December 10, 2019, 04:54:15 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 123396 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
If the internet is to be believed Tello looks to be staying in Spain and Sahin is far from signed up either.

Lets wait and see.....

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »
If the internet is to be believed Tello looks to be staying in Spain and Sahin is far from signed up either.

Lets wait and see.....

I think Tello signing a new contract was always going to happen. Barca have 'secured the value on an asset' and Tello gives himself security. It's not surprising if we end up with neither as there's better options out there for both of them.

There's too many sources of information and things can snowball. I think we've got to be realistic and think the Dempseys and the Johnsons are our level and believe the Tellos and Sahins when they're holding the scarf upside down with Rodgers beaming next to them. Transfer stories take on a life of their own. Hve we even had it confirmed that we've got any offer in for Tello. There's somehing in us wanting Sahin due to Mourinho and Alonso stories, but too many papers then interpret that as we lead the chase or that things are now in our favour.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
Everton are to complete the £5.3m signing of Olympiakos striker Kevin Mirallas. I hope we don't live to regret this one, too.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
And if the Mirror can be believed two more bits of good news:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-nuri-sahin-loan-1262780

Tello may not be such a bad situation as we can utilise Pacheco and Sterling and then decide if Tello's needed in January.

Plus:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-charlie-adam-is-an-everton-1262356

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »
I think Tello signing a new contract was always going to happen. Barca have 'secured the value on an asset' and Tello gives himself security. It's not surprising if we end up with neither as there's better options out there for both of them.

There's too many sources of information and things can snowball. I think we've got to be realistic and think the Dempseys and the Johnsons are our level and believe the Tellos and Sahins when they're holding the scarf upside down with Rodgers beaming next to them. Transfer stories take on a life of their own. Hve we even had it confirmed that we've got any offer in for Tello. There's somehing in us wanting Sahin due to Mourinho and Alonso stories, but too many papers then interpret that as we lead the chase or that things are now in our favour.

I understand what your saying about Tello and Sahin but on this occasion in fairness it was Guillem Balague that sparked the most recent rumours suggesting we were close to signing both. He generally has his finger on the pulse in Spain. He since backtracked on Tello but if the Telegraph or Guardian are to be believed Sahin has moved closer to joining us. Expect Arsenal to push hard though with Van Persie leaving even if they are different positions.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 16, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
Everton are to complete the £5.3m signing of Olympiakos striker Kevin Mirallas. I hope we don't live to regret this one, too.

Yeah Belgium seem to have a huge amount of talented players at the moment and you would wonder if he is worth the risk for a measley 6 million quid.

Moyes has a great eye for value. Jelavic was a steal last season.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 16, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »
The Van Persie deal and an interesting twist re Hernandez:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-manchester-1263074

I cant see Hernandez going the other way. Id be very surprised. Arsenal would be doing very well out of that deal if that were the case considering RVP has one year left.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 16, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
I cant see Hernandez going the other way. Id be very surprised. Arsenal would be doing very well out of that deal if that were the case considering RVP has one year left.

It would put a whole new slant on the deal if it happened.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19:29 PM »
I understand what your saying about Tello and Sahin but on this occasion in fairness it was Guillem Balague that sparked the most recent rumours suggesting we were close to signing both. He generally has his finger on the pulse in Spain. He since backtracked on Tello but if the Telegraph or Guardian are to be believed Sahin has moved closer to joining us. Expect Arsenal to push hard though with Van Persie leaving even if they are different positions.

With bringing in Podolski and Giroud, they could well try for Sahin, especially if Alex Song gets snared by Barca.
Spurs may also show interest if Modric, as expected, joins Madrid.

If we got him on loan it would be a coup, if we get an option to buy, then I won't need to write a list for Santa.

Balague sometimes appears to jump the gun and then ends up backtracking. Tello now he has the security of a contract is apparently going to give it until January. Barca must have the upper hand as they could demand a greater fee and knowing them would also put a buy back clause in there.

It looks like we need to clear out a few more now, which wouldn't be the daftest thing, as for too long we've paid players who contribute nothing and are just a drain on the club. Joe Cole has to be top priority.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 16, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
The Walcott rumours are like a cat. What's everyone's view on him?

It's a no for me. He has the pace we lack, but the owners seem to want rid of Agger due to his injuries, so it would make no sense to spend money on Walcott in that case.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
The Walcott rumours are like a cat. What's everyone's view on him?

It's a no for me. He has the pace we lack, but the owners seem to want rid of Agger due to his injuries, so it would make no sense to spend money on Walcott in that case.
If Wenger's willing to sell him to us (a club that could potentially (joke!) usurp their CL spot).
Nah...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
Nah...

Nah he won't sell or nah, we don't want him?  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2012, 04:47:12 PM »
Toby Alderweireld, right footed, strong, ball playing centre half of Ajax, who can also play right back. About time we sorted Carragher's replacement out.
Would be useful cover at right back given Johnson and Kelly's tendancy to break, and wouldn't neccessarily prevent Kelly moving to centre half, as he could play right back.
Also, even if Kelly does move to centre half, being a centre half doesn't reduce your tendancy to break (Agger) so we've got both positions covered, Kelly covered wherever he plays and Carra's replacement sorted.
Irrespective of age or form, Carra's contract runs out in the Summer anyway. Why wait until next Summer to address it? A replacement needs acquiring and blooding now, and Skrtel's bound to have his usual period out injured too.

Age 23, 5 goals in 79 appearances, capped at every level for Belguim from U16 to full international, with 18 caps for the senior national side. Ajax are in a mess financially.

I wonder if Danny Wilson fancies his chances in Holland?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:51:01 PM by Tes »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
Nah he won't sell or nah, we don't want him?  ;D
Walcott's barely 23. He's the perfect age for a footballer 5 years of prime ahead of him.

Now why on earth would Wenger dream of selling him...

Nah, we don't want him if Wenger wants to sell him.  ;D

Tbh, i haven't followed Walcott's career, but given he's been round for ages he should be
either completely indispensable or cost the earth. Maybe Arsene should make him captain  ;D