September 29, 2020, 09:32:01 PM

Author Topic: Season 2011 - 2012  (Read 344547 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2011 - 2012
« Reply #720 on: January 12, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »
Ah Dude come on your not old enough for alzheimers to be kicking in just yet  ;), Rafa parked many a bus when he needed to and never apologised for it, nor should he have.

Oh, but he should've. In fact, his being staisfied with draws away against bottom half sides is one of the key factors to explain why he never could take us to the next level. I don't know how many games I tore whatever hair I might have in frustration he was going for a draw with 25 minutes to play.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 12, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Oh, but he should've. In fact, his being staisfied with draws away against bottom half sides is one of the key factors to explain why he never could take us to the next level. I don't know how many games I tore whatever hair I might have in frustration he was going for a draw with 25 minutes to play.

In europe and in the premier league is a different story.

I 100% agree with you regarding the premier league, in fact draws at home to West Ham, Wigan, Man City cost us the title.

However in knock out european ties you need to do what it takes, to get the job done and sometimes parking the bus was necessary.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 13, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
In europe and in the premier league is a different story.

I 100% agree with you regarding the premier league, in fact draws at home to West Ham, Wigan, Man City cost us the title.

However in knock out european ties you need to do what it takes, to get the job done and sometimes parking the bus was necessary.

You could add Fulham and Hull to that list + fielding an extremly weak side away to Stoke the week after we beet the Mancs. No ferkin wonder we lost. He started off well but turned out a disaster over time. And no dude, many of his weird decisions had absolutely nothing to do with G & H. He just never understood the PL. The CL's a totally different story tho.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:49 PM »
Who are we now talking about? Kenneth Benitez or Rafael Dalglish?

I'm confused.  ???
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 13, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
Or, same shed different name if you like.  :D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »
Or, same shed different name if you like.  :D

But is it a shed? Could it not be a hut?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 14, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
or perhaps a bastion of invincibility  :P

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 14, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »

In theory it's a possibility, yes.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 14, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
Quite surprising line-up. Just when Carrol started to show signs he's dropped to the bench to make way for out-of-favor Kuijt. Also too much tinkering with the back-4.  IMHO, he should've kept Johnson at the back and Kuijt infront of him. Bellers and Carrol up front. But 4-4-2 will never be the way forward for Kenny.

Seriously worried about all this tinkering.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 14, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Seriously worried

if you weren't seriously worried before each and every game, Martin, I'd be seriously concerned.   :D

if we cannae be a wee bit confident before a Liverpool v Stoke game, at our bastion of invincibility ground, then when can we ever feel a wee bit of hope in our veins.  This has to have three pointer written all over it  (famous last words from dude, in setting himself up for a fall).

and before i forget, there's a serious amount of shed-ists in here.  I am rightly and pompously concerned, about all this shedism.   We've gotta put a roof on it and move on.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 14, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
Seems my worries were justified. Another shedhalf at home. Stoke's in total control of this game. Kenny's giving further proof he's no more the right man or this club than Roy. How the fcku can he play mediocre-low-on-confidence-under-performing-Henderson and Downing out of position in one of the most fcukedup formations I've ever seen a Liverpool side field (been watching us regurarly since the late 70's). As per usual it's a fricking miracle if we manage to get one player into their box. I bet Pulis and his lads are larfing their arses off at half time at how immobile, ignorant, untalented and unimaginative we are. And who can blame them. We're so poor it's unbelieveable really.

We're gonna get 1 point in this game, tops.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 14, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »
5 minutes to go - and i have to leave for the city.

i hold up my white hanky in surrender, Martin.

even friggen Stoke at Anfield, is seemingly beyond Kenny and his billions.

my bloddy cat has more tactical nuance than this guy.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 14, 2012, 04:52:51 PM »
out the door here....back later.

but please please tell me that there were at least some disgruntled among the brainwashed at the final whistle.

there were some boos, right?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 14, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
Was too upset to hear any boos. 1 year and + 110 millions spent and this is what you get? Enough already I say. The man doesn't know footy and it is a crime against the history of this club he's allowed to run it for nostalgic reasons only.

It goes someway to show how far off it all he really is when an armchair fan like myself game in and game out with surgical precision can predict the outcome.

Why play 3-5-2 when you don't have material to do so? I'm lost for words at how crap we are under Kenny and can only hope Henry et.al. have the guts to do what's best for the club, not what nostalgic and non-secular fans want. KENNY OUT!!!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
yes, Kenny needs to be shown the door.

it's embarrassing watching his lack of expertise at this level.

comolli and caroll should join him out the door.

and if the key political operators within the dressing room have an issue, I'd kick them out the door in a heartbeat too.  They have about as much footballing intelligence between their ears as my cat does.  Hell, my cat is a rocket scientist in comparison.