August 14, 2020, 12:58:16 AM

Author Topic: Commentary on the games through the season....  (Read 193797 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Commentary on the games through the season....
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »
1-0

Torres!

awesome ball from Kuyt  (through the eye of a needle).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »
2-0

Torres!!!!

44 mins

superb first half from the reds.

best of the season......entire team been excellent.

we badly missed kuyt.  Great to see him back. 

lucas been looking good too.

great team performance in this first 45.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
still 2-0

into the final 30 mins, and we are sitting deeper.

chelsea starting to look more dangerous.

nail biting time.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
2-0 result

could have had a third at the end (penalty not given)

andy gray, richard keyes and crew will rant on about the usual suspects carrying us to victory (torres and gerrard), etc.

but it was instead a fantastic team performance.

they all earned their corn......great stuff.

maxi, mereless and lucas all earn my special praise.

GREAT to see Kuyt back..........always the first man (along with reina) on my teamsheet.

we do go top tonight.............baldest team in the premiership.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
When Liverpool play badly Roy is normally the first person I will blame for his tactical short comings and his inability to galvanise the team so tonight its only fair that hes the first person to praise. Superb result and although my opinion on Roy wont change on just 3 results alone if he constantly continues to win games in the league it does make it hard for the fans like me to continue to criticise.

Super first half performance, Kuyt, Lucas, Gerrard, Torres, Reina etc as dude says everybody played their part. Nando looks back.

Second half we soaked up too much pressure, constantly kicked it long, gave away possession and started living on the edge. But even still we were good value for our win, Maxi unlucky not to make it 3. Level with Spurs now on points theres no reason we cant kick on from here and put in a real fight for a Champions league place.

Well done Roy and the reds.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
Brilliant display first 55 minutes, then we invited some pressure and owe Pepe quite a lot for keeping our sheet clean. In the end tho, we were the better team and fully deserved to win this game. It is good to see Roy's creation coming into being. I always said we would come good. I'm not saying we're there or thereabouts but I do have this feeling it's not such a bad thing to being in a chasing position.

Well done to the team, especially Kelly whom I've been critical of before. Well done Kuiyt on your return, your pass for Torres opener was absolutely brilliant. Well done Gerrard and Torres as per usual. And very very well done Roy for allowing for a gameplan that wasn't about adjusting to Chelsea's ditto.

I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming 3 games!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Very pleasing result and good to see Fernando back to his best. Top marks to all the team who played their hearts out. Jamie played a stormer and denied Drog a certan goal. Total respect from Drog to Jamie for that tackle.

The whole crowd led by the luscious Linda were superb. Lots of gargling with ale tonight to relieve those tonsils!  :D

Well done Roy. I'm still sitting on the fence but continue in this vein and my belief in you will grow. Two away games next at Wigan and Stoke. Just as crucial as today that we get a result at both.

Finally, please let Kelly continue at RB. He deserves another game on that performance.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
Agreed Dude, Kuyt makes a big difference! Thought Lucas was immense today!

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
Absolutely brilliant! Thought Torres was magnificent and we're beginning to believe in ourselves again...concentrating on football rather than making excuses and baiting rafa will hold Roy in better stead. Fair play though...4 games ago i thought he was dead man running...but maybe he's learning which club he's at now...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »
Agreed Dude, Kuyt makes a big difference! Thought Lucas was immense today!

agreed, Ed.  We badly missed Kuyt.  That was evident today.

And like you say, Lucas was immense.  I am so proud of that lad.  After the difficult time he has had, and all the abuse, he has a heart of gold. 

Torres showed glimpses of what he is about.  He's still not totally back.....but he's getting there.  He needs to smile a tad more.  Beating Chelsea, it doesn't get much better, he needs to enjoy the moment.

Clem

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
Well that cheered me up!  Don't like to call anyone out today as being special because everyone of them contributed everything they had today. Proud win. You don't often see Chelsea reduced to clueless lumping it forward. they must have felt like they had come third in this match.  Not totally convinced by Roy yet, as you know, but fair suck of the pineapple, the guy got it right today. Take a bow, everyone - and at last henry gets to hear the Kop in full voice! Great day!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
I'd like to echo what Juan's said and congwatulate Royston, first and foremost. Wigan and Stoke next, so let's keep this run going.
I'd just love to be proved wrong about Roy.

Looking at the table and this season so far, if we can continue in this vein we will put ourselves in the mix for a CL place again. Long way to go, but this makes our record against the top 5/6 look a lot healthier.

Well done all you redmen, Roy included.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »
Something positive at last.  Well done the Reds, and well done Woy (gotta give credit where credit is due).
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
(gotta give credit where credit is due).

Didn't the banks keep saying that leading up to the credit crunch?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.