction on the back of a handfull of games where we were left hoplessly behind. Fact of the matter is this season thus far shows no signs of progress and there's nothing to suggest things will change any time soon.

We've dropped 4 points already at home against newcomers who knows in their hearts it's fairly easy to get away with at least a point from Anfield. Up until the 90th minute the players failed completely to show urgency, will, pride or what have you. That's not good enough and I'm accepting by each game we've become a 2nd rate team. Paradoxically, and as have been the case so many times throughout the years, we will most likely get good results against Chelsea and ManC.

To think Reina saved us on more than one ocassion from losing at home to Swansea is heartbreaking really.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »
Martin.

SHUT

THE

fork

UP

Thank you.

That's me out of this forum, cheerio.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
I've noticed with you that after every single draw or defeat you are on here within 24 hours, but if we win it usually takes you a week.

Enough is enough really.

You seriously need to examine how you read the game because it is poor.

You choose not to give Henderson a proper chance, when younger players to fully judge them takes at least one year, whether you like it or not Henderson is here to stay and the last few games he has been very good.

Carroll's game is perfect for this league. He needs confidence and needs a run of games to get into his best mode.

Both Carroll and Henderson have the potential to be here for the next 10 years. £50m for the pair of them, that is £5m per year which to me looking at them now and their potential seems a great deal to me.

As for not being anywhere near 4th place......well certainly there are 2 spots locked up in the top 4 - both manchester clubs. We are fighting with chelsea, arsenal, spurs and now newcastle for the other 2 spots - to say we are light years behind is a fallacy and pure bs.

Spurs to me are in pole position for 3rd place and Arsenal for 4th place atm, however there is still a long way to go and a lot of points to play for.

We are not a million miles behind them at all. However we are behind them.

It is true that we've drawn two home games against promoted teams, however we've beaten arsenal and everton away this season, whereas we lost both last season, as well as losing 4 games to promoted teams, so it seems to me we are doing better.

Please don't speak bullshit about the King again. Just because he has been out of management for 10 years doesn't lessen his know how. He has been involved in the game all his life and knows more than you or I.

We were never favourites for 4th place this year, fact.

We needed to spend all that money in the summer just to improve the squad and beef up the team and we have upgraded in the positions we needed to.

We will get into the top 4? I don't know. What I do know is that we won't be a million miles off, however the 5 teams we are competing against are all very good teams and I am fed up of your constant negativity towards us.

I am neither positive or negative just realistic. I am not demanding 4th because I believe we should be in the top 4, nor am I being negative in think we have no chance against the other 5 teams and are a million years behind.

Oh and Kuyt btw hasn't got the energy anymore to play in that RM or RW position, Henderson has the energy, creativity and crossing ability to make that position his own, he just needs confidence from his supporters and a chance to develop his game.

Kuyt should be the back up for Carroll as Bellamy is the back up for Suarez.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
Ed. I'm genuinely happy you are content and able to disguise what even Kenny called a disappointing performance to the contrary. Just don't declare me ignorant because I don't share your Tomkinsesque views.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2011, 06:32:58 PM »
however we've beaten arsenal and everton away this season
Dunno, both teams had a player sent off?

Haven't watched the game yet, but i really thought we were going to run riot today...

On paper there's nothing wrong with that team, imo. Quality, experience, youth, energy...
Again, 4-4-2 at home with a quality keeper, mobile defence, holding midfielder, zippy fullbacks,
a passer in the centre, crosser on the wing and a giant up front with a magician should work?
Whether it has gelled yet is the question and the difference that a single player could
make....

Anyway need to download the game!

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
Ed. I'm genuinely happy you are content and able to disguise what even Kenny called a disappointing performance to the contrary. Just don't declare me ignorant because I don't share your Tomkinsesque views.

I hate Paul Tomkins, so don't tar me in the same brush as him. Thanks.

I never said the performance today wasn't disappointing because it was. All I am doing is pointing out a few things to you that is called realism. Thanks.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »
I hate Paul Tomkins, so don't tar me in the same brush as him. Thanks.
What's wrong with Tomkins? He's a red, has his own views...
and is generally well researched, consistent and I'd say
respected as a commentator on the club.

I used occasionally get a bit bored with all the crazy data,
but he's definitely an old school red (remembers when we used
win titles etc.) and (from memory) I generally agreed with his
opinions on players. It's rare to find someone who gets certain
aspects of a player and whether they fit the club.

I'd read him all the time if his stuff wasn't behind a paywall.