November 24, 2020, 11:17:44 PM

Author Topic: Commentary on the games through the season....  (Read 209462 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Commentary on the games through the season....
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
I only saw the first half of today's games.

It was definitely an improved performance. Had it not been for a couple of wayward shot and a few more Paul Robinson saves we could have been leading at the break.

Thats said Blackburn were a poor side and this win doesn't ease the pressure on Roy.

Any insight on the second half?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
indicative of how far we have fallen - the game wasn't even on tv here (they show 10 or more live games each day) ..........saw celtic v rangers, stoke and utd, now presnetly watching bits of city and arsenal in background.

decent result.......but we are looking like a mid table side at best.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Thank gawd for that win! Will have to wait until Match of the day til i actually see it, (cos Spain has now gone all digital and previous free premiership for the last ten years has now gone pay to see)...but at least fat slam can't lord it over us...thanking for small mercies i know but it all counts...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2010, 07:10:34 PM »
Thank gawd for that win! Will have to wait until Match of the day til i actually see it, (cos Spain has now gone all digital and previous free premiership for the last ten years has now gone pay to see)...but at least fat slam can't lord it over us...thanking for small mercies i know but it all counts...

wow, you get match of the day in spain, barticus?  Cool.

I wish we had such a highlights show here.

I am in central america.......and none of the sports channels showed our game live today :(

I haven't even been able to see highlights.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »
Great game. Can't remember we played this well at any point last season up til the 70th minute. Then we got a bit nervous as Gerrard admitted in the post-game interview. We were extremly unlucky to concede from their only chance. We bossed the game very well and I was very happy to see Maxi producing his best performance since joining the reds. Even Carra had a blinder with very good crosses (best I've seen from him ever as I recall). Meireles started off sloppy but got better by every minute, still can't believe he missed that sitter. But that's how it is when you're low on form and confidence. Also thought Cole showed signs of improvement and his cross to Torres for the winner was an indication there's more to come.

Well done you red men.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
Well done you red men.

Ditto. A win's a win at this current time. Roy for England? Please?  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »
wow, you get match of the day in spain, barticus?  Cool.

I wish we had such a highlights show here.

I am in central america.......and none of the sports channels showed our game live today :(

I haven't even been able to see highlights.

Down here on the costa del sol...All the premier games used to be on Spanish channel 2 here so the games at 12.45, 3 o'clock and the 5.30 could all be seen on the saturday as well as the sunday games...they never bothered with midweek games...
pretty awesome for 10 years until GOL TV bought up all the rights and now i'll have to sign up to that...
Still got sky satellite to fall back on though...hence the MOTD...

Central america must be awesome..

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
Down here on the costa del sol...All the premier games used to be on Spanish channel 2 here so the games at 12.45, 3 o'clock and the 5.30 could all be seen on the saturday as well as the sunday games...they never bothered with midweek games...
pretty awesome for 10 years until GOL TV bought up all the rights and now i'll have to sign up to that...
Still got sky satellite to fall back on though...hence the MOTD...

Central america must be awesome..

sounds like a wonderful lifestyle there, barticus!

i watched very little tv back home - but i always had two key faves - newsnight each evening at 10.30pm (paxman tortured politicians, which was great).....and match of the day.  Also loved discovery.

I do miss the MOTD highlights package.  Who the hell wants to sit through all of these live games.  I miss highlight shows.  Shame about Gol making it pay there now for you.

I was close to trying Portugal - fancied a few miles in from the algarve....up in the hills.

Jas_lfc

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
Btw, coverage of footy in India is the best you will ever get. Apart from the spanish league, whose matches are delayed ones, we get almost every league. Huge coverage of BPL, CL, Uefa cup, FA cup, Carling Cup. Scottish/German/Italian/Dutch league also available. All this for close to 8 euros a month. Dont have an HD one, but I think that will cost close to 10 Euros.

The 8 Euro package includes all the channels available in India i.e. Movies, Music, Sports etc...

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
Btw, coverage of footy in India is the best you will ever get. Apart from the spanish league, whose matches are delayed ones, we get almost every league. Huge coverage of BPL, CL, Uefa cup, FA cup, Carling Cup. Scottish/German/Italian/Dutch league also available. All this for close to 8 euros a month. Dont have an HD one, but I think that will cost close to 10 Euros.

The 8 Euro package includes all the channels available in India i.e. Movies, Music, Sports etc...

Lucky barstewards  ;D

My father-Inlaw has all the footy coverage over ther but he's not into football.......what a waste (shakes head in disgust)  :)
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »

It's no wonder it's called 'Rip Off Britain'.

Jas_lfc

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »
Lucky barstewards  ;D

My father-Inlaw has all the footy coverage over ther but he's not into football.......what a waste (shakes head in disgust)  :)

But then again, you can go and see a match live at Anfield. Given my earnings, it could take me a lifetime to do so.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »
It's no wonder it's called 'Rip Off Britain'.

And it's getting worse Tes.  Strategy for me during this government is save, save, save!

And maybe eventually, like the Dude Abides look for pastures new.....that's my game plan anyway.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
And it's getting worse Tes.  Strategy for me during this government is save, save, save!

And maybe eventually, like the Dude Abides look for pastures new.....that's my game plan anyway.

Don't blame you one bit, Gurdeep. The constant gurgling sound is not just the rain but the country disappearing down the toilet.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
Jas, that's great football coverage for 8 euros per month.

agree with you all re britain going down the tubes.  I started actively looking abroad at the end of 2002.  I hated where new labour was taking the country.  I wanted sunnier climes and less govt control of my life.

We all should chat sometime, even regulalrly, in a conference.......using skype, messenger or paltalk.  Fascinating to get to know you all more.