November 20, 2017, 08:55:30 PM

Author Topic: Donations and suggestions  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
Donations and suggestions
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »
Hi all,

As you'll have probably noticed, the site's had more trouble than ever of late trying to keep up with the number of visitors (on the main site at least) - so after having it suggested a couple of times I'm going to add a donation button.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/site-info/donations/

This will hopefully help towards the costs of running the site now that there's more bandwidth being used and might even help cover the cost of upgrading the server.

There's no obligation to donate and certainly for the time being it won't make any difference to what level of access or features you get if you've donated or not.

It would be good to be able to spend more time researching and writing articles than tweaking the settings on the server. I might then get some time to start sorting out the ads so we're not advertising the official shirts from two years ago!

I want to start making more use of the forum and contributing to it myself a lot more. I'd like to add more features that link this forum to the main site and also perhaps find a way of including some of what we post on Twitter on here, so that can be discussed too.

We've a few ideas in mind (still looking into how to do them the best way) but as well as being happy to get any donations we'd be happy to hear any suggestions (appropriate ones!) on features that would be good or bad for the forum and also on the main site.

So - suggestions please!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:18:56 PM by Jim B »

subsy

Re: Donations and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Hi Jim

Im a new member here and Ill be happy to donate.

I also wanted to offer my help with the site if you need it at all.
Ive got a lot of experience administering and modifying forums and sites, some of which are very large, so just shout if I can be of any assistance.

Cheers

Ben

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Donations and suggestions
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »
I'll happily donate.

It would be good if we could somehow attract new members to this forum and for members who don't currently post to post in the forum.

I'd like to see you post more Jim! I'd like to hear and read your opinions on our debates!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:14:45 PM by Edward224 »