December 11, 2019, 04:29:17 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123565 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »
The Mail are reporting that Adeybeyor will sign for Spurs for 6 million. Not bad but he is commanding a 4 million signing on fee and 115k a week in wages.

They are also reporting Chelsea are on the verge of signing the highly rated young Brazilian Oscar that Spurs have been chasing. They claim hes costing 25 million. I cant wait for the wheels to come off for Di Matteo because they will. Unfortunately for us I reckon Guardiola will be waiting in the wings.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
The Mail are reporting that Adeybeyor will sign for Spurs for 6 million. Not bad but he is commanding a 4 million signing on fee and 115k a week in wages.

They are also reporting Chelsea are on the verge of signing the highly rated young Brazilian Oscar that Spurs have been chasing. They claim hes costing 25 million. I cant wait for the wheels to come off for Di Matteo because they will. Unfortunately for us I reckon Guardiola will be waiting in the wings.

Spurs are pushing the boat out with their wage cap appearing to be very 'elastic'. Bale has just signed a new deal and I wonder what he and Modric make of Ade's deal.

Abramovich seems to have gone back on making Chelsea self sufficient and break even. He appears confident that FFP won't be a problem. Maybe that doesn't bode so well.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:49 AM »
Rofl  ;D ;D hilarious Ed brilliant reaction to Spearing.

He really shouldnt be still here but lets see what Rodgers can do with him.
Lol, i thought we'd sold him to Bolton!

Dunno, maybe like you say Rodgers can improve (educate) him but to me he looked way out of his
depth in the FA cup final. Rodgers (for reasons best known to himself) seems to be really playing
the homegrown card, lionising Gerrard & Carra and now this. Tbh, i don't get it.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
A lot of speculation on Carroll going out on loan which personally i think is sheer insanity...

To be fair...in the last 2 months of the season (and for euro 2012) andy hinted at better things to come from him...
And if andy can't adapt to the new system then by all means sell him....but as he hasn't even played in the new system this seems a little odd to me...what happens if stevie g doesn't adapt? Are we going to loan him off as well?
And what the feck are we doing loaning out players anyways??? Have we come to this? Desperate that we get some other team to pay for some of the wages? Do we learn anything? We sent out Cole and Aquilani last year and how did this benefit us? Both players would have added something different to our woeful midfield last year...

...if silvio berlusconi wants him then he can fork out 25 mil for him...if not, then tough.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
Lol, i thought we'd sold him to Bolton!

We had but they brought him back and asked for a refund.

Rodgers (for reasons best known to himself) seems to be really playing
the homegrown card, lionising Gerrard & Carra and now this. Tbh, i don't get it.

Unless it's his way of getting the fans on side, which IMHO is a cheap stunt, then I don't understand why he's picked those two out for special praise either.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
Unless it's his way of getting the fans on side, which IMHO is a cheap stunt, then I don't understand why he's picked those two out for special praise either.
Aha! It's all stunts imo, like what you'd expect from Phil Brown and any other manager that
runs a small club. We'll be dressing up as Elvis next and who knows maybe Carra will don the
big chicken suit of our new mascot.

Credit to Kenny (whatever you think about his management) he quietly went about his business in
his own reticent manner (granted it could be irritating when he limited his vocabulary to one word
in interviews...fantastic). I prefer tell 'em nothing than making us look like some small club that
just arrived in the Premiership. I've nothing against us quietly going about our business with the
occasional heads up from the manager when he feels he has something important to impart to the
fans.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »
Aha! It's all stunts imo, like what you'd expect from Phil Brown and any other manager that
runs a small club. We'll be dressing up as Elvis next and who knows maybe Carra will don the
big chicken suit of our new mascot.

Credit to Kenny (whatever you think about his management) he quietly went about his business in
his own reticent manner (granted it could be irritating when he limited his vocabulary to one word
in interviews...fantastic). I prefer tell 'em nothing than making us look like some small club that
just arrived in the Premiership. I've nothing against us quietly going about our business with the
occasional heads up from the manager when he feels he has something important to impart to the
fans.

Agreed, Ed, we're hearing a bit too much from Brendan at the moment. Talk about philosophy, or his football beliefs etc, but give nothing away about any aspect of our business and don't talk about individuals unless asked a specific question, to which you give an answer lacking detail.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
Where has all this talk of Carroll going out on loan come from? And what would be the point?

You don't put a player that cost that much in the shop window by sending him out on loan - sell him or keep him, no half measures.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »
Liverpool eye up move for French starlet

By Jamie Sanderson | Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Liverpool are eyeing up a move for out-of-contract Monaco forward Amadou Diallo.

The 18-year-old, who quit the French Second Division side last month, refused to sign a new deal in order to push through a switch to England, and has interested a number of Premier League clubs.

Arsenal, Newcastle and Fulham are all thought to be admirers of Diallo, but Liverpool have jumped the queue, and are now planning on offering the powerful winger, who can also play through the middle, a week-long trial.

A graduate from the famous Clairefontaine academy in France, Diallo is a boyhood Reds fan, and hopes to win a place in the reserve team at Anfield, if he can impress in training.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120711/liverpool-eye-move-french-starlet-176360

Hopefully he's more Anelka than N'Gog.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »
madness to loan our latest mistake out.

sell Carroll and be done with it.  Even if it only brings in 15 to 20 million.

I cringe when I think of many of the players that Dalglish bought during his periods at anfield........and cringe even worse, when I think of the lads he sold or refused to play (aldridge, beardsley, mereless, etc).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
madness to loan our latest mistake out.

sell Carroll and be done with it.  Even if it only brings in 15 to 20 million.

I cringe when I think of many of the players that Dalglish bought during his periods at anfield........and cringe even worse, when I think of the lads he sold or refused to play (aldridge, beardsley, mereless, etc).

It's hard to imagine us bringing in even 50% of what we paid out if his buys were to be sold. If we send Carroll out on loan it's an admission we made a huge error and that he's not wanted. His value will plummit and yet again we'll be held over a barrel. Why do we always seem to compound one mistake with another?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
It's hard to imagine us bringing in even 50% of what we paid out if his buys were to be sold. If we send Carroll out on loan it's an admission we made a huge error and that he's not wanted. His value will plummit and yet again we'll be held over a barrel. Why do we always seem to compound one mistake with another?

Rick Parry.

we've never replaced him.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »
Where has all this talk of Carroll going out on loan come from? And what would be the point?

You don't put a player that cost that much in the shop window by sending him out on loan - sell him or keep him, no half measures.
Agree, imo, BR is being naive with the press and i'd also argue that he's being disrespectful
toward Carroll in public. He could have simply batted the Carroll question away. Of course when
the subject of Suarez comes up, it's a different matter. The press should know about what's happening
with Andy when it's been sorted out behind closed doors. Not impressed, going to be a long season...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
Rodgers talks too much.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
Rodgers talks too much.
I think he has the gift of the gab?