November 25, 2020, 04:25:58 PM

Author Topic: Commentary on the games through the season....  (Read 209591 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Commentary on the games through the season....
« Reply #855 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:47 AM »
Outclassed, outwilled, outplayed, out-what-have-you for 88 minutes. We were nothing short of a total embarrassement today. I was starting to think we would get away with one of the most underserved points I ever saw us gain. It's unbelieveable really how little some players ask of themselves. If anything this game shows we're hardly a few top players from having a good enough side, we're looking at total upheaveal ffs. Only two players deserves credit today and that is Reina and Suarez. Good knows how much longer the latter will produce at this level before he too sinks into the mediocrity which is the level you need to reach to wear a red shirt these days. I can't in words describe how disappointed I am. As per usual wanting to win it was enough to beat us. We made championship players look like Barca.

Reina - saved us from an even more humiliating scoreline.

Carragher - didn't realise til the end he was playing. No leadership, no nothing.

Skrtel - actually one of his better games this season and I'm not saying that because he scored.

Kyrgiakos - I guess it's easy to single him out for criticism causing two penalties. It wasn't, however, his fault we were under constant pressure during the 10 minutes that led up to the first penalty. The situation was bound to happen and it could just as easily have been somebody else. The second penalty you could argue he was fouled, but you could just as easily argue he went down too easy in the hope of winning a free-kick.

Wilson - doesn't even look like he's good enough for the Championship, nevermind the Premier league. Of all the lame players I ever saw in a red shirt ... "Well, his only young" bla. bla. bla. bla. Bottom line is, what the hell is he even doing in our squad.

Kuijt - truly an off day by his standards. Offered absolutely nothing.

Spearing - "He's only young" an'all. Yawn. His inability to work for the team did wonders to help the Baggies dominate the midfield from the 3rd minute onwards.

Lucas - By far the most experienced central midfielder in a red shirt. Despite having been played regurarly for 2 seasons regardless of how poor he perform he offers this team nothing. He's so poor it's criminal really. If there was one player who should take a step forward it was him. Problem is, he never did and he never will. But hey, it doesn't matter. He's started 2 friendlies for the Brazilieros, lets hand him a life-long contract with a guarantee he'll be the first name on the team sheet despite the fact it's obvious he will NEVER help this club moving forward.

Meireles - looks like he spent his gun powder during january and february. For every made pass there was 6 or 7 misplaced.

Carrol - I don't know. It's early days an'all but shouldn't there at least be a glimpse he's worth at least 10 million? Olsson got to him during the opening halfhour and that was enough to knock him out of the game. Fair enough Atkinson was hellbent on refusing him anything. Nevertheless, you got to ask more than this.

Suarez - the only reason I watch our games these days. What a class player he is. But as I said above, the culture of mediocrity that is Liverpool FC will get to him sooner rather than later.

We'll be back beating ManC with ease in 9 days time and all will be forgotten. Problem is, we've seen this shine-a-light for over a decade now, only now at an even worse level. We're sinking.

Anyone who seriously believe it's all about getting a winger or two in is deluded beyond belief. Of the players that finished the game I'd keep Reina, Suarez, Kuyt and Carrol. Let the rest go find a team at their true level.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:34:36 AM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 03, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »
Chuckles rides again.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 03, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »
Chuckles rides again.

After the Manure game our friend wrote "Great result, great performance, great everything."

And after yesterday's disappointing game against a side that came back from 2-0 down to draw away at Manure, drew against Arsenal and won away at Birmingham we were apparently "Outclassed, outwilled, outplayed, out-what-have-you for 88 minutes. We were nothing short of a total embarrassement today."

MartinMarx has the most polarised opinions I know. We all know the side needs improving but it's far from a poor squad. We lost 2 defenders in the first 30 mins. Of course it had an impact with the quality of their replacements given they were bought under the previous owners when money was virtually non-existent.

I'd be more worried if I was an Arsenal supporter.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 03, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
After the Manure game our friend wrote "Great result, great performance, great everything."

And after yesterday's disappointing game against a side that came back from 2-0 down to draw away at Manure, drew against Arsenal and won away at Birmingham we were apparently "Outclassed, outwilled, outplayed, out-what-have-you for 88 minutes. We were nothing short of a total embarrassement today."

MartinMarx has the most polarised opinions I know. We all know the side needs improving but it's far from a poor squad. We lost 2 defenders in the first 30 mins. Of course it had an impact with the quality of their replacements given they were bought under the previous owners when money was virtually non-existent.

I'd be more worried if I was an Arsenal supporter.

LOL  yes, Martin's Law suggests Arsenal are relegation fodder - and Man Utd are mediocre.

Jim should set aside a special forum specifically for Martin.  A place where he can rant and let off steam, to his heart's content. The regular forums here are a place where fans can interact, share ideas and opinions....bounce things off each other. 

But communication with Martin is a one-way thing.  He rants, in big long posts.....that he is fully aware, cause annoyance and offence.  Even if he would inject a little humour and self-depreciation into his rants, that would take some of the sting off them.

My feeling is that he is either a troll........or possibly has serious other issues.  What we are seeing, is not normal.  There is no interaction here, no discussion or exchange of ideas.  It is a tad bizarre.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:37:56 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »
Plenty of knee exercises.

This was always going to be a long process.

Shame patience can't be bought through mail order off t'interweb.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »
Dude,

I don't think he's called Martin at all. I think his name is Alex Arsene David Sam Marx! And as you hint at he has serious anger management issues. Liverpool supporter? Not the writings of one I recognise. Still, it takes all sorts eh?  ;D
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Commentary on the games through the season....
« Reply #861 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:39 AM »

My feeling is that he is either a troll........or possibly has serious other issues.

LOL. you've been listening too much to Charlie sheen dude!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 04, 2011, 12:53:11 AM »
Instead try some Mr Sheen. Dusting can be quite cathartic and revealing (if it's not been done for a while).

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 04, 2011, 01:30:34 AM »
Jesus wept  :) Long lists of players and how crap they are summarised with 4 who are somehow "worthy" to be still at the club (2 of whom have barely been at the club 5 minutes, another who's been want-away all season). This sort of commentary is at best entirely defeatist, at worst childish.

The club exists within it's current context and for better or worse we work with what we have and move forward. It is utterly impossible for us to field a world 11 tomorrow.

Some players are on the way out, others want to leave, some are just arrived, there's a bunch of young talent to be looked at and so on. All of this is going on under the cold analysis of one of the greatest football brains of all time who's pretty much seen it all in the game....

Decisions will be made. But you can learn a hell of a lot about players in a defeat away to West Brom that will stand us in good stead in the future. Singling out individual players en masse, ignores the team. Change something here, swap something there or coach something somewhere else and the there's a difference!

So sit back and enjoy the process!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 04, 2011, 07:30:36 AM »
Dude,

I don't think he's called Martin at all. I think his name is Alex Arsene David Sam Marx! And as you hint at he has serious anger management issues. Liverpool supporter? Not the writings of one I recognise. Still, it takes all sorts eh?  ;D

agreed, ASI, some serious issues at play here.

reminds me of Golden Gordon (Michael Palin's Ripping Yarns series) and his wife having to hide all the living room contents, after yet another defeat for Palin's team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLDlpapPKE

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
LOL. you've been listening too much to Charlie sheen dude!

:D

We're not bi-polar. We're bi-winning. We win here and we win there.  The only thing we're addicted to right now is winning.

It’s been a tsunami of media and we've been riding it on a mercury surfboard.

I’m tired of pretending I’m not special. I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars.

People can’t figure me out, they can’t process me, I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with the normal brain.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 04, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
We need to get sponsored by Tigerblood next season and number 19 will be easy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 04, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
We need to get sponsored by Tigerblood next season and number 19 will be easy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

I LOVE that song - superb.  It would be a number one, if we had charts these days.

And the female interviewer - she has this wonderful vacant look.

Class song. 

Where does Charlie come up with all these off the cuff mad quotes. 

I suspect he never sleeps.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
I LOVE that song - superb.  It would be a number one, if we had charts these days.

And the female interviewer - she has this wonderful pretty vacant look.

Class song. 

Where does Charlie come up with all these off the cuff mad quotes. 

I suspect he never sleeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHhB9zV_rQ

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 05, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
agreed, ASI, some serious issues at play here.

reminds me of Golden Gordon (Michael Palin's Ripping Yarns series) and his wife having to hide all the living room contents, after yet another defeat for Palin's team.

That gave me a good laugh! By 'eck, those Yorkshire folk knew how to enjoy themselves!  :D
Cheers,
Ray