October 14, 2019, 02:25:38 PM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 245596 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #705 on: January 11, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
Behind Reina I'd say Henderson is the first name Kenny puts down on the teamsheet. Says it all really. With that line-up it'll be all up to City's level of committment and urge. If they're up to it we'll see a similar scoreline to that of last Tuesday. Our best chance at silverware probably wasted.

Prediction: City 3 - 1 Liverpool.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
Good result at HT, I guess, but that's about it. We struggle extremly to engage Bellers and Carrol. We're totally unimaginative in the final third. Also, can anyone tell Kenny it really ain't no wonder we struggle to score as long as we only get one man into the box. Defensively we're very sound tho.

Not taking anything from the lads, City just had their worst half of the season altho they recovered slightly when Balotelli went of.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 11, 2012, 08:48:08 PM »
Not taking anything from the lads, City just had their worst half of the season

:D
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
Glad you could see it.  :D

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #709 on: January 11, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
Great first half and well deserved lead.  2nd half shocking once City moved up the gears.  Downing non-existent throughout, couldn't get past his man, Carroll was terrible up front, just  kept doing his impressions of Emile Heskey!  Henderson......I think I'll be in my grave by the time this guy comes good.  And the cherry on the cake, our players not having a frickin' clue where they were supposed to be playing mid-way through the second half.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:51:35 PM by Gurdeep »
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 11, 2012, 09:56:38 PM »
And the cherry on the cake, our players not having a frickin' clue where they were supposed to be playing mid-way through the second half.

yes, been the same all season.  I often see acres of green pitch, where I know Liverpool players should be standing.  The lads often seem to have no idea where they should be standing, or what they should be doing.  Zero balance in the team.    If Kenny hadn't been a legend as a player, he would never have got above 2nd or 3rd division managerial level.  imho

second half, we parked the bus in front of goal. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 11, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
Remember the 74th minute? Long high pass from Hart hovers over Skrtel, but Aguero runs right into him. Skrtel is almost falling, but with both his feet firmly on the ground his chest lies horizontal he's balancing on his forwardstruck knees while being pushed by Aguero. Skrtel is run right into, yet he keeps his balance and heads it away before getting his freekick.

That's how monsterish he was today. Absolutely bossed City's attackers from start to finish. Story of his season this far, probably even his best ever in a red kit.

Henderson was fantastic today also, he was really our main playmaker, always had awareness of the other players and hardly misplaced a pass. It's as if he's constantly aware of where his 4 nearest teammates are. Great game for him.

Reina was also class as usual, fantastic reflexes on that corner header.

Carroll looked good in second after having a nervous first half. Good games from Gerrard and Bellamy and decent from Johnson and Enrique. Downing, Adam and Kelly were disappointing.

Most of all though, I thought we looked like a team in the defence, especially the defenders and midfielders had a good understanding of each other and held the opponents from big chances. It wasn't pretty, but they were never THAT close to scoring. Clean sheet on Etihad is a very good accomplishment.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »
Dude, I think my rose tinted glasses have broken.....hehe
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
Dude, I think my rose tinted glasses have broken.....hehe

:D :D :D

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
No disrespect Edward, but I honestly cannot remember a telling pass from Henderson.  Carroll, apart from his chance early in the first half he didn't really do much apart from falling over and shaking his pony tail around.  Ask yourself this, Suarez or Carroll?  For the money we spent last season we should be saying it doesn't matter, but you and I both know that Suarez is the main man.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »
Great result, tactically spot on out of Kenny.

We dominated City in the first half and could have been 3 up. They came at us in the second half as expected but we defended brilliantly as a unit and restricted Man Ciity to scraps. Not the prettiest football in the second half but City couldnt break us down.

Its hard to see how Carroll will ever fit the system we play. He needs a team built around him but we are never going to play that style of football he requires.

Henderson has a great engine, he runs all day. If he improves his distribution he will be a very good player in the next few years. Downing was anonymous. Adam seems to be struggling. Bellamy was as bright as ever, must be such a hard player to play against.

Obviously it will still be very difficult at Anfield but this result puts us one step closer to our first piece of silverware since the FA cup.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
Remember the 74th minute?

Remember the Alamo.

Sir Dudely Crockett

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
Great result, tactically spot on out of Kenny.

if Rafa or Roy had parked the bus, would the tactic have been lauded?   :D

Its hard to see how Carroll will ever fit the system we play. He needs a team built around him but we are never going to play that style of football he requires.

yes, whatever plank at Anfield ever imagined Andy was a) technically good enough; and b) would fit into our system; needs to be handed a P45.

agreed re silverware, Juan.  If we can get the crowd whipped up for the second leg, a league cup trophy could be there for the taking.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 11, 2012, 11:06:17 PM »
if Rafa or Roy had parked the bus, would the tactic have been lauded?   :D

Ah Dude come on your not old enough for alzheimers to be kicking in just yet  ;), Rafa parked many a bus when he needed to and never apologised for it, nor should he have.

yes, whatever plank at Anfield ever imagined Andy was a) technically good enough; and b) would fit into our system; needs to be handed a P45.

agreed re silverware, Juan.  If we can get the crowd whipped up for the second leg, a league cup trophy could be there for the taking.

I will give Carroll the rest of the season to turn things around but I have to admit he has been a huge disappointment. Hes not the powerhouse we saw at Newcastle and hes not mobile enough to play the football we're playing. If theres no dramatic upturn in form hes a gonner at the club.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 12, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
Way to go Stevie G  :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16512668.stm

Nice to see him show some fire!

This Mancini pr**k, waving a card the last time we played them,
at it again last night over Johnson + poking his nose into the
Suarez thing.