August 09, 2020, 12:53:17 PM

Author Topic: Commentary on the games through the season....  (Read 192854 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Commentary on the games through the season....
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
Agreed Dude its very disappointing stuff.

I was wrong in thinking Roy would put out his best team because Henry was over but its a strong enough team to expect us to play far better than we have.

Its very hard to blame anyone individually because collectively we look terrible.

Whats worse is Napoli are a poor side. They do have a couple of players capable of hurting us like we have already seen but they are no better than the players we come up against week in week out in the league.

Lets hope Roy uses that LMA manager of the year award 2010 brain of his to sort this mess out at half time.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
exactly, Juan.

napoli have come to anfield and it's as if they are the home team.

if liverpool don't get their act together, we are gonna be no better than mid-table this season.

Indeed, we will post our worst ever league finishing position, in my lifetime............unless roy sorts himself out.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2010, 09:57:11 PM »
roy has obviously had a real go at them at half time.

the ante was upped in the second half..........and napoli were shown up to be there for the taking.

gerrard has had a good half.......need to see more consistency and not just when the chips are down.

awful tackle on ngog......italian shown have been shown a straight red.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »
I'm not sure if my desire for Roy to leave is masking my ability to judge a game but I thought that was an absolutely shocking performance tonight against a poor side.

We got the luck we needed to get us back into the game, Gerrard did brilliantly for all 3 goals but the performance as a whole for me was horrendous and that score line masks Roys lack of ability to make this team perform.

Nothing from that game again suggests to me that Roy has the know how to take this club to where its looking to go.

All I can say is well done Stevie, he always steps up when needs be.

Disgraceful tackle alright Dude, he should get a retrospective ban for that.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »
A brillaint second-half performance by Gerrard shouldn't disguise the fact that we were outplayed for much of the first half. Sitting too deep, not closing down the man with the ball AGAIN!!! At least the owner can see for himself how bad Roy's tactics are. Surely, despite the win, he cannot hang around much longer? We win despite him, not because of him.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2010, 10:08:05 PM »
We win despite him, not because of him.

Nicely summed up ASI

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:14 PM »
agreed.........napoli were there for the taking.........but roy struggled to know how to do it.

as is said above.....we won despite of roy.

we didn't close the opposition down well enough, all game.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
We didnt control the game whatsoever. Granted we had the better of the last 20 minutes but aside from that I sat watching the game thinking to myself that I couldnt remember seeing a Liverpool team play so badly and looking so tactically poor.

This was a throw back to the Graham Souness era.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »
This was a throw back to the Graham Souness era.
The biggest difference between now and then Juan is that far fewer games were televised so the horror show didn't get a very wide audience. These days even these Mickey Mouse Euro games are watched live around the world.

Pity Meireles couldn't convert his chance tonight. He's desperate to score for the team. I feel for him. Sunday would be a good time to start Raul.  ;)

And I'm baffled why Pacheco can't even make the bench. Has he said something out of line? I can't understand why he's not getting a chance. He must be getting seriously piddled off.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2010, 12:47:32 AM »
The biggest difference between now and then Juan is that far fewer games were televised so the horror show didn't get a very wide audience. These days even these Mickey Mouse Euro games are watched live around the world.

Pity Meireles couldn't convert his chance tonight. He's desperate to score for the team. I feel for him. Sunday would be a good time to start Raul.  ;)

And I'm baffled why Pacheco can't even make the bench. Has he said something out of line? I can't understand why he's not getting a chance. He must be getting seriously piddled off.

He's under 29 and not one of Roy's ex safe bets. Thankfully I only saw the last 20 mins and of course their goal. Great flick on by Christian (insert every expletive known to man) Poulsen.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2010, 07:15:45 AM »
In the delirium of flu coursing through my body i watched one eyed at the sheer desperate shower that wore red in the first half, wanting to heal myself and not add to my misery by watching anymore, i went to bed.
So it was quite a nice surprise to wake this morning to the news we won and read through the match commentary at least one player still has some heart and talent.

3 wins on the trot Roy just about staying in there...that first half last night was quite frankly one of the worst displays i'd seen in many a long year, and without the arrival of his ace in the hole, he'd be dead and buried...
cavani is 2nd highest scorer in italy but thank the lord he didnt have his shooting boots on tonight (more like concrete ones)

Roy's getting some luck from somewhere...

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2010, 01:55:51 PM »
He's under 29 and not one of Roy's ex safe bets. Thankfully I only saw the last 20 mins and of course their goal. Great flick on by Christian (insert every expletive known to man) Poulsen.

In a few years when he's no longer with us and becomes a superstar lots of questions will be asked about how did he slip through our net. But Roy won't be around to be held accountable.

Surely Poulson cannot continue after last night. I know he made a contribution to one of the goals but overall he hasn't really had a decent performance in any of his games.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
Give me the mighty Igor Biscan any day of the week over Poulson

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Give me the mighty Igor Biscan any day of the week over Poulson

;D Spot on, but still funny.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
Liverpool v Chelsea
Sunday 7h November 2010

anyone abroad struggling to see the game, there is superb coverage (taken from Sky's live feed) over at

http://tedbundy.yolasite.com/