December 08, 2019, 02:30:28 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 289817 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #2235 on: March 22, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
to mid-table swansea (a club that have - at best - 20 percent of the assets that Liverpool have).
Is that the 20% we gave them with compensation for Rodgers
and his crew and the Welsh Xavi.

Meanwhile they dust themselves down go off and win the Carling Cup
beating us en route?

The solution? Oh we better sign Ashley Williams as well (be 29 in August)??

I mean you couldn't make this sh*t up!

We've bet the farm on Rodgers (a manager with no experience given
carte blanche to implement his vision at one of the world's biggest
football clubs) and my only hope is that the damage he leaves in his wake
is not irreparable.

Seriously, you could not make this sh*t up.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 22, 2013, 06:40:56 PM »
??? ??? ???

in case you were only born yesterday, the club is all about winning trophies.

and when did we give up on the league this season?  Oh about September time.  Before autumn was properly on us.

And if Rafa was still in charge this season, can you imagine what the xenophobic British press would be writing about this season;s run of awful results?

out of the league title running by September.

out of the league cup in October, to mid-table swansea (a club that have - at best - 20 percent of the assets that Liverpool have).

out of the fa cup in January to a relegation haunted division three side.

out of the Uselesses of Europe Cup in February, beaten by a Russian side that had been off on two month's mid-season break.

29 points behind the first placed team, united, in march.

behind everton, who have a tiny budget, compared to ours....and they have a game in hand.

wba threatening to overtake us.

and a BS merchant, with a love of his own voice and microphones, at the wheel of the club.

And despite all this taken out of context nonsense we might finish this season with a higher points tally than your hero Rafa managed to amasse during his first season. We could also finish in the same position.

All you do is moan moan moan. Twist what people say to suit your agenda. Never present an argument that can be proven either way. Never keep a nuanced and sober stance on things.

A year from now you'll be eating humble pie out of a bowl.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 22, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
Is that the 20% we gave them with compensation for Rodgers
and his crew and the Welsh Xavi.

Meanwhile they dust themselves down go off and win the Carling Cup
beating us en route?

exactly, Ed.

we supposedly have taken their best assets off them (their manager and their best player).

and FFS they appear to be stronger without these *assets*

they go on and win the league cup and are running neck and neck with us in the league.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »
And despite all this taken out of context nonsense we might finish this season with a higher points tally than your hero Rafa managed to amasse during his first season. We could also finish in the same position.

All you do is moan moan moan. Twist what people say to suit your agenda. Never present an argument that can be proven either way. Never keep a nuanced and sober stance on things.

A year from now you'll be eating humble pie out of a bowl.

what is taken out of context?

try and be specific, Martin.....and not post the usual insults, without any substance.

I referenced our exits from this year's cups, domestic and european, and our laughable effort at the title.

all you do is believe the spin from the bluffer.

the bluffer that wants time to build his apparently awesome project, DESPITE him being in the game only 10 minutes, and never having built anything previously.   

Like I mean, would you let a bloke who had previously built a tent, build your new 4 bedroom house?

BTW   I've got a bridge that I can sell you.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 22, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
exactly, Ed.

we supposedly have taken their best assets off them (their manager and their best player).

and FFS they appear to be stronger without these *assets*

they go on and win the league cup and are running neck and neck with us in the league.
;D Do you think they'd have won the CC if he'd stayed.

Doubt it.

Says it all really.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:50 PM »
That's all you lot have tho isn't it?
As I said, it's wearing thin.

Totally agree. You keeping refering to certain posters as 'you lot' is indeed wearing thin. Not everyone appreciates Rodgers the way you do. Get over it.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 23, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
One question bart mate, how many points did we trail then leagueleaders Chelsea by going into the 2nd tie of the CL-semifinal in 2005? Simple question.

And when's our next tie in European football?  Anot so simple question, but do try and answer all the same

At least back then we had the 'consolation' of a European Cup run and eventual victory. What do we have this season? Apart from a few extra goals over last season's tally. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:07:28 AM by Tes »
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 24, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
At the Emirates against Arsenal, I thought we were close,
except for maybe an issue on the left, ruthlessly exposed
by Walcott. I thought Henderson's performance was spot on.

Gerrard  Lucas
                           Henderson
             Downing                  Suarez
                             Sturridge

A few tweaks was all that was required and some work on closing
out games.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/784?cc=5739

"Worst of all, he found a midfield with balance -- one that worked away
at Manchester City and Arsenal. He has since disregarded it. How folly
it is wipe the equation's answer off the chalkboard.

Henderson provided the energy a half-fit Lucas and 32-year-old Gerrard
desperately need alongside them. He exhibits the confidence that Allen lacks,
the desire sometimes absent in Shelvey and the ability to quickly move vertically,
unlike the departed Sahin. Yet he has played just 116 minutes since. He appeared
for only six minutes against Southampton, with the sore-shouldered Allen picked
ahead of him. Rodgers has also opted for Shelvey and a two-man midfield ahead of
Henderson in recent weeks."

That's why we get annoyed, when it's obvious to us and the gaffer doesn't see it.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 25, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/784?cc=5739

"Worst of all, he found a midfield with balance -- one that worked away
at Manchester City and Arsenal. He has since disregarded it. How folly
it is wipe the equation's answer off the chalkboard.

Henderson provided the energy a half-fit Lucas and 32-year-old Gerrard
desperately need alongside them. He exhibits the confidence that Allen lacks,
the desire sometimes absent in Shelvey and the ability to quickly move vertically,
unlike the departed Sahin. Yet he has played just 116 minutes since. He appeared
for only six minutes against Southampton, with the sore-shouldered Allen picked
ahead of him. Rodgers has also opted for Shelvey and a two-man midfield ahead of
Henderson in recent weeks."

That's why we get annoyed, when it's obvious to us and the gaffer doesn't see it.

I'm assuming Allen can't play because of the operation...so unless the whole situation turns pythonesque with the black knight (allen) saying 'tis a mere scratch'....we may even get to see henderson against villa. Here's hoping...

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 26, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
Totally agree. You keeping refering to certain posters as 'you lot' is indeed wearing thin. Not everyone appreciates Rodgers the way you do. Get over it.

Since when is it OK to ridicule, belittle and scorn the manager of this club just because you don't "apprecite" him? It's perfectly OK to be disappointed with the season and how it panned out. It's perfectly OK to be critical of the manager. But that's a totally different thing to take every chance to have a sly dig at him for the sake of it. If you can't see the difference then this place's become seriously fukced up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:48:41 PM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 26, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
Comments on Rodgers by another notoriously thick footballer:

Jamie Carragher has been impressed with Liverpool's passing style of play since the arrival of Brendan Rodgers last summer.

"We've always played football at the club but I would say that Brendan Rodgers has taken it on another level in terms of playing football," the defender told the official site.

"He wants us to play even more football than I have ever been brought up to play. But we've always been a passing club and that will never change."

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Comments on Rodgers by another notoriously thick footballer:
But according to your man it's all about:

"It's just the balance and it depends on the opponent," Rodgers said.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/boss-i-know-i-can-count-on-jordan

After us getting destroyed by Southampton he makes that comment??

Well here's what the fans think, 'cos even the dogs in the street
knew Jordan should have started away to Southampton.

"Just more BR spin this. If you know you can count on him, you'd have counted on him- instead you picked a half fit and woefully out of form person in his place. JH deserves a starting berth at LFC. Pride comes before a fall BR."

"Oh... is that why you played Allen against Southampton with an injured shoulder to leave Gerrard isolated in midfield, Mr Rogers? These articles make the manager and players seem like they've got their head stuck in the sand. Carra saying Rogers has taken possession to another level, yet smaller teams are out passing LFC all season long! Would be nice to hear it like it actually is sometimes."

"Brendan your ego will get you fired don't be a and start with 4 attackers away from home to a relegation threatened side If you don't play 3 central midfielders against villa, (Lucas, Gerrard, Hendo) we will get ** by villa just like we did against southhampton."

"jordan is better than allen should never have been dropped and also has good energy in midfield"

"More verbal rubbish from this silly man. How can a player who was nearly sold to Fulham and then gets regularly overlooked accept such risible comments? The fact that Rodgers played his unfit 'son' over Jordan in the Southampton humiliation says it all."

"But you were going to sell him to fulham"

"Then why play an injured allen over Hendo? No wonder "we are were we are" and the season has been so far so bad. "

"I don't know why everybody goes on about this guy:) BR needs to swallow his pride and play the "unwanted" boy. Come on Hendo!"

"A bit ironic i think.., can count on him but dnt like playing him."

"feel sorry for the lad he has not put a foot wrong whenever he has playeplus he is twice the player allen is or ever will be, got a horrible feeling that rodgers might sacrifice henderson in the summer, if he does hes an idiot but what is the point in henderson staying when he knows that he will be out the team as soon as joe allen is fit, our very own welsh xavi- (boll*x)"

"Then why do you continue to play Joe Allen Leaving Jordan on the bench twiddling his thumbs he must be gutted as he is twice the player Allen is and most probably knows it."

"HENDO SHOULD BE PICKED OVER ALLEN!!! RODGERS BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THE SEASON WAS STARTING ALLEN AGAINST SOUTHAMPTON!!!!"

"as long as you shut up about top four and ask your rivals to watch out, you stand a chance of europe next season...pls shut up and concentrate on the next game"

"You owe him apology for every game you put Allen instead of Henderson."

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 26, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »
Yeah, that was prolly the difference. So now Henderson is the reason we didnt win the title just like Lucas last season? Big humour. Big indeed.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 26, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »
Yeah, that was prolly the difference. So now Henderson is the reason we didnt win the title just like Lucas last season? Big humour. Big indeed.
Wtf are u on about?, it's about judgement/decision making
and being competitive muppet, something we haven't seen
anything of from ur man. Some would argue that these are
qualities we'd like to see in someone given responsibility to
shape the clubs future in another transfer window.

Why should we go away to Southampton and give just them 3 points??
Oh it doesn't matter, bad day at the office or some such nonsense. The
writing was on the wall from the Spurs game, clear as crystal after 20
minutes of the Southampton game where he elected to play an injured
player alongside a 32 yr-old in a 2 man midfield:

Then ur f**kwit comes out with the earth-shatteringly moronic statement:

"It's just the balance and it depends on the opponent," Rodgers said.

Who (aside from urself) could take that seriously i.e. the reason I didn't play
him is precisely the reason I should have played him???????????????

It's embarrassing to be associated with a manager that is so the antithesis
of the great managers of our past. Embarrassing get it?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Well, you were hardly born when we last won the title so it is a tad unclear as to why you feel so embarrassed. Your funny though, I give you that.