December 11, 2019, 04:29:56 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123567 times)

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »
What I'd like is an honest assessment from Kenny of the season at the end of it. You know, include
the bad with the good.

If he was unable to give an honest assessment after the NUFC game it's highly unlikely he will at the end of the season. 
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »
If he was unable to give an honest assessment after the NUFC game it's highly unlikely he will at the end of the season.

I hope Henry et al are not quite as obliging as post match interviewers. He'll have to face up to things and admit his failings.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:55 PM »
I see from todays papers Kuyt is being heavily linked with a move away from the club this summer. Hes been a top player for us and hes someone I wouldnt mind keeping around but I think lack of football may see him go.

Glen Johnson is also being linked with a 16.5 million pound move to Madrid. Hes performed very well at times for us on the back of a couple of poor seasons. With his injury proness and his dodgy defending thats a move out of the club Id probably be willing to let happen. Thats what Id call a sensible sale. Buy in a cheaper younger alternative to challenge Kelly.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
sadly, I think there will be more major repercussions this summer.

with a muppet in the dugout, taking the club to these lows......we will most likely see the remaining technical players leave, e.g. Maxi and possibly Suarez.  Kuyt I think is nailed on to leave.  If I were Kuyt I would go.....given the awful way the lad has been treated.

And I would not be overly surprised to see one or two other departures, e.g. Reina and Johnston.

If you think things are bad now, wait til August to see the grim reality of 18 months of Dalglish in the dugout.

The top team that Benitez created, has been gutted.  The final elements will be gone in the summer. 

Welcome to the brave new world, that so many wished for.

What's that old saying.....  Be careful what you wish for....   
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »
I see from todays papers Kuyt is being heavily linked with a move away from the club this summer. Hes been a top player for us and hes someone I wouldnt mind keeping around but I think lack of football may see him go.

Glen Johnson is also being linked with a 16.5 million pound move to Madrid. Hes performed very well at times for us on the back of a couple of poor seasons. With his injury proness and his dodgy defending thats a move out of the club Id probably be willing to let happen. Thats what Id call a sensible sale. Buy in a cheaper younger alternative to challenge Kelly.

Johnson was excellent at left back and has performed well again this season overall, but as you say Juan, his fitness problems are always there and although Kelly has his fair share he could grow out of them at his age. Gerrard suffered similarly in his early career. We have to balance the age of the purchase. We need experience but not someone who could undermine the development and chances of Kelly and even Flanagan. It would be handy to keep Kelly as a right back as his height is an advantage - he's tall for a full back, but not particularly for a centre half.

Dirk I would keep without a doubt. Big game player, great role model and sets the right example both personally and professionally, both on and off the pitch. He's the true team player and his movement when played up front creates space for others (unfortunately it's not taken advantage of often enough). For some reason Dalglish doesn't seem to appreciate his qualities and what he offers within the team framework.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2012, 11:01:53 PM »
Dalglish sold Moreless last year.  This year, he will most likely sell Kuyt and Maxi.

And he replaces them with shi.te like Adam, Carroll and Downing (and 20 million on Henderson).

Our scottish boss is pure nuts.   

A child would have a better understanding of the game.

FFS     Our owners have to dismiss this nutter before he totally ruins the club.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »
Dalglish sold Moreless last year.  This year, he will most likely sell Kuyt and Maxi.

And he replaces them with shi.te like Adam, Carroll and Downing (and 20 million on Henderson).

Our scottish boss is pure nuts.   

A child would have a better understanding of the game.

FFS     Our owners have to dismiss this nutter before he totally ruins the club.

And take Damien "THE bad OMEN" with him. Stewart Downing is our David Bentley.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »
And take Damien "THE bad OMEN" with him. Stewart Downing is our David Bentley.

absolutely.

the scary thing is, that the club has gone backwards in the past year, with rubbish buys.

thus this summer, we face having to not only to deal with the normal transfer movements, but also we have to replace the rubbish the nutter brought in last summer.  PLUS we have to deal with key players now demanding to leave....and also face the fact that nobody of any note will want to come and join this shambles.

we might need a whole new team this summer, bar two or three exceptions.

it's excruciatingly embarrassing, for all concerned.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
absolutely.

the scary thing is, that the club has gone backwards in the past year, with rubbish buys.

thus this summer, we face having to not only to deal with the normal transfer movements, but also we have to replace the rubbish the nutter brought in last summer.  PLUS we have to deal with key players now demanding to leave....and also face the fact that nobody of any note will want to come and join this shambles.

we might need a whole new team this summer, bar two or three exceptions.

it's excruciatingly embarrassing, for all concerned.

Exactly, Dude. This Summer we've got to redress the regression we've made this season AND improve by the amount we needed to this season in order to challenge AND add in further any improvements the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal make in the Summer. It's a huge ask to go from wherever we end up finishing this season to finishing fourth (in reality the best we can hope for) next season.

And will there be the money needed, and if so, will it be spent in a way that achieves the massive improvement needed?

This season has shown that major changes in adding so many 'first 11' players is very hard to do, so we've got to improve whilst keeping the numbers needing to 'bed in' down to a minimum.

It can partly be achieved by actually getting the maximum out of the existing squad (which certainly hasn't happened this season).

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
Real Madrid prepared to spend to land England international star

With Jose Mourinho questioning Alvaro Arbeloa’s suitability as a first choice right-back at Real Madrid, he has now identified Kyle Walker and Glen Johnson as potential replacements for the former Liverpool man.

Mourinho believes that £16.5million will be enough to land either of the full backs, and has set aside such an amount to budget for a position he has had trouble strengthening since his arrival at the Bernabeu.

He is now looking to rectify that, and although he may face a tougher fight to secure the signature of Walker from Tottenham Hotspur, he is believed to be the Portuguese boss’s preferred target.

Walker has had a breakthrough season at White Hart Lane, establishing himself as first choice right-back under Harry Redknapp and winning his first England cap in the process, and as he is still only 21, Spurs may demand a fee in excess of the £16.5million that Mourinho wishes to pay.

Inclusion in England’s Euro 2012 squad, as expected, would also see Walker’s value further increase, and it appears that the Spanish giants could have to stump up a huge fee to land the former Sheffield United full-back.

With that in mind, Mourinho could instead turn to Liverpool defender Glen Johnson, who has featured more sporadically in the Premier League this season amidst injury troubles.

Despite only signing a contract extension last summer, Johnson would be a cheaper option than Walker due to his age, and could be set for a reunion with Mourinho, who he worked with at Chelsea.

Scouts of Real are high on both players after numerous viewings throughout the season, and it is thought that the club will make the ultimate decision on which player to make a firm offer for come the end of the season.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/champions-league/real-madrid-prepared-to-spend-to-land-england-international-star_101312.html

If Mourinho wants rid of Arbeloa and Johnson wants to go to Real, then let's do a swap deal with Arby and cash coming our way. It could prove to be an excellent deal for us, getting a top quality player and some cash to go into the transfer pot, whilst additionally further lowering the wage bill as Arbeloa wouldn't be on the crazy salary Johnson is.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
Exactly, Dude. This Summer we've got to redress the regression we've made this season AND improve by the amount we needed to this season in order to challenge AND add in further any improvements the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal make in the Summer. It's a huge ask to go from wherever we end up finishing this season to finishing fourth (in reality the best we can hope for) next season.

And will there be the money needed, and if so, will it be spent in a way that achieves the massive improvement needed?

This season has shown that major changes in adding so many 'first 11' players is very hard to do, so we've got to improve whilst keeping the numbers needing to 'bed in' down to a minimum.

It can partly be achieved by actually getting the maximum out of the existing squad (which certainly hasn't happened this season).

yes, regardless of how many he brings in, Kenny is useless at building a side, and useless at tactics.

unless we get the manager right, and the chief scout, and the chief executive.....we are going nowhere.  Well, actually our present lemons are totally ruining the club.  Doing nothing, is not an option this summer.  These nutters have to be shown the door.

I'd recruit Parry......and possibly david dein on a part time consultancy basis.

I'd look at who the top scouts are.....I am drawn towards graham carr at newcastle....he could well be a good recruit, as our new chief scout.

I'd bring in Benitez or O'Neill.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:47:06 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
yes, regardless of how many he brings in, Kenny is useless at building a side, and useless at tactics.

unless we get the manager right, and the chief scout, and the chief executive.....we are going nowhere.  Well, actually our present lemons are totally ruining the club.  Doing nothing, is not an option this summer.  These nutters have to be shown the door.

I'd recruit Parry......and possibly david dein on a part time consultancy basis.

I'd look at who the top scouts are.....I am drawn towards graham carr at newcastle....he could well be a good recruit, as our new chief scout.

I'd bring in Benitez or O'Neill.

Dein could easily be incorporated onto the board. The owners do things from a distance (no problem there, it seems to work for the Mancs) and Dein wouldn't need to be present at the club, simply a phone call or email away. Let Parry oversee and put the owners wishes into action, afterall they'd have the ideas, unlike Moores who left everything to Art. Ayer gets on and does what he does best - deal making. Then we just need a negotiator for transfers, contracts and to aid Ayer with the more complex deals - two heads and all that. Parry would be the perfect fit to get himself on to an FA committee or two, give us a seat at the table of power, like the Mancs have with Gill. Werner's the media expert so Art wouldn't need to be the ideas man in that direction (again unlike with Moores).

I'd trust the combined knowledge of Parry and Dein and their contacts to make the right managerial change. First job of the new board - issue our DOF with a P45.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:33:33 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2012, 07:57:04 PM »
exactly.

now if only you and me were in charge of the running of the club.

we'd make these appointments in the forthcoming weeks.

unfortunately, as we have said many times, how do the yankee owners make correct senior employee selection decisions, when they get no good guidance.   

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
Need to take the kids into account and what this YouthGen
series means in terms of attracting YOUNG Champions League
type players. Perhaps we're more attractive than other clubs
for 15, 16, 17 year olds. Means we don't have to worry about FFP.

Anyway, Borrell has the reserves playing some very attractive footie
at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL9Jj-6LCBw&list=UU9LQwHZoucFT94I2h6JOcjw&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
Need to take the kids into account and what this YouthGen
series means in terms of attracting YOUNG Champions League
type players. Perhaps we're more attractive than other clubs
for 15, 16, 17 year olds. Means we don't have to worry about FFP.

Anyway, Borrell has the reserves playing some very attractive footie
at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL9Jj-6LCBw&list=UU9LQwHZoucFT94I2h6JOcjw&index=1&feature=plcp

Although it's the long route to success, if we can elevate ourselves to the level of Ajax, Barca or even Arsenal, then we could attract some of the future stars, who in turn could help us achieve more. Allied to finding the next "insert name" before others do, we can build top teams in the future without the need to spend stupid sums on a bunch of galacticos. I can at least dream.