December 11, 2019, 04:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123577 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Looks like Kenny's already decided how he's going to fund his next sweetshop trolley dash:

Kuyt lured back to former club Feyenoord with promise of coaching role

11 April 2012

Feyenoord are willing to offer Dirk Kuyt a coaching role in an attempt to entice him back to Holland in the summer.

Kuyt, 31, can leave Anfield for £1m, but the Dutch side can only offer a £1m-a-year salary, which is far short of rivals such as Fiorentina.

Meanwhile, Liverpool continue to monitor Atalanta winger Ezequiel Schelotto, 22.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2128406/Feyenoord-entice-Dirk-Kuyt-Liverpool-coaching-role.html

So we've not learned from letting Sami go and not offering him a coaching role.

Still, Carra's doing his coaching badges so we're saved.

Carra and Gerra, the brains of the operation.  We should bring in Gazza and Tony Adams too.  What those four don't know about football isn;t worth knowing!  And don't forget Incy.    Those five wouldn;t fear a Cambodian style intelligence cull. 

Badges, badges......we don't need no stinkin' badges!

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:58 PM »
Drenthe prepared to cross Merseyside divide as Liverpool eye summer swoop

15 April 2012

Royston Drenthe could be set for a controversial switch to Liverpool this summer.
The Real Madrid winger is on loan at Everton but is prepared to cross the Merseyside divide.
The Anfield are reportedly willing to match the 25-year-old’s £80,000-a-week wages to sign him on a permanent deal.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish sees Drenthe as a key part of his summer rebuilding plans.
The Dutch international has impressed in patches since joining the Goodison Park club last August.
He has scored four goals and made seven assists for David Moyes' side but was dropped as Everton lost to Sunderland in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday amid rumours of a breach of discipline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130023/Liverpool-want-Royston-Drenthe.html

I'm sure Everton won't be paying him £80k a week, so why should we? He's not getting anywhere at Real so he may as well move on.
Give him half of that to begin with and then let him prove he's worth the rest.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »
excatly.

and from all I hear, the lad comes with baggage, lots of attitude.

he needs a tough manager, to lay down the law.

dalglish is the opposite......the teacher whose pupils walk circles around.  I think this lad would be bad business.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »
I think this lad would be bad business.
Geez, Drenthe..."How often do you have sex?"...."Do you mean with my wife?".

Dunno if I could support the team still (i don't care how good he's supposed to be).
Might take a season out...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
Geez, Drenthe..."How often do you have sex?"...."Do you mean with my wife?".

:D  I always said Ryan Giggs was a poor role model.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2012, 12:07:14 AM »
and from all I hear, the lad comes with baggage, lots of attitude.

Only about as much as Kings Cross lost baggage office.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »
Some hypotheticals here Tes,

We retain all or most of the recent signings...surely then that's
our core team for the league next season?

Do Kuyt & Maxi have a future as experienced squad players?

What about Carra & Gerrard?

Is their enough quality coming through, to promote one or two
to the bench?

Kelly, Spearing and Shelvey remain?

Granted, there's now one more competition to provide games for all of these...

Do we need some big name signings (can we get the right ones?)?

Hmmm....is fourth a target next season?  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2012, 01:10:03 AM »
Some hypotheticals here Tes,

We retain all or most of the recent signings...surely then that's
our core team for the league next season?

Adam is the only one financially we can afford to let go.

They should have. Goalscorers and big game players can be a handy asset.

I'll let Dude 'fill his boots' with this one.

Is their enough quality coming through, to promote one or two
to the bench?

Maybe some cameo roles. More likely the season after.

Kelly, Spearing and Shelvey remain?

Hopefully. They've all got something to offer.

Granted, there's now one more competition to provide games for all of these...

What like 'Vennegoor of Hesselink'? They don't get much bigger. I'd always rather we made our own 'big names'.

Hmmm....is fourth a target next season?  ;D

It can always be a target, though is it achieveable? When the Summer window closes we'll have a much better idea.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
Hamburg want Liverpool FC's Dirk Kuyt

by Ian Doyle  Apr 18 2012

HAMBURG have joined the queue of clubs trying to tempt Dirk Kuyt away from Liverpool this summer.

Kuyt has been linked with a departure from Anfield after losing his first-team place under Kenny Dalglish this season.

The Dutchman’s former club Feyenoord have already expressed an interest in taking back the 31-year-old to his homeland, while Italian side Roma are also tracking the player.

Now German Bundesliga outfit Hamburg, who reached the Europa League quarter-finals this season, are keen on Kuyt, who has scored 71 goals in 279 appearances for Liverpool.

Kuyt will soon enter the final year of his contract, with this summer realistically Liverpool’s final chance to gain a fee for the forward they splashed out £9m to sign

in August 2006.

The Holland international was an unused substitute in last Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final victory over Everton at Wembley.

But Kuyt is hopeful he can repeat his knack of scoring in the big games when it comes to next month’s final against Chelsea.

He has scored in both the 2007 Champions League final and February’s Carling Cup final triumph over Cardiff City.

“I am proud that, after the Champions League final and the final of the Carling Cup, for the third time I am with Liverpool in a final,” said Kuyt.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2012/04/18/hamburg-want-liverpool-fc-s-dirk-kuyt-55578-30782475/

I can see us not having learned from letting Sami go. We need to offer Dirk a player-coach role for next season onwards. Letting him go will come back and bite us on the bottom in the future.

Carra or Sami and Dirk as coaches? I know which is my preferrred option.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
Crewe Alex: Youth star Dan Smith leaves for Liverpool in six-figure deal

Apr 18 2012 by Peter Morse

CREWE Alex have lost their battle to stop highly-rated midfielder Dan Smith leaving for the Premier League, the Chronicle can reveal.

The Alex hoped the England youth international would stay after his proposed switch to Manchester City fell through last month.

But it has emerged Liverpool hijacked the move and sealed a six-figure deal for the 16-year-old.

Club insiders are devastated at the loss of the star prospect who was painstakingly developed at the Alex academy.

But the fee, thought to be about £300,000 with extra for appearances, will ease financial pressure following the £1m loss posted in their latest accounts.

Alex spokesman Rob Wilson said: “We are naturally disappointed that Dan has decided to sign for Liverpool.

“The club has received an undisclosed fee and future add-ons but we would have much preferred to have seen him play for our first team.”

Smith, from Staffordshire, who is in his final year at secondary school, arrived at Crewe, aged 11.

He quickly progressed, earned international honours and caught the eye of scouts across the country.

He signed scholarship forms with the Alex but soon saw his future elsewhere.

Smith used social networking site Twitter to announce his move, posting a picture of himself alongside manager Kenny Dalglish under the message ‘signing for Liverpool’.

His departure is a blow to Crewe’s mission to keep their best young players but academy director James Collins has already reassured fans it will not unsettle other youngsters.

And the cash injection could strengthen the Alex’s bargaining position when big clubs come calling for Nick Powell in the summer.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/crewe-alex-fc/crewe-alex-fc-news/2012/04/18/crewe-alex-youth-star-dan-smith-leaves-for-liverpool-in-six-figure-deal-96135-30781241/

First thing he needs to do is shut that 'Tw@tter' account.

It's good to see us beat the moneybags Mancs etc to the punch.

We need to get Txiki Begiristain in asap and start creating something stable and consistent from the juniors upwards and keep stability from manager to manager and create a identity in the way we play and be prepared to promote youngsters into the squad and look to create our own 'big names'.
We'd have an increased chance then of attracting top youngsters as they would see how they would be playing and understnd they had a chance 'to make it' here.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
Only about as much as Kings Cross lost baggage office.

was reading that everton have told him not to come in, after he turned up late *again* pre the FA Cup semi-final (for which he was dropped from the squad).

the lad is trouble......typical dutch trouble.

and he;s only scored something like 4  goals in 27 odd games for the toffeenoses.....so he;s no real loss anyway.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »

they are top technical lads and never give us a moment of trouble.  Crucial we keep them (at what cost do you replace them at....and who exactly would one get). 

But the muppet in the dugout will probably sell each for a million and replace them with two 16 year old english lads, John Bull Cromwell and Steven Winston Lancaster, for  20 million each. 

Carra should have been gone three years ago.  He's been over the hill that long.  He would take no further part in the club, if I ran it.   But the dimwit in the dugout will want to pick his mate for the first team, til his legs fall off, or the grease-nipple in his knee-joints fails to work.   The dimwit will want to keep Carra at the club, in a coaching capacity for the rest of our natural lives.  Like I mean, it;s difficult finding (in the mdoern premiership era) someone who can train lads in the victorian art of hoofing the ball like a big farm lad, into the big blue yonder.

As for Gerrard.  Either play him on the right, or sell him.  I have said it for a decade, we will win no title while he is in, or at the core of our team.The dimwit will keep him at Liverpool for the rest of his life, assuming Captain Marvel isn't lured to the BBC studios as a Match of the Day pundit, after hanging up his boots, to replace Lawrenson.   

small name signings are best - e.g. case, neal, rush, wark, whelan, molby, alonso, etc.

Hmmm....is fourth a target next season? ;D

with dimwit in charge, eighth to tenth is a reasonable target.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
We need to get Txiki Begiristain in asap

wonder if Brendan Rodgers knows any spanish

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
Was watching a great tie in the Europa league semi between Bilbao & Lisbon
just there. Some very very interesting young talent (early 20s) on display getting
experience in big games in Europe.

I note also a certain Emiliano Insua (played a blinder in the 1st half) definitely not
looking out of his depth, scored the equaliser & the celebration says it all imo.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/emiliano-insua-sporting-lisbon-v-athletic-bilbao/

hmmm....(kind of annoying 'cos we needed to rest Enrique more this season and also keep
him on his toes!).

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
Was very pleased to here us being interested in Sweden's Rasmus Elm. A very calm and talented player with a brilliant left foot. Have a feeling he'll be better known after the Euro's.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.