December 07, 2019, 06:25:24 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 122832 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
I wonder if Standard Chartered had their time back would they offer us such a huge deal. Does our support in the Far East mean we dont necessarily need to be challenging for the partnership to be a success. In fairness to Ayre some of the sponsorship deals he has pulled off on the business side of things are the footballing equivalent  as if the club had signed Messi.

Exactly. Ayre showed himself to be more than able in that position, which is where he should have stayed.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
The Summer should see Charlie Adam sold and us buy Moussa Sissoko or the like. We seem to be doing better without him. Surprising? Hardly.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »
The Summer should see Charlie Adam sold and us buy Moussa Sissoko or the like. We seem to be doing better without him. Surprising? Hardly.

I wouldnt necessarily sell Adam but unless his consistency and form improved dramatically he would be sitting on the bench. He is only a squad player. I do agree we need someone else in the middle though. Havent seen enough of Sissoko to know how good he is.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 11:16:52 PM »
I'm just not keen on squad players being brought in if avoidable. I'd prefer to them 'generated' via the first team (a position is improved so the previous first choice becomes the cover) and promotion from the youth team (hopefully to rise through the squad to become a first choice in their position).

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 11:48:27 PM »
I'm just not keen on squad players being brought in if avoidable. I'd prefer to them 'generated' via the first team (a position is improved so the previous first choice becomes the cover) and promotion from the youth team (hopefully to rise through the squad to become a first choice in their position).

Very good point Tes. Theres no reason Kenny shouldnt be using Shelvey and maybe one or two more of the younger players as squad players, thats a very good point you raise. If you need cover dont buy it promote it. I suppose that should tell you if your academy is working.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »
Pure speculation but not the type of speculation that sets the pulses racing or makes you confident in the players Comollis tracking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119569/Liverpool-consider-Udineses-Pablo-Armero.html

Liverpool target Armero after holding talks over £5.5m deal for Udinese man

Liverpool are considering a move for Udinese star Pablo Armero.

The Colombian's representatives were at QPR on Wednesday night to hold talks with senior figures at the Anfield club.

The 25-year-old is valued at around £5.5million and can play left midfield or left-back.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:15 AM »
Pure speculation but not the type of speculation that sets the pulses racing or makes you confident in the players Comollis tracking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119569/Liverpool-consider-Udineses-Pablo-Armero.html

Liverpool target Armero after holding talks over £5.5m deal for Udinese man

Liverpool are considering a move for Udinese star Pablo Armero.

The Colombian's representatives were at QPR on Wednesday night to hold talks with senior figures at the Anfield club.

The 25-year-old is valued at around £5.5million and can play left midfield or left-back.

We need to be smarter than we have been. There are a lot of players that have been brought into the Premiership by the 'lesser' clubs and have been a huge success and gone on to command large fees off bigger clubs. We need to cut out the middleman and make them into the stars ourselves.

Left midfield - signals the dissatisfaction with Downing and left back - Enrique definately needs some competition to keep his performance levels up.
I'd prefer he was a right footed player as that whole side is up for grabs, even right back because of the injury-proneness of Kelly and Johnson.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 12:17:17 AM »
so we're interested in yet another south american.

is this all based around keeping suarez interested in staying at anfield.

there is absolutely no history of liverpool football club being built on a load of south americans. 

why the heck don;t we focus on bringing the best Germans here......I have always felt that Germans are the closest to the way we we played football during our glory days i.e. technically superb, with game-intelligence.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 12:24:07 AM »
so we're interested in yet another south american.

is this all based around keeping suarez interested in staying at anfield.

there is absolutely no history of liverpool football club being built on a load of south americans. 

why the heck don;t we focus on bringing the best Germans here......I have always felt that Germans are the closest to the way we we played football during our glory days i.e. technically superb, with game-intelligence.

The Germans, Dutch and Spanish are my personal favorite.

See Ozil was tweeting his support for LFC recently. Watch this space  ;)!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
The Germans, Dutch and Spanish are my personal favorite.

See Ozil was tweeting his support for LFC recently. Watch this space  ;) !

yes, cannae beat germans, dutch and spanish (and danish too)

ozil looks interesting......wonder tho if he could cope with physical demands of premiership.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 12:34:43 AM »
yes, cannae beat germans, dutch and spanish (and danish too)

ozil looks interesting......wonder tho if he could cope with physical demands of premiership.

He would have to toughen up for the rigors of PL football but Id like to think he could cope.

Danish yes there have always been some very technically gifted Danes. The Laudrups and Molby were class acts. Id love to see us go for Eriksen.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 12:40:52 AM »
Urika can come to (if she wears her black leather attire)!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 12:54:56 AM »
Urika can come to (if she wears her black leather attire)!!!

Is that the one when she dresses up as a three seater settee?

*I'll make no jokes about Archimedes

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 01:02:43 AM »
she used to come over to our region, on a regular basis, to present awards.

And wow, she knew how to dress up back then.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »
We are being consistently linked to Tello, Martinez and now Adebeyor.

Before this season Id never have considered Adebeyor, I think the guys a mercenary. However the way I see it hes better than whats already here so Id probably be more open to the transfer after his season at Spurs.

Apparently United are also after Martinez so i think chances of securing his signature are slim but hes worth a try.

Tello is an interesting player. He looks like he will be a quality player in the next few years. Hes on a free at the end of the season.

All in all i reckon we could get the 3 players above for 40 million, 15 for Adebeyor, 25 for Martinez and Tello on a free. Sell some of the underachievers and I think we would be doing some very good summers business. And depending on who you sell there would possibly be enough cash for one or two more to come in.