September 26, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 177690 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Season 2012-2013
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:51:58 PM »
And so it starts.........

Team lineup:

Starting XI: Jones ; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Jose Enrique ; Henderson. Spearing, Gerrard ; Cole, Borini, Downing

Subs : Gulacsi, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly, Robinson, Sterling.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
So the brave new era is being brought in by the same 'old' players.

Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
So the brave new era is being brought in by the same 'old' players.

Not much change in the first half either im afraid Tes.

To be fair its only our first competitive game of the season. Theres no huge visible difference in our passing and movement from last year yet. The players arent exactly killing themselves to give the players on the ball passing options. We are also still a bit susceptible to launch the ball if we cant immediately see a passing option.

At the back we have been cut open on a few occasions. Well to be honest we are very lucky to be going in level. They have had probably 3 or 4 very good chances.

Cole went off injured after about 20. Good to see Rodgers bring Sterling on to replace him.

We need to improve in the second half if we are to come away with a win.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
Poor performance but we got the result we needed.

Even though its still pre season Id say Rodgers must be only coming to terms with the size of the task of restoring this clubs fortunes. We have so many average players that are nowhere near good enough to compete with United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. There is a half decent core of a team there with some very promising younger players but we need to be accommodating the decent players we already have with some real quality.

As others have so frequently said we need to stop packing the squad with average players.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
Rodgers system is going to take time to implement too.

The players are still not giving enough options to the men on the ball.

With the ball, the defense often overpassed it around at the back, drew the opposition onto themselves and ended up passing back to the keeper who was forced to launch it up field. I dont think thats the type of possession game Rodgers is trying to devlop. With Agger in there you would have him looking to take the ball out of defence while looking to push forward.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
There should be one rule when buying - if the player isn't good enough to improve one of the 11 positions in the first team then DON'T BUY.

You don't buy 'squad players'. Squad players are made up of first 11 players who have been upgraded (those on the way down) and young players looking to break into the first 11 (those on the way up).

It's pure common sense but it means you can't help but strengthen and improve.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »
With the ball, the defense often overpassed it around at the back, drew the opposition onto themselves and ended up passing back to the keeper who was forced to launch it up field. I dont think thats the type of possession game Rodgers is trying to devlop. With Agger in there you would have him looking to take the ball out of defence while looking to push forward.

That is down to the midfield not giving the man with the ball an option. I simply fail to understand how pros can not understand the concept of finding space and making yourself an option to your team mate. The man with the ball is hardly difficult to spot.

Juan, you kept that quiet.

Stewart Downing scored a goal!!

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
 ;D Lol Tes I didnt want to start getting peoples hopes up.  Now you will have Dude and co coming on here claiming we're going to win the league  ;D.

In all seriousness first game in and downing has already nearly scored as many goals as last season.

This could be our year Tes!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
;D Lol Tes I didnt want to start getting peoples hopes up.  Now you will have Dude and co coming on here claiming we're going to win the league  ;D.

In all seriousness first game in and downing has already nearly scored as many goals as last season.

This could be our year Tes!

Dude's bound to get seriously carried away. He told us Dalglish would come good and boy has he just. Winning away in Europe. All hail our manager Woy.  :D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Dude's bound to get seriously carried away. He told us Dalglish would come good and boy has he just. Winning away in Europe. All hail our manager Woy.  :D
Now you will have Dude and co coming on here claiming we're going to win the league  ;D .

in the absence of Martin, it is left to me to rally the troops around the flag!

I see great things ahead (a cliff edge, the great abyss, a wide long empty desert)

keep your heads up troops - rejoice in the fact that every fart, every burp, every piece of tittle-tattle will be relayed on to us by our fine young manager.

indeed, I have started to wonder if our yankee owners misheard Rodgers at the interview.  They sought tika-taka, he offered tittle-tattle.

taxi for dude.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:03:59 PM »
in the absence of Martin, it is left to me to rally the troops around the flag!

I see great things ahead (a cliff edge, the great abyss, a wide long empty desert)

keep your heads up troops - rejoice in the fact that every fart, every burp, every piece of tittle-tattle will be relayed on to us by our fine young manager.

indeed, I have started to wonder if our yankee owners misheard Rodgers at the interview.  They sought tika-taka, he offered tittle-tattle.

taxi for dude.

They probably thought he wanted to play 'noughts and crosses'.

Where is Martin? I've been struggling to keep my chin up (as the gravel rash will attest to) since Martin's made himself scarce. Glad to see you've taken over tub thumping duties, Dude.

I hadn't realised our pitch was so close to the 'disappearing' cliffs of the East Coast.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
They probably thought he wanted to play 'noughts and crosses'.

Where is Martin? I've been struggling to keep my chin up (as the gravel rash will attest to) since Martin's made himself scarce. Glad to see you've taken over tub thumping duties, Dude.

I hadn't realised our pitch was so close to the 'disappearing' cliffs of the East Coast.

martin is absent these weeks, but he has a lot of work on his hands these days.  He is trying to recruit allen, dempsey and a few others.

but he has entrusted me with keeping chins up.

i am now off the Kings PR Team....so now I can devote all my energies to the new manager.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
martin is absent these weeks, but he has a lot of work on his hands these days.  He is trying to recruit allen, dempsey and a few others.

but he has entrusted me with keeping chins up.

i am now off the Kings PR Team....so now I can devote all my energies to the new manager.

:D

Has anyone ever seen Martin and Brendan Rodgers in the same room together? Are they one and the same person? Brendan has been very busy recently and Martin is absent. Coincidence or not? (Inserts rubbing chin smilie).

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »
:D

Has anyone ever seen Martin and Brendan Rodgers in the same room together? Are they one and the same person? Brendan has been very busy recently and Martin is absent. Coincidence or not? (Inserts rubbing chin smilie).
:D :D :D

very good point - nobody has ever seen Brendan and Martin ever in the same room, at the same time.

and I recall last season, that Martin would go missing at the same times when Swansea had away games, at faraway destinations (i.e. England).

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »
Dirk got two for Fenerbahçe tonight. I'm missing those goals already.