December 13, 2019, 03:51:33 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123790 times)

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »
Juan, we will keep buying players and we will still be $h1t.   Why oh why can we not transition players from youth to 1st team?  Why has Sterling only been used once this season, the guy has pace none of which downing and Henderson posses. 

There's just so much wrong with our club the list is endless,

We're a club stuck in the past IMHO. 
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Juan, we will keep buying players and we will still be $h1t.   Why oh why can we not transition players from youth to 1st team?  Why has Sterling only been used once this season, the guy has pace none of which downing and Henderson posses. 

I couldnt agree more Gurdeep with every point you make.

I dont understand the mentality towards some of the players under 20. Clearly age is some sort of barrier because I see no reason why Shelvey hasnt played more with the performances of the midfield this year.

And then as you say we have the likes of Sterling and a few more that could possibly help make a difference but they never get a sniff. Pacheco was the same.

Im just still surprised the likes of Sterling sign for us in the first place because our record of bringing through young talent we purchase into the academy is appalling.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Sell some of the underachievers and I think we would be doing some very good summers business. And depending on who you sell there would possibly be enough cash for one or two more to come in.

If we sell last Summer's buys it will cost us as much if not more to pay up their contracts than what we will receive for them.

The Comolli / Dalglish experiment is proving far too expensive in more ways than one. And we still need more additions to strengthen (and empower with knowledge) the boardroom and executive positions.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »
If we sell last Summer's buys it will cost us as much if not more to pay up their contracts than what we will receive for them.

The Comolli / Dalglish experiment is proving far too expensive in more ways than one. And we still need more additions to strengthen (and empower with knowledge) the boardroom and executive positions.

yes, the experiment of appointing a false messiah, who had last managed some 12 years previously, when sacked after a disastrous 20 month rebuild of Newcastle, has been disastrous.

And not to forget the bizarre signing of a chief scout that arsenal or spurs did not want to retain.

How will our absentee owners ever get clued up.  Ayre, Kenny and the rest of the gang all believe in unity.  Thus the Melwood turkeys are never gonna vote for Christmas.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »

absolutely, Gurdeep.

the appointment of Dalglish, on a permanent contract, was madness.

and he has weighted us down with 100 million quid of turkeys, that we can't offload.  (and don;t forget their salaries too)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »
and he has weighted us down with 100 million quid of turkeys, that we can't offload.  (and don;t forget their salaries too)

It's their salaries that are the biggest obstacle to moving them on. Taking a loss on their purchase price is just a number on paper, however, settling their contracts if they don't ask to leave (and why would they) will cost real money, and lots of, impacting on our ability to purchase suitable replacements.

Didn't Kenny state last Spring he would be careful with FSG's money and use it as if it was his own? So now we know who runs the finances in the Dalglish household.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
Didn't Kenny state last Spring he would be careful with FSG's money and use it as if it was his own? So now we know who runs the finances in the Dalglish household.

;)

aye, who knows, maybe this is why kenny has had to return to management at this point late in his life.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Police have launched a hosepipe amnesty for gardeners and are calling on gardeners to hand in their sprinklers ahead of a summer of drought, says the Independent on Sunday.

Quote A pilot scheme was being trialled yesterday in Kingston-upon-Thames. By midday a queue had already formed on the steps of the police station, as people prepared to hand over a variety of watering and sprinkling systems. Jo Cobley, 42, was waiting with her son Daniel, eight, and her 30m Maxi Pro Hozelock. "It seems a shame because I love my hose," she said, "but it makes sense to hand it in when you've got kids because they might play with it when you're not looking." In return, they were being given a free "I've piped down!" badge.

Just a few hours earlier at the nearby Addison Garden allotments, keen vegetable growers were giving their crops a last water before handing in their hoses. Joan McConn, 65, said she would do so reluctantly.

"They've said that anyone caught with a hose can be kicked off the allotments. There are a lot of snitches and giving it to the police means you can't be accused of anything."

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 12:58:52 AM »
For a small country, surrounded by water, and not exactly known for it's pleasant year round sunny climate, the whole drought thing is another farce.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »
have you handed in your hose yet, Tes?

I am unsure how long the amnesty goes on for.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
have you handed in your hose yet, Tes?

I am unsure how long the amnesty goes on for.

I wouldn't trust them to give it me back. It would probably be lost along with my personl details.  :D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »
I wouldn't trust them to give it me back. It would probably be lost along with my personl details.  :D

:D

think of the wider community tho.    Decommissioning will help the community.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
I agree, the arrival of City has barely being registered and what that means...
(We cling to mad notions like Stevie's gonna save us or is it Suarez now).
The entire squad is 1 man (Mondo Bizarro, imo). Imo, we need to transition
away from the Gerrard era (great memories), the Moores, Hicks & Gillett eras (cup
runs and scraping money together for transfers) & embrace FSG and what they offer.
Imo, the chance to start doing things the right and proper away consistently.

Maybe there have been mistakes and disappointment this season (as there was at
City originally) but it's not all doom and gloom. If we learn from our mistakes, I'm
sure we'll get it right in the end.

What I'd like is an honest assessment from Kenny of the season at the end of it. You know, include
the bad with the good.

There were positives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkvbU5x5yyM

There were negatives:

The Suarez affair - where it all went wrong, imo! (Sucked half a season's worth of energy out of the club,
not even the CC could compensate).

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Maybe there have been mistakes and disappointment this season (as there was at
City originally) but it's not all doom and gloom. If we learn from our mistakes, I'm
sure we'll get it right in the end.

personally, I want the people who demanded the head of Rafa Benitez, to be given the birch, each and every day, for an eternity.

And if I ever want to hear from them again, in this lifetime, I will let them know, by pony express.