October 29, 2020, 05:38:03 PM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 355157 times)

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #645 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
Own goals, hitting the bar, goal keeping blunders and wait for it, 2 nil down. 
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #646 on: January 03, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »
2-0 and the humiliation has just begun. Well done Kenny, keep Henderson and Spearing on the pitch. The're such contributers, especially in the last 3rd. We're making a larf of ourselves agan. Pathetic!!!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 03, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
I've seen more balance in an inebriated camel, balancing a jelly on it's back, while riding a rollercoaster
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 03, 2012, 08:49:31 PM »
This mismanagement of the team has to stop. Surely Downing and Henderson must be two of the worst PL signings in history?

It was written all over a 4-5-1 formation would never work and beside playing well for 15 minutes in the middle of the half we've either hoofed it long or gone on one man runs ridiculously easy for City to clear. It hurts so much to se me beloved team mismanaged this way.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 03, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
This mismanagement of the team has to stop.
B*llocks, get Stevie G on the pitch and let's get at them!

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »
Kuyt I salute you for the player you have been for us, but your time here is well and truly up.

Atrocious tonight.

Henderson has been very good though and Downing's confidence is really low.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
Kuyt I salute you for the player you have been for us, but your time here is well and truly up.

Atrocious tonight.

Kuyt is a top class player.

only Kenny could f.uk up this nugget's form.

but it's not just Kuyt........beyond Suarez, who else on our offensive end of the team is excelling under Kenny?  Nobody.

Bellamy and Maxi, despite Kenny's best efforts, excel when they manage to get a game.

But name one offensive regular (beyond Suarez) who is excelling under Kenny.  Not one.

Kenny wouldn't recognise a decent well-balanced side, if it hit him in the face with a sledge-hammer.

With the nutty signing of Carroll, we are now tonight (as usual) firing endless meaningless high balls into the box.  And this is the Liverpool Way?  Bo.ll.ocks it is.

Ah, here comes Bellamy and Gerrard from the bench. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 03, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »
Henderson has been very good though

Humor at its best. Well done for a good larf mate. What a total idiot Kenny is for taking our best player off and keeping Henderson on. He's making a mess of this team and it was good to hear the travelling kop booooooo his decision to take off Adam.

Sack Kenny now!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 03, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
Quite funny really. 9 men outside the box with Carrol alone in it against 4 City defenders. Way to go, way to go. But there you go Henderson strolled around the park throughout the season knowing full well it doesn't matter how c.r.a.p. he is, he'll start the next game anyway. Same with Downing, offering nothing nothing nothing while Maxi rots on the bench. The only thing this will do is to divide the team.

It's incredible how easy it is for City to defend against us.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 03, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »
Us 3 - 0 Us

Individual mistakes have cost us dearly. Goal difference is now adding up (or down) to - 1 point.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
Maxi now on (to join gerrard and bellamy)

well-called, Martin.

3-0 down and Kenny bolts the stable door when the horses have long since bolted.

anyone with a titter of sense would have saw what was coming tonight.  Maybe Kenny fancies the league cup more than a possible chance at 4th (not that I think we will ever get near 4th)

if you don't play your strongest team when you are playing the premiership leaders, on their own ground, then WHEN do you play your best team.

heck. does Kenny even have a sniff of what his best team actually is.

and lest anyone be unsure, Carroll was his usual rubbish tonight.  As the bloke doing the blog commentary for the Daily Telegraph says:   ""Andy Carroll has struggled to make an impression," reckons Alan Smith on Sky. I beg to differ. Carroll has in fact made quite a passable impression of a postbox with a ponytail."

A post-box with a pony-tail pretty much sums it up.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:44:41 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 03, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »
Maxi now on (to join gerrard and bellamy)

well-called, Martin.

3-0 down and Kenny bolts the stable door when the horses have long since bolted.

anyone with a titter of sense would have saw what was coming tonight.  Maybe Kenny fancies the league cup more than a possible chance at 4th (not that I think we will ever get near 4th)

if you don't play your strongest team when you are playing the premiership leaders, on their own ground, then WHEN do you play your best team.

heck. does Kenny even have a sniff of what his best team actually is.

and lest anyone be unsure, Carroll was his usual rubbish tonight.  As the bloke doing the blog commentary for the Daily Telegraph says:   ""Andy Carroll has struggled to make an impression," reckons Alan Smith on Sky. I beg to differ. Carroll has in fact made quite a passable impression of a postbox with a ponytail."

A post-box with a pony-tail pretty much sums it up.

I don't think Carrol's been the problem tonite. It's Downing and Henderson and the negative impact they have on the team's ability to play well.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
I am getting the feeling Liverpool Football Club is finished as a top club. I cannot see us getting better than 6th in the forseeable future. The rot started years ago but is now increasing in speed. In a few years time when we look back I think the key moment will be the horrendous signings we made.

It has to be said, Henderson and Downing are flops and will NEVER be good enough. They get games regardless of how poor they are. Now this is sending signals. Unfortunately the wrong signals. The whole world can see better and more experienced players are rotting on the Liverpool bench just so that Downing and Henderson will come good, which the whole world also can see will never happen. No players will want to come to a club run like that.

As I said in previous posts I really thought we had a good chance to win the game tonite IF Kenny chosed the right formation and the right team and he failed massively at both.

I have never felt so resigned. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
I have never felt so resigned.

if it's any help Martin, me as an independent looking on and advising purely on what I see, you've always been resigned, every week-end and mid-week game, across the last 30 years.

:D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
 :D

Fair enough I guess. Seriously though, under GH and Rafa at least anything less than 4th was unthinkable, today 4th seems unthinkable for other reasons and I can't see that change before 2020 at least.