December 11, 2019, 04:55:18 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123580 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
LIVERPOOL TARGET £10M OLYMPIACOS ACE KEVIN MIRALLAS

16th July 2012   By Greg Heffer

LIVERPOOL boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing Olympiacos ace Kevin Mirallas, according to reports.

The 24-year-old is thought to be keen on a move to the Premier League, with Anfield his preferred destination.

Rodgers has targeted the Belgian international, who can play either out wide or up front, as he looks to strengthen his forward line.

Dutchman Dirk Kuyt has already left Merseyside this summer, with Maxi Rodriguez and Andy Carroll likely to follow him out the exit door.

And Mirallas, who scored an impressive 20 goals in just 25 league matches last season, will certainly be able to provide the firepower that Liverpool are looking for.

The former St Etienne star, who is also being watched by Arsenal, is thought to be available for a modest £10million fee.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/262505/Liverpool-target-10m-Olympiacos-ace-Kevin-Mirallas/

It would be nice to think that we were going after this sort of player at this sort of price, instead of repeating the ruinous route we travelled last Summer.

What would be even better is if we could produce our own young players like this, and even more so if they were English. It would just make a refreshing change for this country.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »
Newcastle play waiting game after Liverpool dismiss bid for Andy Carroll

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/newcastle-play-waiting-game-after-liverpool-dismiss-bid-for-andy-carroll-3170429.html

What worries me is now they shown they want him back, even though their opening offer is risable, we could very well have to accept a low ball offer or be left with an unsettled and unhappy player.

What Carroll needs to remember is that Newcastle sold him against his will, chose money over the good of the player and despite all that the Geordi fans still turned on him and put the blame at his door.

Meanwhile our club showed incredible, eyewatering belief in him to the tune of £35M and he  was given total support and backing by the manager throughout his time here despite being poor and looking disinterested for a lot of the time.

We may not want him but Rodgers has to show the same will where money is concerned as he did with the Sigurdsson transfer. 

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
worries me is now they shown they want him back, even though their opening offer is risable, we could very well have to accept a low ball offer or be left with an unsettled and unhappy player.
Tbh Tes, I'd say he's on his way back to Newcastle at this stage.

At the beginning Rodgers would have praised him to the sky instead of giving a lukewarm
endorsement of Carroll's future at the club. After the first bid from Newcastle, they'd have
issued a point blank statement on Carroll's future with the club and ended it. I think the deal
is in the works and it's just a question of reaching a compromise now.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »
Anyway, it's besides the point, this Newcastle bid is just making us look ridiculous again. It's symptomatic
of the air of cluelessness that surrounds our club these days over the slightest thing. Once again a smaller
club is dictating the agenda, there's no leadership being provided and the story drags on the media for
days.

Agreed Ed. This audio clip wont do anything to improve your mood on the situation. By all accounts Carroll is leaving Liverpool. He was announced in the squad for America but hasnt traveled. According to this piece Liverpool have been pushing him towards other clubs since the end of last week. They want rid. Its worth a listen but as I say it doesnt make for good listening.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/120716/hickman-newcastle-are-seat-take-carroll-liverpool-176772

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
Tbh Tes, I'd say he's on his way back to Newcastle at this stage.

Its no coincidence we are so poor when it comes to negotiations. I never understand why we cant play hardball in situations like these, set a price of say 20 million and basically keep the player unless the price is met. I understand we could potentially be left with an unhappy player but I think most players are professional enough to keep up a good level of performance even if a move doesnt materialise. It worked with the Alonso transfer, we got our 35 million and Alonso was on fire in his final season despite wanting to go.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
Another Suso video, the final against Greece.

I think we possibly have our own Spanish Jack Wilshire in the making. He could possibly make a small first team impact this season because he looks like the exact sort of player Rodgers will look to implement into his  system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tWtvTkP_5II

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
Carroll update from the BBC, Newcastle are expected to come back with another loan offer with a view to signing the player for 13 million.

Liverpool want 20 million plus. I hope they stand firm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
Hi hope you are all well. I have some news for you that I am sure you are aware of in terms of transfer business.

Newcastle offered us 40% of Carroll's wages (i.e. around £35,000 p/w) for the loan deal plus £13m at the end of the season. This was rejected, as you know, out of hand.

It says in the papers we want £20m. We don't.

We will accept Newcastle paying 100% of the wages on a season long loan deal plus a guaranteed fee of £16m for Carroll at the end of next season. If Newcastle offer that then we will accept.

Bellamy is off to Cardiff.

As I am sure you know we want Dempsey. However we aren't willing to pay the fee Fulham want. We have offered Adam in part exchange. Fulham well Jol wants Downing. However when we told them it'll be £12m plus Dempsey for Downing they have since cooled their interest in dealing with us.

Aquilani and Cole are unlikely to be here on September 1st. Depends if Rodgers can sign the midfielder he wants (Allen). If not then both will stay.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
Its no coincidence we are so poor when it comes to negotiations. I never understand why we cant play hardball in situations like these, set a price of say 20 million and basically keep the player unless the price is met. I understand we could potentially be left with an unhappy player but I think most players are professional enough to keep up a good level of performance even if a move doesnt materialise. It worked with the Alonso transfer, we got our 35 million and Alonso was on fire in his final season despite wanting to go.

Modric was hardly strolling around, with his hands in his pockets, lazily kicking at stones either, last season was he?

We don't sell him back to the Geordies, period. Buy him for £35m from a club that at the time were beneath us. Watch that money buy them a position above us, and sell him back to that same club at a loss of £15M+.
£20M loan fee for 18 months.

Whatever we do, yet again, we're going to look like rank amateurs. FSG have presided over a few disasters now. They have yet to make up for their own lack of subject knowledge with the proper appointments that render it irrelevant. What is the most worrying thing, more than who we buy or sell, is that they don't look like making the neccessary appointments. Is it ego or ignorance? Either way it's like the Queen Mary's anchor on a rowing boat.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2012, 10:47:22 PM »
Hi hope you are all well. I have some news for you that I am sure you are aware of in terms of transfer business.

Newcastle offered us 40% of Carroll's wages (i.e. around £35,000 p/w) for the loan deal plus £13m at the end of the season. This was rejected, as you know, out of hand.

It says in the papers we want £20m. We don't.

We will accept Newcastle paying 100% of the wages on a season long loan deal plus a guaranteed fee of £16m for Carroll at the end of next season. If Newcastle offer that then we will accept.

Bellamy is off to Cardiff.

As I am sure you know we want Dempsey. However we aren't willing to pay the fee Fulham want. We have offered Adam in part exchange. Fulham well Jol wants Downing. However when we told them it'll be £12m plus Dempsey for Downing they have since cooled their interest in dealing with us.

Aquilani and Cole are unlikely to be here on September 1st. Depends if Rodgers can sign the midfielder he wants (Allen). If not then both will stay.

Carroll's book value will be circa £19.1M by the end of this season. That means we only lose £3M. Also, we save his wages for a year and only have to pay an arrangement for 3 remaining years, not 4. In terms of the books, that's not as bad a deal as it would seem. In fact, that deal would suit us better than selling him for £20M this Summer.

Downing's book value is circa £15M so I can see why they have backed off. That values Dempsey at £3M in the deal. If we're talking about Adam, value wise it should be a straight swap.

Good to see us looking to rid ourselves of Adam. Aquilani simply doesn't want to play in the PL or live in England and you can see the sense in getting rid of Joe Cole's wages as we could pay out the same over four years as we'll pay him over two and get better and longer term value for our money.

Bellamy's no surprise, but we need to replace his pace but for what we're paying him we should be getting two games a week for our money.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
Agreed Ed. This audio clip wont do anything to improve your mood on the situation. By all accounts Carroll is leaving Liverpool. He was announced in the squad for America but hasnt traveled. According to this piece Liverpool have been pushing him towards other clubs since the end of last week. They want rid. Its worth a listen but as I say it doesnt make for good listening.
Yeah, this business about not having paid the full amount, means it's a dead cert Newcastle are in the driving seat and no
doubt the fat guy who owns them will do some grandstanding in front of the toon faithful by making us look ridiculous on the deal
(my understanding is like Spurs, they can play hard ball up there).

How long before we start hearing Borini needs a season to settle...

Its no coincidence we are so poor when it comes to negotiations. I never understand why we cant play hardball in situations like these.
Yeah, we've become a soft touch.

We don't sell him back to the Geordies, period. Buy him for £35m from a club that at the time were beneath us. Watch that money buy them a position above us, and sell him back to that same club at a loss of £15M+.£20M loan fee for 18 months.
Just can't see us getting it right on the pitch while we continue to blunder about with transfers. Shambles.

Depends if Rodgers can sign the midfielder he wants (Allen).
Gee ed, wtf is Allen. I mean Maradona yes i know that surname  ;)

Carroll's book value will be circa £19.1M by the end of this season. That means we only lose £3M. Also, we save his wages for a year and only have to pay an arrangement for 3 remaining years, not 4. In terms of the books, that's not as bad a deal as it would seem. In fact, that deal would suit us better than selling him for £20M this Summer..
Tes, i think you need to give the forum a tutorial on transfer business math  :)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2012, 01:52:15 AM »
We don't have a thread for this, but here goes:

Does anyone know what this dude's role within the most successful club in
English football is...?

https://twitter.com/JenChang88

::)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
We don't have a thread for this, but here goes:

Does anyone know what this dude's role within the most successful club in
English football is...?

https://twitter.com/JenChang88

::)

Replacement for Ian Cotton, who's name simply wasn't 'funky enough'.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Mirallas, scorer of 34 league goals in 49 starts, has a buy-out clause of €8.25million (£6.4million), or the cost of a Clint Dempsey.