December 14, 2019, 10:16:09 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123999 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
Was very pleased to here us being interested in Sweden's Rasmus Elm. A very calm and talented player with a brilliant left foot. Have a feeling he'll be better known after the Euro's.

Have you seen much of him, Martin?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Have you seen much of him, Martin?

To be fair only when playing for the national side. Made a huge contribution to help Sweden turn the game against Holland around to see us win 3-2 last autumn. The result helped us through to the finals. Taggart was very close to sign him last summer. IMHO, he has the mentality and qualities we need. He's calm on the ball and always play for the team, has a brilliant left foot that often threats both from open play and set pieces. He ain't no Maradona but much much better than Adam or Henderson the way I see it.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me to see Reina move on this Summer and now might be the right time to cash in. He's certainly not preformed in the last two seasons to the standards he set himself previously.

Chelsea have held onto Cech too long, and we don't want to make the same mistake. He's going to want and deserves a chance of playing CL football at this stage of his career.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »
I'd be very sad to see him leave.....hard to replace (especially for the muppets that we have in charge of scouting/mgt at Anfield).

his average form of the past year or two must be viewed in the context of a poor team balance in front of him, and a central defence that consists of a pensioner that should have been retired three seasons ago.  And Johnston is no great shakes as a full back.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2012, 12:30:24 AM »
I'd be very sad to see him leave.....hard to replace (especially for the muppets that we have in charge of scouting/mgt at Anfield).

his average form of the past year or two must be viewed in the context of a poor team balance in front of him, and a central defence that consists of a pensioner that should have been retired three seasons ago.  And Johnston is no great shakes as a full back.

Maybe both player and club need to go their seperate ways for different reasons, Dude, but I definately agree he'll be a tough act to follow and whoever arrives would have some huge gloves to fill. I feel a Ray Clemence moment approaching this Summer for Pepe.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
Maybe both player and club need to go their seperate ways for different reasons, Dude, but I definately agree he'll be a tough act to follow and whoever arrives would have some huge gloves to fill. I feel a Ray Clemence moment approaching this Summer for Pepe.

I think that under Rafa or Martin, that he will excel again, Tes.

These are often a keeper's best years.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2012, 11:32:20 PM »
Sheer lunacy if we give up on Pepe...we should do all we can to keep him...
can't think of any other keeper in the prem who is better...cech/friedel still has his moments but past it...wouldn't want de gea...
letting him go means we have no ambition and it shows the world that we have none...
we have to keep our best players and if we can't convince Pepe of the project ahead then we really are in the wilderness...

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »
Once Xavi Valero returns in the summer, Pepe will be awesome again.

Plus who'd we replace him with? probably target the likes of Vorm, Al-Haabsi, Lloris. GK's who haven't got the character and mental toughness of Reina.

Reina is a leader and we need as many of them around as possible.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »
Once Xavi Valero returns in the summer, Pepe will be awesome again.

Plus who'd we replace him with? probably target the likes of Vorm, Al-Haabsi, Lloris. GK's who haven't got the character and mental toughness of Reina.

Reina is a leader and we need as many of them around as possible.

If Reina were to go Id be straight in for Krul not that I think we'd have any chance of signing him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
LIVERPOOL TARGET MOMO DIAME

LIVERPOOL are set to make Wigan midfielder Momo Diame their first signing of the summer.

Diame is out of contract after rejecting a new deal and the Reds are set to get him on a free.
But they could face competition from neighbours Everton.
Diame, 24, wants to leave Wigan after losing his place in Roberto Martinez’s starting line-up.
The powerful midfielder, who joined Latics from Spanish club Rayo Vallecano, is a French-born Senegal international and can expect to double his money to £60,000 -a-week if the move goes ahead.

Diame will create cover and provide extra competition in the Reds’ midfield.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251041/Liverpool-target-Momo-Diame/

Why double his wages? Give him the £30K he's on now and let him prove he's worth double that.

If he's not happy at losing his place in the team, why would he be any happier to sit on our bench than he is to sit on Wigan's (apart from twice as much money)?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »
exactly.

and if the bloke cannot get into the wigan team, led by lancashire's messiah Roberto Mancini, then what in under goodness suggests he could get into Liverpool's team.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »
if the bloke cannot get into the wigan team, led by lancashire's messiah Roberto Martinez, then what in under goodness suggests he could get into Liverpool's team.

simples dude....cos kenny says so...

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »
LIVERPOOL TARGET MOMO DIAME

LIVERPOOL are set to make Wigan midfielder Momo Diame their first signing of the summer.

Diame is out of contract after rejecting a new deal and the Reds are set to get him on a free.
But they could face competition from neighbours Everton.
Diame, 24, wants to leave Wigan after losing his place in Roberto Martinez’s starting line-up.
The powerful midfielder, who joined Latics from Spanish club Rayo Vallecano, is a French-born Senegal international and can expect to double his money to £60,000 -a-week if the move goes ahead.

Diame will create cover and provide extra competition in the Reds’ midfield.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251041/Liverpool-target-Momo-Diame/

Why double his wages? Give him the £30K he's on now and let him prove he's worth double that.

If he's not happy at losing his place in the team, why would he be any happier to sit on our bench than he is to sit on Wigan's (apart from twice as much money)?

Free transfers just dont work.

Bellamy was the exception but Id argue that 95% of the players we sign on a free transfer never make a positive impact on the first team and just eat up cash on excessive wages. With a club of our size if you wouldnt be prepared to pay for a player I dont see the point in signing them on a free.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »
Free transfers just dont work.

Bellamy was the exception but Id argue that 95% of the players we sign on a free transfer never make a positive impact on the first team

free transfers can work.....but like you say often don''t..........one has to examine the reasons that the player is leaving their previous club.

if they are the type to run down their contract, then you have to ask if you want that type of money grabber at your club......i.e. is he joining you for the right reasons.